“Great business hotel, close to New District”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuxi
Ranked #9 of 667 Hotels in Wuxi
Milwaukee
“Great business hotel, close to New District”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 nights due to a change in plans, but I liked this so much I extended my stay and canceled another hotel booking! Staff is friendly and accommodating, but not all are good at English. They know the routine requests (checking in, checking out), but may need to call on someone else for something unusual. Breakfast has almost too many choices to try them all. There is free wifi in public areas, and free wired/wireless in the rooms (wireless with a login). The fitness center is much nicer than the typical one, with a nice pool and a good assortment of machines. There is a small shopping center nearby, but many stores have closed. If you want to walk to a restaurant in downtown Wuxi, this is not the place to stay, but a taxi to downtown will only cost 30 Rmb max. This is also close to the airport and the high-speed train, maybe 20 Rmb by taxi. Overall, highly recommended! I'll be back when I come to Wuxi again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DTWX, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuxi, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Jman3749,

Your comments about your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Wuxi made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon.

Justin Guo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lugoff, South Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The staff is very freindly and helpful.Have made my stay very enjoyable.The food is good and there is a good selection each day . Rooms really nice.Just not any thing around close to do.The weight room is really equiped well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Gary a,

Thanks for staying here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Wuxi. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and the service was great. The hotel was well maintained with a good food selection each day. I would suggest staying here while in Wuxi, China.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DTWX, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuxi, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear NcIke,

Thanks for staying here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Wuxi. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We will keep it up and look forward to welcoming you back.

Justin
Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here for a night on business, very helpful concierge and front desk agents on check in. Rooms were ok showing a bit of wear although it Is only a couple of years old. Buffet restaurant food was VERY poor however the Chinese restaurant service and food were very very good. The room was slightly on the warmer side and even though I tried to reset the temperature it did not help. Overall a pleasant stay but the food in the buffet restaurant desperately needs to be improved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear enjoytravel5,

Thanks for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Wuxi. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them. See you soon.

Justin
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great hotel with helpful friendly staff. Food was good. Rooms excellent. Only negative thing I can say is not a criticism of the hotel, it is that there is nothing else around it to do.

Room Tip: There is an expressway at the back of the hotel. So likely quieter in the front.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Paul K,

Thank you very much for the review, and we are encouraged to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Much nicer than any Doubletree property that I have used in the USA. It seems very new and is very upscale. The rooms (we booked two) were very clean. While the side facing the highway has more noise than the side overlooking the tennis court, I enjoyed watching the baseball team (baseball in China????) practice on the fields on the other side of the highway. The breakfast buffet was nice though it could have been better due to the limited selection of dim sum. The bacon though was nice and crispy which is better than most places in China. The Noodle House restaurant is a bargain among hotel dining which is good given the slightly isolated location of the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly with a mix of English speaking staff.

I would gladly stay at this hotel again. Being a Hhonors member I first looked to book through the hotel website but soon found much better deals through 3rd party websites.

If this hotel were in Shanghai, it would compare very favorably with the Shangri-la, Westin, Ritz, JW Marriott and Hyatt properties. For approximately $100 per night including breakfast, this place was an elegant and comfortable bargain. If I had business in Wuxi, I would not hesitate to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the tennis court will be more quiet. Bargain dining in the Noodle House on the 2n...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
DTWX, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuxi, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear travelinjack3 ,

Once again, thank you for the patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

Huntsville, Alabama USA
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel has exactly what I'm looking for in a business hotel:

- convenient to my business meetings
- reasonably priced
- comfortable bed
- nice clean room
- pleasant staff
- sufficient fitness room
- complimentary in-room internet access

As far as I can tell, it is the closest western-branded hotel to Wuxi airport and factories of the Wuxi New District. It's also within 10 minutes of the Wuxi New Area Rail station which is a 45 minute high-speed train ride into Shanghai.

The price of the room was easily half of a comparable hotel in Shanghai and about the same as a 3.5 to 4 star hotel in the U.S. The price included a breakfast buffet and free wired and wireless internet. The bed was quite comfortable and I found it turned down on nights two through five of my stay.

The staff was very professional and always pleasant. In fact, one of the restaurant hostesses remembered my room number and that I liked black tea for breakfast - a pleasant surprise and a 5-star perq.

The fitness room and indoor pool were quite sufficient. Although they didn't open until 7am (I would have preferred 6am), I never had any issues waiting for equipment.

The downside to this hotel is that it isn't in a location that's really conducive to sightseeing, shopping, or dining. Unless you want to go to the KFC next door, you probably have to drive or take a taxi. This wasn't an issue for me since the company with which I was working had a driver that picked me up each day after breakfast and dropped me off after dinner.

Room Tip: Theoretically the rooms on the higher floors (25 stories in all) have nicer views, but most days the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear cwilson793,

Thank you very much for the review, and we are encouraged to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, will keep it up.

Once again, thank you for the patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.