“Sheraton only gave its' name, nothing else..”

Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou
Ranked #15 of 1,467 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had stayed in this hotel since it was recommended by my agent. Arrived to hotel late at midnight and upgrated to a suit since my non-smoking room request was not written down !
OK the room was damn big , nice view but cold and the heating system was blowing only cold air :(
Early in the morning, around 8 am I decided to go to sauna to warm my body again. Went to spa area, by shaking my hands as swimming I tried to describe to lady at the reception that I wanted to swim and use the sauna.. She said OK OK no problem and showed me the way. Changed my clothes, got a towel and got into the sauna.. SURPRISE ! It was cold.. A Chinese style COLD sauna was front of me.. The lady showed her watch and tried to say in an hour it will be warm :)
OK, fine than I went to breakfast room by hoping that not to face with more surprises .. But another surprise was waiting for me since the buffet was too poor. Even the cheese plate was empty and I forced the people to refill it but was unsuccessfull.
The only good thing was the front office manager in this hotel. I did spoke with receptionist and she immediately informed the manager. She took all the notes and confirmed by return e-mail with a free-night gift ..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest: Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience. Secondly, we are very sorry to take you the trouble during your stay, and we will pass this information to the related department and improve these weaknesses as soon as possible. Last, we also looking for you can come back again to check our improvement.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I went to Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP) for a business trip. The hotel itself is decent, it is relatively new, the rooms are spacious and about what you would expect for the price. The breakfast buffet was only average, I have had much better at Sheraton's and other international branded hotels in Suzhou and other similar cities in China.

I did not really care this this hotels location within SIP. There is basically nothing around the hotel except a few restaurants that aren't very good and it is also quite far away from where many of the factories and offices are located. There was quie a bit of construction nearby, so maybe this will be changing in the future. I noticed other international hotel chains in more preferable locations (the InterContinental looked like it had a good location).

Lastly, one piece of advise for people traveling to Suzhou for leisure and not for business, make sure you stay in the actual city, do not stay in SIP. I would only recommend picking a hotel in SIP if are traveling for business and plan to spend most of your time at an office/factory in SIP.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and near our hotel the metro will build up soon, it will convenient for the travelers, and we also looking for you can come back again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our quick and impersonal check-in was less than a welcoming experience on a very cold Boxing Day. We were brought to a twin-bedded room (!?) and the Concierge called on our behalf for a room change; was told that the twin-bed came from hotel booking website we used.

Finally we got a 'nicer' but much colder corner king-bedded room and were settled in happily before I noticed the ash trays, which meant that we were put on the smoking floor, I was totally speechless by then.

The scores:
This is a relatively new property thus the room scores high in comfort and cleanliness. The flat sheet in bed possibly means a veteran hotelier is in-house and this hotel has potential to rank high in future. We were also grateful for the portable heater brought to us late at night when it got too cold.

The misses:
Location wise, the surrounding area is mostly still under construction thus little convenience in F&B and shopping, most drivers were unsure of the hotel's exact location due to the lack of signages. Our room had a faulty tap and a noisy air-con, with a full view of the nearby construction. Breakfast quality scored low too as even the Chinese selection was not appealing. Internet was chargeable at RMB50 per day.

In conclusion, I did not enjoy the stay in this hotel at all. Although it really could have been the mistake of the booking-website that we did not get a king-bed room at check-in, I minded most being put in a smoking room but stay put to avoid the hassle of another room change. We were woken by the construction noise nearby every morning and wondered why we were not given a room with a lake view since the hotel's website claimed most rooms "feature magnificent floor-to-ceiling windows, enabling guests to take in picturesque views of Dushu Lake" (?), all amidst Suzhou's coldest months and hotels with their lowest occupancies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the lake view at check-in
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you gave us these suggestions. we''ll pass the informatinon to the related depterment and we are looking for you come back again.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is located in a shiny new industrial park some way from the city. Takes 30 min by taxi.
The hotel is quite well appointed and very moderrn and the rooms were large and comfortable.
Buffet food was pretty awful. We arrived early (6pm) and little was replenished and by 7pm it was largely gone.
Service was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Get an spg room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you gave us these suggestions. Well strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

this was my third time at this hotel on a business trip and I like the look of this hotel very much. A unique design and the service is very good.

the one thing I would point out to be an area that could be improved is the breakfast selection. I understand we are in China, but the western items are really not up to standard and from a group like Sheraton I just expect better than what they offer.

Still my favorite place in Suzhou, although the choices are not too much here anyway

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you gave us these suggestions. We'll strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Arrived after a 12 hr flight followed by a 2hr car journey to a wonderful surprise. The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly, the room allocated was large and well thought out and equipped. The bathroom was luxurious with a fantastic shower, plenty of towels and extras such as bathrobes, slippers and pleasant toiletries. Easy to use internet option and the TV actually had some reasonable English speaking programmes. Breakfasts were a wide choice of food covering many countries. Ate in the entrance style bar which was fresh, good portions and very reasonably priced food choices. I had pasta which was very enjoyable costing just £7 and a glass of wine was £3.80 which you wouldn't get in a 5star hotel in the UK for that price.
Overall a very enjoyable 7 night stay to which I didn't want to leave. A very memorable first stay in China, many thanks for making it so pleasurable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you recognized for our services. Make your stay comfortable iis always our responsibility and we'll strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and let me go over some pros and cons

Pros - new hotel, it still smells new. rooms are a good size as the hotel did not seem very full service was great. Views are to die for! Great value, the really isn't a Four Points, more like a 4-star hotel. The marketing needs some work. Service was efficient

Cons - not located in the city center but on the other side of the lake, not a huge issue when there is no traffic, staff needs just a little bit more training. A few minor house keeping items such as a little bit of dust in certain areas and the rooms not 100% made up. But all very minor and did not ruin the stay. For a business hotel, the internet is a little bit slow. I had a hard time checking email and connecting consistently to VPN. A speed boost is needed. AC unit kind of noisy. When I was checking out, front desk was a bit short staffed and had to wait 15mins.

If you are a fan of the heavenly bed, you will have some issues here. They use a FIRM FIRM mattress. I tried to upgrade but all the rooms/suites have the same bed. I would really recommend changing this. I'm not one to shy away from a firm mattress but this was rock hard!

If they had the green tea soap and a club lounge, this would be a Westin.

Room Tip: get a room with a view on a higher level
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bo C
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you gave us these good suggestions and tips. We'll strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!