I lived here for 3 months. these are the consolidated points:
1) You will never starve (overeat most likely) - there are food places every where !!
2) Shopping needs - offers are always on, do keep a lookout for huge discounts though because theyre normally priced high and discounted.
if shopping for tourist-y goods, look around first (normally the farther the shop is from the crowd, the cheaper - i got scammed once, bought a dress for 120 only to found out that it costs a mere 30 in another) and ASK FOR DISCOUNTS)
3) it is relatively 'dirty' but just get used to it, it is due to the crowds and not the cleaners. these cleaners wash the pavements every other day in the morning and are constantly emptying the bins.
4) Go to Song He Lou/De Yue Lou. good food but really bad and impatient service staff.
5) go to the small goods wholesale centre, worth it. need to get down on bargaining though.
6) Try Amazon Intl Buffet. do it on a weekday lunch, its cheaper and less crowded = easier to get a table.
7) HAVE FUN.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.