“Good hotel”

Ranked #12 of 1,422 Hotels in Suzhou
Suzhou
“Good hotel”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We are glad that the SPG group opened another hotel in Suzhou after they sold the fantastic Suzhou Sheraton to PanPacific. We stayed at the Four Points Suzhou for almost a week. Unfortunately we were too busy to use any of the facilities. They had a nice looking indoor pool. Breakfast was ok, but you can tell that their main clientele are not Westerners. Their cheese selection was two huge hunks of cheese still in their plastic wrapping and on Saturday morning at 9.30 am they ran out of eggs but didn't offer to get more. Our suite (2005) was great, with non of the complaints that other posters had. Unfortunately it is billed as a smoking room but since we must have been the first occupants we didn't suffer from smoke inhalation as is so often the case in Chinese hotels. We used their underground parking garage, where they seem to have a huge leakage problem. The smell was terrible. I guess they are still working out the kinks. The staff was very friendly and tried hard to please. The location at Dushu lake is beautiful and nearby Egret park (where the church is - which has an American pastor by the way) is a nice place for a walk. There is a Papa John's Pizza slated to open soon opposite the hotel, plus a couple of coffee shops. If you need a taxi you'll have to walk 5 min. to Xinghu St. where it won't take long to find one. From there it takes 15 min. to reach SIP/Singa Plaza etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience. We will continue to strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Redwood City
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I am a SPG Platinum member and I've stayed a dozens of Starwood hotels in Asia.

The 4 Points Suzhou has the potential to be a very good hotel, but it's just not ready for prime time yet.

For example, I was upgraded to a very nice suite, but there are no power outlets next to the desk. I had to plug my laptop in several feet away and stretch the cord across the floor near the doorway. I also had to plug my phone in in the bathroom.

I looked behind the desk, and I would normally expect a power strip or extra plugs, but alas there was only one power outlet for the lamp.

As a Platinum, I am normally given a free breakfast in Asian Starwood hotels, but here they insisted that breakfast was a separate charge over and above my room rate. This is inconsistent with the rest of the SPG's.

The breakfast itself was the typical buffet. Nothing really special, but the restaurant was well laid out and clean.

The surrounding area is currently underdeveloped with lots of construction going on. As I said, come back in a few months and there will be lots of restaurants and shops around the hotel.

Also, another current annoyance is that no taxis go to the hotel, and it takes about 30 minutes to order one to come, if they are even willing.

As I said, it has potential and I am certainly glad that there's finally a Starwood hotel in the Suzhou area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel had just opened three days before I arrived there and dare I say, there were signs that all the staff were new and just learning the ropes! It's a beautiful hotel in a wonderfully peaceful setting but being so new, there were hardly any guests there and very quiet. My suite was spacious and well-appointed with the bath right next to the window so you can soak while taking inb the view!.

Just one little negative though, the water pipe above the bathroom wasn't clamped down and so reverberated constantly destroying the tranquility!

The concierge was very knowledgeable and helpful and friendly at all times!

The areaq around the hotel is very tranquil and there's a church nearby where there were, I kid you not, over eight couples having their wedding photos taken! This is testament to the very picturesque background there!

A great hotel and location if you want to escape from the madding crowd but not if you like the nightlife and nearby shopping!

Room Tip: I think my room was 1412 but i tend to forget these as soon as I leave but get a room that faces the...