1,154 results
All reviews horizon club great hotel business trip nice service room service nice room public areas comfortable bed pleasant stay railway station other hotels china betty english gym taxi asia
Reviewed November 18, 2017

We have stayed in the hotel for 14 nights and it was really pleasant. The staff were always smiling and friendly. We were with our 9 month old and he made good friends with the staff.

I would like to sincerely thank Tony for his excellent support during the stay. We had some issues with the room and it was promptly attended to. Tony was also very helpful to my family in helping with places to see (recommendations) while I had to be at work.

At the CafeSoo , the manager Rain was super helpful. Always a smile and greets with full energy. Made us always feel warm welcomed every time we walked in there.

For me, all in all a hotel would be only good enough if the hospitality stands! Shangri La has managed to hire some excellent staff at Suzhou and it was a pleasaure staying there for 14 nights. Looking forward to be there again.

Thank you Tony and Rain once again for making us feel liek home.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 49th floor and all the rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Suzie X, Director of Communications at Shangri-La Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Dear guests,
Thank you for taking your time to write the review. We are delighted to know that you stay in our hotel for 14 nights. Through the years, our philosophy has been “Shangri-La Hospitality from a caring family”. We aim to provide guests with distinctive Asian standards of hospitality and service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

Spent 12 nights in the Shangri-La hotel my first visit to China, all I can say is if you are going to Suzhou this is the only hotel to stay, restaurants and food were excellent, the facilities second to non, but it was the staff and service that was outstanding traveled many places with my work and this is one the best. the staff were very friendly and always helpful, the bar staff were very friendly and after a long day in work they were very attentive and definitely went the extra mile to make me feel at home.
Will be returning to Suzhou and will definitely be returning to the Shangri -la hotel.

Room Tip: several guys stayed and all the room were excellent
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Suzie X, Director of Communication at Shangri-La Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write the review. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay. At Shangri-La, we aim to provide guests with distinctive Asian standards of hospitality and service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

I am travelling to Suzhou every second month for more than 10 years now and every time I am staying at the Shangri La.
The rooms are spaceous, clean and luxurious.
The staff is friendly and helpful and the food is offered in a good variety and tastes very good.

Room Tip: Corner Room
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Suzie X, Director of Communications at Shangri-La Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Reviewed October 16, 2017

The staff at the Suzhou Shangri-la are amazing. They bend over backwards to please you with so many little things. Especially Calvin, Owen, Winnie, Virginia and the whole staff at the Horizon Club. The houskeeping staf are wonderful at trying to make my stays as pleasant as possible by not tying to make my room the same as everyone else's. For instance I use a towel for a pillow and it is great when the staff already knows this and does not continually replace the towel with a pillow.

I stay at the Shangri-La because it is the best value that I can find that communicates and understands English well. the service and food is always top notch and I with so many good english communicators on staff, I can make and receive small special requests like peunut-butter and jelly to make simple sandwich.

Thank you to the staff at The Suzhou Shangri-La. I'll be back in November.

Matt

Room Tip: The Horzon Club level is super. It is nice to be able to enjoy a scruptous breakfast and a relaxing evening on the 48th floor lounge.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Being worldwide travelers I must say that I never received this kind of great, wonderful services at this hotel. In particular Fiona, Jobst, Rain, David, Ann, Virginia, Winnie, Ammi, Calvin, Owen and Tony. At each of their position they all offered a wonderful service and I am thinking them for that. This hotel is really customer oriented as well as maintaining a local tradition in all services.
Spacious and clean room, meals of excellent quality. It is highly recommended to anyone who would like to appreciated the Chinese hospitality with great smile from each of the crew then it is the place where you have to stop.

Room Tip: Any room is good