“Very Grand”

Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou
Ranked #21 of 1,457 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here one night on our tour and were in Room 504. It was like a junior suite, very large with separate sitting area, bedroom, beautiful bathroom, dressing room with bath robes and small kitchen area. All sparkling clean and looking brand new. We felt really special. Free Wifi was provided. Our bed was very comfortable. There was a nice outlook from the large window, over the river to modern apartments and lots of greenery. The breakfast buffet was served in a beautiful dining room, very nicely furnished and the food selection was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BrisbaneTraveller2
There are newer reviews for Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou

Reviewed May 19, 2013

BIG COMPLAINT : several nights could not get the room Air Conditioning below 26 degrees C. Staff could not fix the problem either until my last 2 nights. Nice property, large clean room with separate living area. Bed is very hard Chinese style. Large well lit bathroom with separate shower. Water pressure is good. Free Wifi in room is quick. Coffe pot / kettle in room, but pre-packaged coffee has coffee, sugar & whitener all mixed in together. No iron & board. Breakfast & dinner buffet is good, although better cereal selection would be welcomed. There is a Subway sandwich shop next to the hotel. Staff are friendly. Would not return here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Valveguy
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel next to the Suzhou Technological Park. I was here on business so appreciate the convenience of walking to the companies I was visiting. The hotel is good and with WiFi and Breakfast included is a good bargain. I was given a Suite room which had a small kitchen but made because of the partition the actual bedroom is small considering how large the bed is. Also it is kind of a strange design that one has to walk from the bedroom through the living room to go to bathroom. Other than that no complaints on the room. The biggest negative in my opinion is the hotel breakfast buffet. Yes the spread is big and large variety but quality is sub-par. The bread is stale and I would not be surprise if the buns were there for more than a week. I would have preferred that they limit the buffet to just a few items of higher quality. I probably have to stay in this hotel in the future because of the location but would probably avoid the breakfast in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank penangboy
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of a your. ,the room was huge set up like a bedroom and living room combo with a rotating tv screen separating the two. Large, clean bathroom. We were very tired from touring and decided to opt out of the group dinner. We picked up Subway sandwiches from the building next door. We thoroughly enjoyed having such relaxing evening in the rom. The wifi there was free and worked in the room. In some hotels we could only get wifi un the lobby. Breakfast was excellent! We wish we could have stayed there longer. .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I loved this hotel.. it ought to be a 6 star.. seriously.. I mean HOW MANY hotels do you know of.. you can lay in bed.. push a button and the curtains will open! We had a couch, but the tv swiveled in the middle of this HUGE room so we could see it when in bed. The windows were huge with a great view. The staff were fantastic and spoke very good English and the food they put out for the buffets were amazing! They could have fed an army.. the very best though.. There was a SUBWAY next door!! I cannot tell you HOW GOOD that turkey sandwich was.. and the chips.. just plain old lay potato chips.. ohh such a treat! Okay back to the hotel. We had no problems with our wake up call, breakfast or the bed, which was hard to get out of in the morning! I would so stay here again.. It is lovely with lovely people..

Room Tip: we had a King room, on a high floor that over looked the street. The windows are triple pane (probab...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sitkasky
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I like this hotel a lot. I was skeptical about how the rooms would be in this city; however, I was impressed they were huge. The lobby was grand and even had a piano bar..
I especially liked the silk sheets and comforter that were appointed to the rooms. I was on a high floor and had a great view.

The breakfast was the best breakfast that we had in China...HUGE!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

On a recent trip to China, we stayed at five different hotels, and this was, by far, the best. tesChecking was seamless and the staff were, without exception, courteous and professional. I ordered a converter from the front desk, and it was delivered to me in less than 5 minutes. The suite was immaculate and the beds and bedding were comfy and begged me to stay tucked in. Unlike some previous reviewers, I found the beds not all that hard so maybe they have changed their mattresses. I only stayed long enough to enjoy breakfast in the restaurant. The buffet featured an amazing choice of both Western and Chinese food, and was all delicious. There was actually good coffee available, and a server refilled it frequently, which was the first and only restaurant to provide both. My only complaint was that I only had one night in this hotel.

There is free internet connection in the rooms, but no free Wifi, except in the lobby. You can purchase a converter from any of the markets for around $20 Cdn, that plugs into the wall, then the internet connection plugs into the converter and let's you access it as Wifi.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to break up their trip to China with a little bit of luxury.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends