“waiter service ??!!”

New City Garden Hotel
Ranked #38 of 1,478 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am writing to share some opinion on the coffee shop at the hotel's old wing.

my family and I went for buffet dinner there on 27/11. Obviously, some staff were reluctant to collect plates as i waved them and took plates by myself several times.

Besides placing cards on table to remind guest not wasting food, it is recommendable to seek some other ways to prevent it such as assign few staff to help guest take food or separate food into small portion on buffet table for guest taking.

staff should be trained not to chit chat too much while they are working as they may be distracted to work. Honestly, I would say the buffet dinner being not worth from the perspectives of service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is an outstanding Japanese hotel in Suzhou. It's very clean, the rooms are very large with many amenities, and great restaurants. There is a complimentary breakfast that is diverse and quite good. I highly recommend this hotel, which is also quite reasonable - about 800RMB / night.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade to the 8th floor which is the Fuji floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel and is in my opinion one of the top hotels in Suzhou. The Lobby is very welcoming and once you enter the complex you are instantly greeted with warm reception. Although only a limited staff are competent in the English language they are always striving to exceed your expectations.

The room itself was quite lovely and new (stay in the East wing). The view was fantastic and the room itself was very large. Bathroom was beautiful too.

The Rhine Cafe has many options both Western and Asian choices. Delicious! The dumplings and desserts are to die for :)

I highly recommend those who come to Suzhou to stay at the NCGH! You won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

It looked good and even felt good at the start but then it went downhill. The beds were suitable for Chinese, many of whom seem to like to sleep on hard surfaces but we are decadent Westerners and don't. Breakfast was chaotic and to good quality. Overall, I'd look for somewhere else next trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The room is not too bad, equipped with all the necessary items. Service is good as well. Location is pretty centralised with quite alot of supermarkets, pubs/restaurants, shopping malls nearby. I stayed at the old wing of the hotel and it was decent enough. So I guess the new wing would be nicer, though more pricey. Best thing of the stay have gotta be the breakfast. Wide selection and absolutely fresh & yummy!

Areas which I think could be further improved: Some of the room facilities were faulty i.e. the lights and fridge. Smoking is prohibited in the rooms but I could smell the cigarette smoke in the room. Perhaps, they could improve on the detection and elimination of the smell. Wi-fi only at the lobby area, would be better to have it in the hotel rooms as well.

All in a all, a pleasant stay. Wouldn't mind going back again. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying in this wonderful hotel 3 times now and we were both so delighted with the excellent service and professional and friendly staff that we decided to visit again with some friends. We were not disappointed and either were our friends!!! This hotel provides beautifully designed spacious rooms. The buffet breakfast caters for all your breakfast needs. The staff are polite and friendly and go out of their way to assist you in any way they can. There are also many little extra special touches such as the turning down of the bed with a small box of biscuits, handwritten notes, fruits in the room on arrival and Wi Fi is readily available in the rooms. Whenever we have the opportunity to return to Suzhou, we will most definitely be staying in this wonderful hotel again!!!!!

Extra The rooms provide a spacious bath and a fantastic rain shower head.

Room Tip: Try and book a room on the 25 th floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at the New City Garden hotel and as it is a good decent Chinese and local hotel, I was highly disappointed with it's location and the service given to me by the front desk. I booked my room and confirmed everything in advance, noticing that upon arrival my room was not ready.

The service of the staff was very rude, might due to busy times, but as a guest that is not my concern. I went to the room to see it was not cleaned properly. I pay a good price and tried this hotel for the first time...

I will never return as I am not happy with the result and rather choose another hotel when I return to Suzhou...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business