“Good view”
Review of Danny`s Kitchen

Danny`s Kitchen
Ranked #55 of 810 Restaurants in Suzhou
Cuisines: French
Description: Danny’s KitchenPerched on the shore of Jinji Lake, Danny’s Kitchen combines breathtaking views with the epitome of French and Italian Mediterranean cuisine with a touch of Asia. Your preference for a light meal, or fine romantic dining on the 2nd floor, Afternoon Tea on the Terrace or entertain in the opulence of a private 3rd floor lakeview dining room have all been considered by Danny’s Kitchen.
Reviewed June 15, 2016

I sat outside right by the lake which is really breathtaking. the foods are really fancy and small in portions. would have spend lots to feel my appetite

Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is situated in the Tonino Lamborghini hotel Suzhou. It is directly located at the Jinji lake. You have an astonishing view from the restaurant to the lake. We had Western lunch there at a Saturday. Danny's offered a business lunch with a choice of starters and entrees (you can check the current menu in the Internet).
You will receive authentic Western dishes (French/ Italian/ Mediterranean), nicely arranged.
I absolutely recommend when you feel to have Western dishes in Suzhou!

Reviewed May 1, 2015

With my spouse, we had diner in this restaurant expecting to have exceptinal experience according to what we read on Tripadvisor.
Suppose to have french cooking, the quality of the food was far from our expectation. The pork knuckle was so hard that impossible to eat furthermore served with many mushrooms which is not really used in Alsace...The duck leg was also very dried and not mellowness as we use to eat in France. Maybe, the cooker has forgot what is the french cooking....
Last and not least, for a restaurant of this category, the service was quite good at the beginning but a disaster at the end of the diner. We have to wait 20 minutes to see someone taking at us for having deserts....just unacceptable......
At the end, cookies from the trolley were not fresh especially "macaron" we cannot eat due to the test was too strange...

1  Thank daniel r
Kevin C, Manager at Danny`s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2015

Dear distinguished guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences with us; it is through continuous feedback that we are able to objectively review the food quality and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

We are pleased to read that you mention about our food quality and service. However, it is regrettable that you didn’t enjoy a perfect dining experience with us this time. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We’d like to apologize for the Incomplete experience caused by the dining service. Relevant departments have been informed and proper action will be taken to avoid this happening again in the future.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, which enables us to monitor our food quality and standards constantly. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact Mr. Chris Cheng, our Senior Manager, by sending an email to dannys-kitchen@tlhotelsgroup.com.

We hope this would not deter you from choosing Danny’s Kitchen again in the future. We look forward to your next stay to experience our improvement. Thank you!

Reviewed September 14, 2014

Last night me and my wife visited this restaurant and we had a great night.

The restaurant offers a few set menus, where you can choose starter, main etc from a group of dishes. We went for the smallest of these menus as we were not that hungry, and to be honest, we were not sure we could finish, as this Classic set offers one starter, a seafood main, a meat main and a dessert.

Alongside the expected dishes, you are offered a variety of small tasters in between the real meals, from which I particularly remember some very good bread but I must say they were all fantastic.

The starter signature dish is foie grass, which I normally do not eat, but I am very happy I decided against this at Danny's Kitchen, it was really delicious. My seafood main dish was also a signature dish of lobster was also fantastic, so we were just a little disappointed when the meat main dish turned out to be less than perfect. Not bad, but just not at the same standard as the rest of the meal. Also dessert of Chocolate souffle and the coffee was great.

The setting is really nice in the exclusive hotel Tonino Lamborghini Hotel just by the big lake, with a great view to the lake side neon lights. the wine card is full of good wines at a reasonable price.

The Taiwan General Manager Kevin makes your stay a pleasant surprise, and the Taiwan Chef in the kitchen is really a master.

If you are in the neighbourhood, I highly recommend trying this place. A bit hard to find, not well situated inside TripAdvisor, for some reason, but if you find it, you will not be dissapointed.

Kevin C, Manager at Danny`s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your visit at Dannys Kitchen and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed the stay with us .The kindly comments that you mentioned which is a great honor to us,even though it's not perfect but we will keep working on!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dannys Kitchen in the near future.

Kindest regard

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The location of the restaurant is great and the view on the lake is indeed nice. But in the plate it does not follow. 1st ,this is supposed to be French cuisine. I am French and can tell you that no dish is French. Actually everybody could guess so because a great majority of the main dishes is pasta. My wife and I took the only available piece of beef (700 G reab eye). The first strange thing is that the waitress would not ask how you like it so that we ended up with an over cooked meet (we like it the french way... bloody). But the meat was good. The fries which come with it taste too much like oil. What really annoyed me is what I chose after: the plate of French cheese. That was an absolute joke. There were more fruits than cheese and those cheese felt like plastic. Not to mention that it is served without bread... China is of course not the best place to find cheese but at least the menu should be honest.
As a summary this restaurant is more Italian, at least not French at all and I do not understand the comments saying that the food taste incredible. Just an average restaurant, which is sad because the location is great.
I will never go again.

1  Thank Lao_Julsss
Kevin C, Manager at Danny`s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your visit at Dannys Kitchen and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are very glad to read your comment.
Thank you for your corrections, and we humbly accept, also let we know where are many issues need to improve.

We'll still keep improving and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dannys Kitchen in the near future.

Kindest regards