Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou
    • Room Service
    Good 3.5/5
        • Restaurant
        Average 3/5
          All reviewspeace and quietbreakfast varietyindustrial parktaxi ridebusiness hotelupgraded to a suitenice hotelbusiness triprooms are largehotel is locatedenjoyed my staystarwoodsiplakechinagymcons
          FilterAll languages
          Reviewed May 2, 2013

It’s always a great stay at Starwood Hotel during my trip, so I booked 10days stay at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou during my business trip. Hotel offers amazing lake view with great services, as well as Simply pleasure corner with finest snacks, wine and soft drinks when I came back after work, all of this let me feel warm as home. I would love to stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south are quieter
          • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
          Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience. We will continue to strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This new hotel just opened Oct.2013.
          Located lakeside by far still hard to get.
          However the new commercial district is quite promising.
          Hardware is cool and great food.
          Love the pool.
          Short distance from a LU garden and the church.

Room Tip: facing northwest when you have better view of the lake.
          • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
          Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest,Thank you for choosing to stay Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou! It is our pleasure to provide you the comfortable stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This new hotel located on a lake in a new commercial district has glamorous rooms and facilities.
          The setting and surrounding area has new shops, restaurants and lots of eye appeal. The rooms were far more luxurious than I expected. We were in a corner unit on the top floor. Rooms are large and richly decorated in cherry wood floor to ceiling. Unexpected features include a walk in closet with a floor to ceiling window with a view. The closet, has built in shelving on both sides. The spacious bathroom features separate soaking tub and dual head shower.Amenities include Terri cloth robes, slippers, and all the toiletries I have found in Westin Hotels. Lobby bar lounge is large and features many seating groups with couches and chairs. The afternoon happy hour features all you can drink and a fine assortment of appetizers.
          There are two very good restaurants and a very large lobby. The staff is excellent; bilingual and very accomodating. This is a great hotel experience for all purposes. business, tourism, romance.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bright, large and comfortable with great views from the upper floors.
          • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
          Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,Thank you for choosing to stay Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou again! We are very happy to provide you the comfortable stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We are glad that the SPG group opened another hotel in Suzhou after they sold the fantastic Suzhou Sheraton to PanPacific. We stayed at the Four Points Suzhou for almost a week. Unfortunately we were too busy to use any of the facilities. They had a nice looking indoor pool. Breakfast was ok, but you can tell that their main clientele are not Westerners. Their cheese selection was two huge hunks of cheese still in their plastic wrapping and on Saturday morning at 9.30 am they ran out of eggs but didn't offer to get more. Our suite (2005) was great, with non of the complaints that other posters had. Unfortunately it is billed as a smoking room but since we must have been the first occupants we didn't suffer from smoke inhalation as is so often the case in Chinese hotels. We used their underground parking garage, where they seem to have a huge leakage problem. The smell was terrible. I guess they are still working out the kinks. The staff was very friendly and tried hard to please. The location at Dushu lake is beautiful and nearby Egret park (where the church is - which has an American pastor by the way) is a nice place for a walk. There is a Papa John's Pizza slated to open soon opposite the hotel, plus a couple of coffee shops. If you need a taxi you'll have to walk 5 min. to Xinghu St. where it won't take long to find one. From there it takes 15 min. to reach SIP/Singa Plaza etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
          Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I am a SPG Platinum member and I've stayed a dozens of Starwood hotels in Asia.

The 4 Points Suzhou has the potential to be a very good hotel, but it's just not ready for prime time yet.

For example, I was upgraded to a very nice suite, but there are no power outlets next to the desk. I had to plug my laptop in several feet away and stretch the cord across the floor near the doorway. I also had to plug my phone in in the bathroom.

I looked behind the desk, and I would normally expect a power strip or extra plugs, but alas there was only one power outlet for the lamp.

As a Platinum, I am normally given a free breakfast in Asian Starwood hotels, but here they insisted that breakfast was a separate charge over and above my room rate. This is inconsistent with the rest of the SPG's.

The breakfast itself was the typical buffet. Nothing really special, but the restaurant was well laid out and clean.

The surrounding area is currently underdeveloped with lots of construction going on. As I said, come back in a few months and there will be lots of restaurants and shops around the hotel.

Also, another current annoyance is that no taxis go to the hotel, and it takes about 30 minutes to order one to come, if they are even willing.

As I said, it has potential and I am certainly glad that there's finally a Starwood hotel in the Suzhou area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business