1,749 results
All reviews light show the river business trip water show easy access to the metro my colleague every morning open view great room on duty fitness center adoption trip breakfast buffet is comfortable room wanda plaza chinese restaurant swimming pool
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2018

I have a long record of staying with Shangri La hotels - it's my favorite chain for business trips, hands down - but I had never stayed at the Nanchang hotel. Happy to say that it was a true pleasure staying there - Shangri La never disappoints!

The hotel itself is beautiful, my room was excellent to the tiniest details, the Horizon Club lounge is superb and the staff are very, very nice (and when English is a problem, there's always WeChat as the fall-back option).

My stay actually started with an unfortunate misunderstanding about airport pick-up (my mistake) - but matters were gracefully handled by the Client Relations manager. The rest of my stay was truly wonderful - I hope to be back there soon!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Teik Kong C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Nanchang, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Dear customer hvr68
Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Nanchang for your recent visit to Nanchang and review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed the hotel. It a big encouragement and I will share them with my team.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Shangri-La Nanchang in the very near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

This hotel was luxury and most of the staff were friendly and professional,and i like the view in the room so much.

when i checked in,it was very late,about11:00pm ,the DM sunny xiong has upgraded my room to an executive-room and the welcome amenities are all ready.

Service is very good.Laura Luo introduce the buffet discount voucher for me .She is very nice and patient.

As i have choose this hotel a few times,When i checked out,Milo Xu has proactively prepared my invoice well,this made the check out quick .

I'll choose Nanchang Shangri-la again in the coming Nov.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank guocalgary

Dear guocalgary

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Very helpful staff. Some problems understanding English, with patience much can be accomplished at ease in this location. Concierge service good. Cafe Hong buffet fantastic for local and on demand can get western dishes. Desserts are stunning !!!

Room tip: River view is a pleasure to have.
Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Sendhil K

Thank you for choosing Shangri-la Nanchang. I appreciate your time sharing your comments with us. I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us at swimming pool. I look forward to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Kind Regards,
Teik Kong Chong

Reviewed August 28, 2018

During the past summer holiday,i have spend about 20 days in SLNC with my children.My son,who could not swim at all two months ago,can swim 100 meters now.He just learn this skill in the swimming pool of SLNCl.This pool is large enough,and have a few people using it at most of time.so i feel very free to swim in it.As we have an open view of the Gan river just standing by the pool,this experience is quite memorable. SLNC also have many friendly and kind staffs.They are professional and warm-hearted.Due to curiosity,my boy pressed the emergency alarm ,this make me awkward at that time.The On-duty manager Sunny Xiong run upstairs and deal with this soon.She did not blame the boy and comfort us smilly.The Fo staff Eve Yu and Shirley Fang know the fourtain show in the QIUSHUI Square well.With their advice,i have the best view of the awesome fourtain show without going downstairs.Their professional spirit leave me a good impression.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Teik Kong C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Nanchang, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear machinefromABcanada,

Kind Regards,
Teik Kong Chong

Reviewed August 15, 2018

We stayed here during an adoption trip. We had two adults and two children under 4. The hotel staff was so nice and helpful. We upgraded to the executive floor which was the best decision we could have made. We could have breakfast and dinner up there, plus snacks throughout the day and it was much less chaotic than the buffet and restaurant on the main floor. The main floor breakfast buffet is very large though with lots of choices. The hotel was clean and safe and within the week we were there the staff got to know us. The location right by the river was wonderful. The light show each night was incredible. Unfortunately the fountains were being cleaned and repaired the week we were there so we did not get to see the water show, but I hear it is also amazing. Be sure to get a room with windows that face the river so that you can see. There is a new subway station right across the street which was very easy to navigate. There is a great indoor play area for kids. The pool is indoors and nice but I would say it is more for swimming laps and exercising, not for kids to play. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the river so that you can see the light show every night!
Date of stay: May 2018