“Lovely Hotel & Staff”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou
Ranked #5 of 1,458 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband was sent to Suzhou for work for 2 weeks. The ship-themed hotel is close to Jinji Lake. The lobby is quite huge.The room was very spacious and the bathroom was nice. There is a glass wall and blinds that separate the tub from the room. I guess so you can watch television while soaking in the tub.The bed was very comfortable. I'm guessing most people don't spend all day in the room because the selection of tv shows during the day was very limited. The windows are big and I can imagine how nice the view would be if we had stayed in a lake facing room. I did enjoy the touchpad that are on bedside tables to control the lights in the room. I did like the "master off" button located near the door so you don't leave the room with every single light on in the room. During our stay there was a man playing the piano, which was nice to listen to while hanging out in the lounge. We didn't eat at the restaurants in the hotel, but we did order room service a couple of times and the food was better than what you get at other hotels. The breakfast buffet was one of the biggest breakfast buffets I have ever seen. There are lots of choices and on a nice day, you can look out to the lake while you eat. There are some restaurants along Jinji Lake that are within walking distance. And on the weekends at night there is a Bellagio-like fountain show that goes on at the lake. The hotel staff was very nice. The concierge Henry was really helpful. We were there during the Mid-Autumn festival so my husband got an extra day off. We decided to go to Beijing for the weekend. Henry was able to help us book our train tickets. If you are tired of eating out, there is a Wal-Mart nearby on the bottom floor of the mall. We took taxis as much as we could because it was very convenient. If you aren't a fan of walking, I would recommend the taxis - the driving may seem crazy and safe at the same time. Unfortunately sometimes taxis aren't always queued up outside the hotel and sometimes we had to wait a couple of minutes before one arrived. I wish we had more time to explore the touristy areas, but by the time my husband returned from work most of the sites were closed. I would recommend taking a day trip to Shanghai if you have time. The train station was pretty clean and once you understand where to go it's pretty easy to understand.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Leah L, Hotel Management at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and share with us the detailed experiences at our hotel. We are glad to know that you have a pleasant stay and your comments are of great value to us.

Crowne Plaza Suzhou is a cruise-themed hotel set against the fascinating Jinji Lake. The hotel is uniquely designed to bring a different experience to all the guests. With a variety of dining offerings, well-equipped facilities and dedicated services, we spare no effort to ensure that we are The Place To Meet in the storied city of Suzhou.

Suzhou is an ancient city with 2500 years’ history. The classical gardens are listed in UNESCO World Heritage and are the reason why the city has become one of the most revered cities in China. We wish that you could spend more time in Suzhou next time and explore the beauty of the city with your family.

Thank you again for your feedback and support. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou

Reviewed September 15, 2011

It is absolute wonderful hotel. The hotel is shapped like a ship. The people are very nice. The food is very good. The hotel has a very nice lake view. I have stayed at this hotel many times. The only thing I don't like Suzhou is -- very hard to find a taxi. The bar is very nice.

Room Tip: Seventh floor is executive floor as i know
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank spcoffeeman007
Rebecca8218, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are very glad to know you like our hotel as well as our service. We always try to give our best in order to keep improving.
Regarding the taxi issue, I am very sorry to hear that, it is true that at certain times of the day such as rush hour it is quite difficult to find a taxi as well as when the weather is bad. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it, in any case, we will keep trying to bring a solution up to this problem.
Thank you again for your compliments and support and we look forward to seeing you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The Crowne Plaza is my new favorite hotel in Suzhou. The ship-theme hotel jutting out into Jinji Lake is quite stunning, in good location, with nice surrounds, and spacious well furnished rooms.

The lake-view rooms are spacious with full-wall windows offering beautiful views across the lake.

Restaurant buffet at breakfast is quite good.

Service is very good, although not called by name very often.

There is a very nice gym/fitness center on ground floor. There is indoor pool and hot tubs as well as outdoor pool and hot tubs surrounded by nice deck area on edge of lake.

