“An overall nice stay. The Japanese restaurant is a mood KILLER.”

Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel
Ranked #3 of 666 Hotels in Wuxi
Shanghai, China
“An overall nice stay. The Japanese restaurant is a mood KILLER.”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

As a SPG P member, I was well recognized when checking in and was offered an upgrade to a suite. The overall stay was pleasant but there's some service defect which I couldn't ignore.

Highlights:
The upgraded room is well maintained and nicely furnished.
Fresh squeezed juice is offered throughout the time in Feast at breakfast time.
Prompt response of the staff after complain received.
I was offered to stay a little longer in the club lounge after check out when the lady on duty knew that I have a late flight to catch, nice touch!!

Pitfalls:
I like the Sheraton signature scent, but there's strong cooking smell in front of the Feast around lunch time, not so pleasant.
The staff working in the Japanese restaurant almost cost my good mood for this whole stay. Before we decide to eat there, I just called the guest service line and was told that the restaurant will remain open till 10pm and buffet was served. We went there after 7pm but found they were fully booked , and there're two groups of people waiting in front of us. I asked them to call my room once there's seat available. While we were wait-listed, I called them a couple of times. But the last call really upset me. I was told that the buffet hour is finished on 8:30pm already!! Then why shouldn't they told me earlier!!! The initiative of the staff working needs improving badly!!! And it is too late for us to go to the Wanda Plaza to have a decent dinner, the restaurant there were about to close!! The initiative of the staff working needs improving badly!!!
After complaining to the duty manager Karen in the lounge, she promised to take a further look on the issue. And she did come back to me while we were having breakfast, and would like to offer us complimentary lunch to make up the service flaws. We didn't take it as we had other plan, but we appreciate the attitude.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Wuxi. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the events you described in your feedback. We will focus on strengthening our Food & Beverage department associates’ training to enhance our service quality and provide guests with a memorable experience. Besides, we will check the exhaust system for the open kitchen of Feast, to ensure the comfort of our guests’ experience.

Philip Kang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Outside downtown in new district of Wuxi there is this beautiful hotel. Rooms are very good. Japanse restaurant is moderate. Lobby is very nice and the service great. Very good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us during your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel soon !

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Great suite upgrade for Platinum guest. Huge room. Breakfast was good.

Hotel is not too central, part of a large mall.

Did not have a chance to go to the gym.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2011

Hong Kong
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This hotel opened recently and aspired to be one of the 5 stars in this resort town near Shanghai. Perhaps management tried hard to please, but quality of construction is somewhat mediocre to say the least. Lobby, lift and hallways were splendid - usual prerequisite for the Chinese nouveaux riches. Room decor was also modern and bath room facilities seemed complete. Only that pipes and drainage were somehow wrongly connected that a disgusting odor remained a permenant companion during our 3 day stay. Air conditining was also unreliable. Worst of all, lighting fixtures were shaky and light rod in our bathroom simply fell out - all this in a Newly constructed edifice?

Not a single word of apology from management when we checked out. Is this Chinese or American managment style? or worst of both?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel during your recent visit to Wuxi. I sincerely apologize for the events you described in your feedback. We have implemented our action plans to address the various items that you had mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel in the near future.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed November 22, 2011

From the previous reviewers, there seem to be a consistent theme of lackluster service and air conditioning not working correctly. I have had 12+ nights scattered over the last few months there and the same issues keep coming up. It's not that the hotel management is uninterested in fixing the issues, I just don't think they know how. Which is sad for an otherwise nice hotel carrying the SPG brand in China.

I should mention now that I am a repeat guest, it seem that the check-in and check-out procedure is a little faster, but it may be that I am numb to the consistently slow service?

I would recommend the hotel if you have a short stay, these little issues will quickly overwhelm you if you stay more than a few days.

1 Thank Amge55
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel during your recent visit to Wuxi. I sincerely apologize for the events you described in your feedback. Regarding the air-conditioning issue, we have placed this as our top priority focus to ensure the comfort of our guests experience. We will continuously strengthen our Front Office associates’ training to enhance our service standard. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel in the near future.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Sheraton Wuxi is a business hotel with a warm atmosphere. I really appreciated the warm decorating tones (e.g., golds, beiges), after spending a week being surrounded by cooler, gray colors at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai. The breakfast buffet is amazing - foods from many parts of the world. Hotel rates were attractive. Meeting rooms are pleasant.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Crystal L, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the nice moments at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel. We’re very glad to hear that the hotel amenities exceeded your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with memorable experiences. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel in the near future.

Tokyo
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel and surprised by the ultra modern facilities.
If they improve some minor points, this hotel deserves truly 5 stars. Allow me to list some cautions since good points were all raised by fellow travellers and I fully agree with the positives. My points are: sound proof. My room was facing the street and I expected more sound proof since I heard always traffic and some Band playing Karaoke music. Second is bath room. Very modern but the bath tab is very slippery. We need some arrangments. Lastly, food. Very nicely decolated but serving is very modest. But overall, it was nice stay and maybe my comments are too harsh. I have no intention to discourage people to stay. Definitely, it is a nice place in this rapidly growing city of WUXI.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main street