“Fab pasta!”

Paradox French Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #9 of 799 Restaurants in Suzhou
Cuisines: European, French, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Paradox French Restaurant is a cozy and traditionnal French restaurant managed by French owners. With an elegant, fresh and healthy traditionnal French cuisine, we will help make your evening a delightment. The huge wine cellar will allow you to pair your dinning experience with the best wines from the world
Reviewed August 30, 2013

a big surprise to find gorgeous lasagne and carbonara in this restaurant we chanced upon.
As much as we enjoyed the chinese meals, after 2 1/2 weeks of chinese for lunch and dinner it did make a very welcome change!

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for something a little upmarket - for an enjoyable euro meal this is it! Housed in a trendy contemporary building bistronomy offers a fabulous european menu at reasonable prices

We enjoyed a 3 course meal and a bottle of wine - for 400rmb per person - the servings are generous and presented beautifully. We delighted in smoked salmon for entree - a perfectly cooked beef fillet for mains and the green tea tiramisu for dessert!

The staff are attentive but not intrusive . The restauranteur was on site the night we attended and you can just tell he has a passion for fine food.

I suggest you make a booking to ensure u get a table!

1  Thank russkat22
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This group of French friends took over the former Da Marco and are in the process of renovating the place. The two main floors are a bit dark but very cosy, and the terrace is absolutely unique (albeit very hot right now) in Suzhou.

The food is a mixed bag of French, Italian, and Chinese interpretations. As long as the prices stay low as they are, I recommend the place wholeheartedly for people looking for a hearty French meal in Suzhou.

Good luck guys!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

the food was decent. the wine I chose was not bad. prices not over blown like in Shanghai. overall, customer service was really nice, atmosphere was good. The only reason I rated average is because the food was just average. It was good but not memorable.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sadly, this is the best Italian I've found in Suzhou so far. I felt the quality and the prices were better than others in Suzhou. It still isn't anything amazing for a real Italian restaurant, but I was happy with what I ordered, and I will probably go back to try some other items.