Room Tip: Take a king deluxe lake-side room. The view is worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

I would like to apologize if our staff did not call you by the name as often as it should be, I completely understand your point of view, due to this, we are recently updating our guest database. The new system will include a photo of every guest staying in our hotel, those photos will be shown to our staff with the purpose of making them familiar with you and being able to recognize you at any time while staying with us, so, for your next stay, I invite you to take the photo with us and check on our improvement!.
Thank you again for your compliments and support and we look forward to seeing you back at Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

This is perhaps the only review on any product or service I will write the entire year. I just don't have the time normally. My wife and I were talking today, about our trip to Suzhou on her Birthday April 1st of this year. I was reminiscing about the amazing "over the top service," the Crown Plaza Suzhou had towards me and my wife. My wife then said to me, "you know, you've been talking about thanking the staff at that hotel for almost 1/2 a year, why don't you just write them?"

I thought to myself, she's right. I have many years in customer service and the rule I generally go by is: MOST HAPPY CUSTOMERS YOU NEVER HEAR FROM, UNTIL THEIR NEXT VISIT OR PURCHASE. Having been on the other end of the phone many times, I imagined myself getting a phone call or e-mail detailing service excellence. That's the thought the finally provoked me into writting a positve review for the Crown Plaza Suzhou. As for the details of why my wife and I were such satisfied customers, read on.

When we arrived two doormen rushed to the taxi to open both doors while another waited patiently near the trunk to collect luggage.

As we checked in, the hospitatlity manager (I forget her name) greated us personally and informed us that since it was my wife's birthday and I was a priorty club member, they had upgraded our room to a suite. ( I had previously called the hotel and told them it was my wife's birthday and asked them could they please have some fresh flowers waiting in the room for her upon our arrival.)

While at the check in counter; we were offered refreshments and treated extremely courteously. When it came time to be shown to our room an attendent steped forward with the biggest bouquet of white lilly's I had ever see! I was expecting a small pot of Carnations, Daisies, or something. This bouquet of flowers was almost as big as my wife (and I only exaggerate a little here!)

Durning our two day stay my wife and I had access to a very helpful young man by the name of Paul ( I think that was his name). Whenever, we had a question or request this young intern had a ready answer and a cheerful demeanor.

On the night of our first stay we ordered room service and settled in to watch "American Idol" for fun. When the food arrived not only was it delicious but the hospitalty manager also thought to include a birthday cake for my wife. Needless to say this stunned both of us and cemented a wonderful stay.

I had previously visited the Suzhou Crown Plaza on a business trip (that's why it stuck in my memory as a good choice to take the wife for her birthday.) If you haven't seen the view from their lobby, it's worth visiting even if you only have a drink in the lounge. The Cantonese restaurant is excellent ( I'm not an authority but, I regularly do business in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong.)

The only thing better than the view at Shuzhou Crown Plaza is their service! A truly world class hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin S
Rebecca8218, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we are very happy to hear such a good compliments, it make us feel proud of our job, feel valuable, and of course, give us the energy to keep improving. As you said, usually it is rare to hear from satisfied guests, that is why we sincerely appreciate you took the time to write such a detail feedback.
Once again, thank you and I hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice, in May and again in June. The hotel is a beautiful hotel mimicking the look of a cruise ship. All the small details show the extent to which the Chinese will go to make things as realistic as possible. Service was impeccable and would definitely stay here again. You will pay extra for a lake view room. Breakfast was great with a wide choice and again service was brilliant. You find that the service at breakfast is Soooo good that the moment you take your last bite, or put your knife and fork down a waiter/waitress is there to take your plate away. My husband and I just used to laugh about it but it can be off putting to some people. The location is good and front desk very helpful at arranging taxis or translating for you when needed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Rebecca8218, Acting Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Distinguished Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are very glad to know you like our hotel as well as our service so much. We will try our best to do better.
Thank you again for your compliments and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I've never been so impressed with a Crowne Plaza Hotel before. So glad that our friends recommended this hotel to us. From the convenient location, panoramic view of the lake, modern hotel rooms, facilities and restaurants, we couldn't find any faults at all. The warm welcome by the courteous staff made our stay truly memorable. Look forward to visit Suzhou again and of course this is the only hotel that we want to stay in this city.

• Stayed: October 2010

Distinguished Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are very glad to know you are so impressed with our hotel. We feel great honored.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

this was my third trip to the Suzhou Crowne Plaza Hotel.
It is always very enjoyable.
Good location in the middle of Suzhou Industrial Park at the lake and nice and clean rooms, I had once a suite which is located on the top floors, they are much bigger and have a round bath tube.
Has a chinese and japanese restaurant in the same building

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Distinguished Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are very glad that you always choose our hotel. We will try our best to do better and will not disappoint you.