“Service and comfort”

Ranked #4 of 1,454 Hotels in Suzhou
Alingsas, Sweden
“Service and comfort”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Excellent service, great comfort and splendid offerings. Trur relaxation after a hard day's work. This hotel is something to look forward to. You feeel like arriving at a resort where the busy life on the streets are easy to forget.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in Shangri-la Hotel Suzhou for 2 nights. The service was impeccable, right from the ride on the Audi from Pudong Airport till check out. Both times Guest Relation Officer was there to check us in with a warm welcome and check us out with a nice farewell. Housekeeping was efficient too. cleaned up room 2 times a day. Once our room's wc was choked. The technician arrived promptly after calling the frontdesk. The other time was when our room was very stuffy all of a sudden. The technician arrived within 5 min of call and fixed the problem immediately. Cafe Soo was fantastic too, the breakfast spread was good, and the service was fast and great! Shangri-la's staff are fantastic and always greeting guests with smiles. Room was spacious , clean, posh and toilet was very nice. The bed was very comfortable as well. Shower was spacious and even had a bathtub in the toilet! Would say this is truly a 5 star hotel, and probably the best in Suzhou, maybe even in Jiangsu Province! I would say this hotel is one of the best 5 star hotels I ever visited.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the Shangri-La on the nights of 20th through 23rd October 2012.

We had a Horizon Deluxe room with Horizon club facilities and this was greatly appreciated. Our thanks also to Diana Shen - Guest Relations Officer, Annie Sun - Horizon Club Manager, Aya, Candy, Lin and all the management and staff.

The room and facilities were excellent. I really appreciated the design and style, particularly the bed spead. The room was extremely light and bright which is a pleasant contrast to the Sofitel suites enjoyed on the rest of our trip. The room was of very good proportion. We were tickled by the daily book mark extracts from the Lost Horizon book and weather forecasts.

The aspect was also good. We enjoyed looking out onto the Suzhou National New and Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone and seeing the well organised roads intersected with the canal.

The Horizon Lounge was very pretty and we often dropped in at happy hour for a drink and appetizer. The food choice was quite adequate but a little bland for our taste.

We also sampled the Deli Soo restaurant and café and again had no complaints and found the food to be of a high quality even for Western food choices.

We did not have the opportunity to test the ease of getting a taxi because we had our own driver and guide, and otherwise were taken on trips by friends and business acquaintances.

The following were also noted

1. The safe has an electrical plug at the back, so that small electrical items can continue to be charged. I have not found this in other hotels and applaud the facility.

2. We left some smalls drying out across the bath, and when we returned we found that housekeeping had kindly repositioned the items in front of the window on the trouser stand to catch the sun’s rays. They also left a sachet of laundry powder on the table. This is the attention to detail which I sought, often in vain in other hotels, so well done Shangri-La.

3. The hairy crab sales stand in the Lobby was fantastic. I liked the enterprise.

4. English is well spoken by everybody we met.

The whole hotel exudes a sense of grace, comfort and well being.

Overall experience was excellent and we would recommend this hotel. Our only regret is that we did not view the suites. We both would welcome a return to Suzhou and to staying at your hotel again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is my second trip to Suzhou for business. If your international traveller (like me) and stop at Pu Dong International Airport please get local to help you to book taxi or transport to Suzhou (total about 2~3hrs) ! I have been trying to get fast train.. end up frusrated. Local help to get transport BUICK car from Pu Dong Airport to Suzhou cost RMB400 max, if you get at the airport counter cost RMB800.

Arrived at hotel.. with great hospitality, check in with non smoking room, since there are no non-smoking room, my stay had been upgraded *wink* since long stay too. Stay at level 43... manage to be a CIRCLE member.. had a breakfast at CIRCLE executive at level 48! Wow the view are superb! just a few day manage to enjoy the view.. since the rest of the day the weather was not good with mist.

Since I am Muslim.. very sensitive to food.. look around the buffer/ menu for ala cart.. the waiter/ waitress always recommend or getting a special one for me. I was really really impressed!

Toilet with an automated bidet :D this is the one i like most! hardly find in any hotel/ resort.

The location of the hotel is great, in the center of town (I was not really explore the surrounding.. limited time).

Room Tip: Higher floor is great! ;)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Emmen
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nice hotel in sky scraper of 230 m high. Bit far from down town. Rooms are clean and quiet. Good pool and fitness. Wireless internet slow. Overall good experience. Nice view from THE rooms. Good service. Good restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My stay was in March 2011.
Like other Shangri-La’s hotels, they have well-trai ned and highly professional teams of staff who are always initiative, friendly and courteous. When enjoying the bountiful breakfast, I ordered a fried egg. However I forget it after receiving an urgent phone call. The chef found me at the table and sent me the fried egg. There were so many customers and he was very very busy. But he can recognize me and completed his service. So surprised and touched.
I have the staying experience in five Shangri-La’s hotels in Asia. Their staffs always provide great services and hospitality. ......Good hotel, excellent staffs.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank liucy752
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Generally everything is perfect, great food, comfy room, good location, nice service. However, I would like to give some suggestions, 1) We need more activities for kids. there's only one small area in Cafe for kids playing toys. What if it's rainy day, we cannot go outside, there will be a problem for families with kids. My three years old daughter could just spend time in pool or at the playground beside the hotel. 2) We need Air purifier. During this National Holiday, there's terribly air polution. We can't sleep well in the night since my daughter and me got badly coughing. When we back home, we have Air purifier in my daughter's room, she's getting better. It would be great if you have an air purifier in every room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family