“Comfortable Stay”

Xiangxuehai Hotel Suzhou Youlian
Ranked #555 of 1,495 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here as part of a 24 day trip around China. Large clean room with comfortable soft super king sized bed, robes and slippers. Good indoor swimming pool but a bathing cap is mandatory (both men & women). Free wifi in lobby. Interesting large supermaket 200m from hotel on right side with ATMs inside near entrance (try the Great Wall wines - cheap but excellent). Only complaint was that the breakfast is not replenished often so if timed wrong there was not much left.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moneyfools
HolidayinnPeterPan, Director of Sales at Xiangxuehai Hotel Suzhou Youlian, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post to us your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Suzhou Youlian. We appreciate that your valued comments in terms of the bathing cap as well as breakfast. The relevant department heads were notified the issues and we will improve it by immediate actions.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Suzhou Youlian in the near future!

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Trip at Oct . hotel is nice . room is big and service is under 4 star stand

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HolidayinnPeterPan, Director of Sales at Xiangxuehai Hotel Suzhou Youlian, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post to us your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Suzhou Youlian. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped make your visit enjoyable.We are delighted to know that the rooms facilities after doing product enhancement bring our guests more guest oriented experience at Holiday Inn Suzhou Youlian. Again, thanks for your precious comments and looking forward to welcoming you back in the soonest future.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is my first time to stay at Holiday Inn Youlian. My friend recommended this hotel to me as he used to stay here during his business trip in Suzhou. When I checked in, I was informed that hotel don't have non smoking room availble, however, as I have the membership card of IHG, their Duty Manager automatically upgrade my room to the Executive Non Smoking Room.

The carpet in the guest room just changed an elegant color with nice flowers. It's bright and clean, I really impressed.

I did enjoy my short stay there, Concierge staff is really helpful and gave me a lot of information about the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with Holiday Inn Suzhou Youlian! We truly appreciate your valubale comments as we continue to strive for improvements in every area. We look forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Suzhou Youlian in the near future.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Good service,Good Rooms,Good breakfast,Good swimming and Good smile

Room Tip: kingsides bed
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank zhou y
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I checked in to this hotel early September and my stay at this hotel was arranged by the tour that I joined in the US. Upon arriving at the hotel, the lobby looks nice and clean. However, things started to get bad once we checked in to our rooms.

To start with, the carpets are stained and you will not dare to walk on your barefoot. The shower tub area was poorly designed that when you shower, water will flow along the side of the tubs and overflow to the floor. The bed was okay but the pillows were all stained with yellow spots. Very disgusting!!

I called the front desk and told them about the pillows. So they sent housekeeping to our room. A day showed up at the door with a clean pillow case. I told the lady that the pillow cases are clean but the pillows themselves are dirty. I showed her the yellow stains on the pillows and asked if we can get clean replacement pillows. To my surprised, she said they don't have any other pillows and then walked away. So I slept without pillow that night and it was fortunate that we only stayed one night at Su Zhou.

I will never go back to this Holiday Inn location, and it was a disgrace to the Holiday Inn hotel chain that I always have positive impressions about.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
HolidayinnPeterPan, Director of Sales at Xiangxuehai Hotel Suzhou Youlian, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept my sincere apology for all the incidents happened during your last stay with us. We do appreciate our customer sharing their experience and comments with hotel no matter it are good or bad. Once we got the message, hotel management seriously look into the matter immediately.
In regards to the carpet issue, hotel management already paid high attention on it; therefore, the new carpet of both guest room and room corridor area will be completely replaced by the 1st week of Oct.2011.
In terms of the pillow issue, hotel GM has sat down with the relevant department heads to review the current process and emphasize the service training to all the hotel staff. Customer needs always should be handled as the 1st priority.
Again, we do apologize for all the inconvenience incurred during your stay and Should your travel plans bring you back to Suzhou, please give us another opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I checked into the Holiday Inn Youlian in Suzhou on 19 May and stayed for six nights. Got upgraded to an Executive Suite due to the unavailability of the room type booked. It was truly a very pleasant surprise as I had not expected the level of comfort experienced in a four-star hotel as I had always been used to staying in Five-Star hotels. The quality of the bed was superb and I had great sleep every night. Besides, the room was well-appointed and had all the necessary amenities for convenience. However, breakfast spread could be improved though the normal breakfast food items can be found. A special thanks to the General Manager, Ms Lily Zhou and her staff Mr Peter Pan, Director of Sales & Marketing for their professional assistance whenever needed. Highly recommended for travelers who need a reasonable, no fuss yet comfortable accommodation for business or leisure. I will surely stay in this hotel should I visit Suzhou again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PickyTraveller5
HolidayinnPeterPan, Director of Sales at Xiangxuehai Hotel Suzhou Youlian, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you for your generous compliments. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay at Holiday Inn Suzhou Youlian. Providing our guest with the comforts of a home away from home has always been our mission. Should your travel plans bring you back to Suzhou, we eagerly await to welcome you home – to Holiday Inn Suzhou.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

rubbish between the bed and the bedstand, carpet that I would not dare step on barefoot.
not in Holiday inn standard. poor isolation from outside noise during the night. noone to help catch a cab in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hkfrenchie

Thank you for caring enough to share your stay experience with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant experience. We assure you that we will look into your comments and suggestions very seriously as it had always been our desire and mission to provide each of our valued guests a safe, comfortable and delightful experience at our hotel. Hotel management and owner pay high attention on the issues you mentioned and plan to do the carpet renovation floor by floor start from July. Should your travel plans bring you back to Suzhou, please give us another opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay.