“Absolutely blown away!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou
Ranked #4 of 1,474 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Was in Suzhou for work and stayed in Crowne Plaza. Was absolutely blown away by how spacious the room is. There was a little note handwritten by the hotel General Manager welcoming me to the hotel, which adds to a very nice personal touch to my stay. I can't imagine how many notes he has to write everyday, so it definitely made me feel special.

Also placed on the little table near the window was a plate of fruits, oranges, apples & pears, not a huge glaring welcome but one which was very appreciated by someone who had taken a 6-hour flight and endured a 2.5-hour car journey through the paralyzing traffic to reach Suzhou.

The bathroom/toilet is gigantic and clean. The blinds which provided some privacy from the bedroom were electronically controlled, so opening and closing the blinds were just a matter of pressing buttons. So were the curtains in the bedroom.

Although my room faces the back and not the Jinji Lake, I could still view the sunrise if I opened the window a little. However, there was a sign which warns that there may be mosquitoes outside and opening of the window is not advisable.

Will stay again if I visit Suzhou in future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear dracwy,

Thank you very much for your stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us such a valuable and comprehensive review.

We are delighted to learn that you are satisfied with our room and the services we provided that touched you. It’s so encouraging that you take all the troubles to share lots of details about the experience such as the welcome card, welcome fruit, bathroom and view. We are dedicated to providing the guests a relaxing and enjoyable stay during their journey. Your kind words of praise are highly appreciated since they will motivate us to improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to your continuous support and the honor of serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my second visit to Suzhou for work, and the second time I stayed at Crowne Plaza.

I can't remember having one negative thought about the hotel. Their buffet breakfast had so much variety I could assign a different theme for my breakfast each day of the week. I'd eat so much for breakfast that I could skip lunch altogether.

Rooms were perfectly clean. Service was great. Staff were always smiling and very friendly. Alberto, the Guest Service Manager, was always a delight to chat with while waiting on my shuttle to the workplace.

Great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Aaron L,

Thank you very much for your second stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us.

We are greatly honored to welcome you back again and offer you an enjoyable stay highlighted by our breakfast, room, service and staff. It’s so motivating that you take all the time and trouble to mention colleague’s name and your experience details. Your satisfaction is our best reward, which will constantly encourage us to deliver quality services, allowing our guests to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, thanks for your wonderful review and recommendation. We look forward to your continuous support and the pleasure of serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The service provided by the staffs here were very friendly and the room was neat, tidy, spacious and comfortable. I spent my business trip here in this hotel and it has definitely exceed my expectations and I have enjoyed my time here in this hotel. Just simply beautifully decorated and the breakfast was incredibly awesome with tons of variety of food that you can choose from!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear AlexKhoo,

Thank you very much for your stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou on recent business trip and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a valuable review.

We are very delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and our service, staff, room and breakfast have helped make your stay more pleasant and comfortable. It’s so motivating to read about your kind words of praise, which will inspire us to keep improving and allow our guests to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, thanks for your wonderful review and support. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I've been travelling for business to this area of China for many years. I make a point of stoping at least 1 night at this hotel because it never dissappoints. The Japanese Restaurant within the hotel is a very good place for a relaxing meeting with very good food and an amazing view over the lake.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear MSmithy77,

Thank you very much for your continuous support to Crowne Plaza Suzhou during the past years and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a valuable review.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Japanese Restaurant Wasabi has made your stay experience more memorable. Your trust and kind words of praise are highly appreciated. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, thanks for your review and support. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a work trip. The boat theme/overall decor is a bit much, but the staff were helpful with good English, and the rooms were perfectly comfortable. Fantastic view over the lake in the restaurant. I don't think there is much choice of accommodation on the Suzhou industrial park, but very little to fault at the crown plaza if you choose to stay there.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lorna515
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Lorna515,

Thank you very much for your stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time to leave us a valuable review.

We are glad to learn that our staff, room and lake view have helped make your stay pleasant and comfortable. Your feedback is highly appreciated as it enables us to monitor our service and quality constantly. With the convenient location, comprehensive facilities and attentive services, we strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your review and recommendation. We sincerely look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip recently, where we used one of the conference rooms for a 2 day conference. The hotel was very comfortable, the staff were welcoming (at all levels - reception, waiting staff, cleaning staff I bumped into in the corridor) and the food choices at breakfast and lunch were incredible. I am sure I put on weight in the few days I was there! I had a great room, large, clean, and fresh-smelling, with a view out over the swimming pool. The large atrium in the centre of the hotel building was impressive. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz_C306
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Liz_C306,

Thank you very much for your stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou on recent business trip and taking time to leave us a valuable review.

We are greatly honored that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our service, environment, food, room and atrium lounge have helped make your accommodation away from home more comfortable. It’s so motivating to read about your kind words of praise, which will inspire us to keep improving and allow our guests to indulge in the best they deserve.

Thanks again for your wonderful review and recommendation. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was lucky enough to go here through work. It's a 2hr drive from Shanghai. I was fortunate to have a driver and he negotiated through the wacky races!
The hotel is very impressive, built onto the lake shoreline. The service and room facilities were first class, with European news channels and free uncensored wi-fi for overseas guests.
I spent a day exploring and there is the mix of old and new. The walk around the old canal is well worth it, taking in the Gardens.
On the weekend, a short stroll away, there is a huge firework and light show on the promenade, which encompasses the entire lake.
Overall a great experience and offers a gentle insight to the Chinese.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisV578
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Chris V578,

Thank you very much for your stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to share your comprehensive experience with us.

We are very glad to know that our location, service, room and environment have helped make your business trip pleasant and enjoyable. Your comments are highly appreciated as we always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodation to our distinguished guests.

Once again, thank you for your valuable review. We look forward to the honor of serving you again in the near future.