“Be impressed”

InterContinental Hotel Wuxi
Ranked #2 of 680 Hotels in Wuxi
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was so excited when I know my stay in Wu Xi would be in Intercontinental. Previously, I was in 4 stars hotel in China which probably cost half the price of Intercontinental but yet I can label as a great stay, now I can really compare...If you are someone whom are really into details - yes you would see and feel the difference. From the moment I was greeted by the concierge to the reception, the entire experience was wonderful. The modern interior design of the rooms was a breath of fresh air - bathrooms are divided from the bed by a glass room(most 5 stars renovated hotels now have this concept). The materials used for the bed sheets, towels , carpets of course were of a higher quality. There was a gym and a pool - I only used the gym and the facilities are great. They have yoga mats, and a studio! Breakfast was immaculate ... and of course , after 2 days - I was sad to leave ...
This hotel is also centrally located, walking distance to the riverside pubs and cafes with wonderful night scene as the lanterns by the river (more like canal ) light up every night...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear InterContinental Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Wuxi. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped make your visit enjoyable! We strive to achieve excellence at every level. Learning that our professionalism and attention to detail did not go unnoticed is the best reward.

Thank you again for your support. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

You can expect what you can get at InterContinental, so it was a pleasant stay in general. The internet is not free. 60rmb per day is not expensive, but shouldn't this be free?!
What i am really impressed is the bathrobe. It was exceptionally comfortable because it was not the usual towel material, but an extremely soft and warm texture, which I never saw in any other hotel. Very nice to wear in a cold winter day!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank karensunqing
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Good position for shopping and eating. Lovely rooms and great service. Central to all Wuxi's attractions and close to nightlife Easy to get to from the airport by very cheap taxi. Would definitly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank cooperanna14
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know you have enjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked myself into this place for my birthday and got there on the eve of it because I wanted to start my birthday with a good hearty breakfast with unlimited coffee served to me. :) Breakfast did not disappoint. I was very pleasantly surprised when about mid-morning, there was a knock on my door, and someone came in with a birthday cake for me from the hotel. That was an unexpected pleasure that definitely added a personal touch to the visit. I would go again, even though I live in Wuxi. The service was great too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 20, 2012

As a PA, I have informed that be up guard to business room,but no club floor up guard, very big room with high floor, but desing was too old fashion,you can enjoy the nice rate for breakfast pay to front desk, breakfast was ok, international food plus Wuxi food.but I have to say please do not order room service that room service was very bed- quality for food.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us.We have noted down and will see into how to improve when we have a chance.

Looking forard to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here in May and was very impressed, particularly with the high standard of service. The second stay has only reinforced my high opinion of this hotel. It is not located in the heart of the city, but is close enough not to be a problem. The restaurants are quite expensive, but the food is worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Highly recommended for high standards throughout. Service very good and English spoken. Very good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicola1959
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012