“Spacious room and fast service”

Holiday Inn Jasmine Suzhou Hotel
Ranked #23 of 1,478 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Our room was at 23rd floor. We request for 20 floor above so that we can have a better view of suzhou. The room was very spacious as well as the toilet. However, there is one problem. The room we stay is exactly facing the sun making the room quite hot. When we complaint to the reception, they sent the maintenance guy to our room very fast. So far the most friendly and helpful China ppl I met. Since the air conditional is centralized, he could not do anything but gave us a old standing fan.I am not very happy with it.The hotel is surrounded by shopping malls. No worry of finding food and shopping. Bus stop is just a few steps away, very easy to get a bus. Signboard on busses routes are display in every bus stop, however it is only display on chinese. Each trip only rmb 2. You can easily reach to tourist attractions by bus.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's a nice hotel but has two problems: no air conditioning and very noise.
The hotel is suposed to have air conditioning as it's promoted in the web. The rooms don't have it at all, they are charging something they don't give. Isn't that cheating on the customers?
They kept saying they were going to check it, after 4 hours the manager told us the air conditioning has been turned on just in some areas of the hotel and they send us a fan from last century! It's impossible the sleep in the rooms with no air conditioning and the noise from the construction beside the hotel. They work 24 hs a day . We where are in floor 22, can't imagine staying in floor 9!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with air conditioning, highest floor as possible and not beside the construction!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our room ovelooked Suzhou & the canals ... very pretty ... & the hotel had capitalized on this with large plate-glass windows. Unfortunately, the constant car-horn honking can still be heard 20 floors up & it starts early & ends late! However, our room was spacious & well appointed & the beds comfy so our stay was very good despite the traffic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank angieinwonderland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great location in Suzhou this hotel was spacious and welcoming. Breakfast was a plus. Located near old town and the canals this hotel offered easy access to the sites. With the subway system in place in Suzhou we were able to expand our outing cheaply.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank maxwellkg
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The rooms are quite spacious and neat. The view from the glass window too is great. This is in close proximity to Shantang Street (hardly 5 - 10 minutes of walk). The front desk is comparatively better with English speaking guests. Food served in the 6th floor has quite a spread of cuisines which made my stay even more comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

this is my n times be in holiday inn jasmine.
my wife like it because SONG-HE-LOU is @ 5th floor, and, SHAN-TANG old street is nearby; I like it because SUZHOU is not a big city, it's easy for us to go sightseeing from hotel.
what I don't like is hotel parking -- it is a nightmare to me. although hotel suggest I park @ KTV club's underground area across the road & hotel bear the parking fee, but it's inconvenient to me.
check in is fast & we are arranged @ 241x, and, A bottle of coke as welcome drink.
room is neat & facilities are good & enough.
buffet breakfast is so so, and, you had to find a seat by yourself, fortunately guests are few.
check out is very slow because my compatriots didn't comply with the queuing order,what a mess.
definitely I will choose holiday inn jasmine next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony-Xu
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed .... In April & July 2011.

Was booked under a printing factory under corporate rate.

This hotel deserved to have their repeat customers.

Attentive service - when I returned late to the hotel, reception sent a bell man out to buy me some snacks and drinks from a nearby shop. They did this when I mention that I need grab some stuff after I wan dropped off by the local contact.
When when the stuff was delivered to my room, the bell man refused to accept my tips!

I had to call them to return and take the tip!

Every morning they sent someone up to ensure that I am awake after 15 mins of my wake up call, afraid that with the daily late nights , I may miss my pick up.

I do not know if the staff in 2011 is still there. However, this is very unlike ....so much so that in Suzhou.

Room is super spacious - I think its the executive floor room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business