Pan Pacific Suzhou
PACE hotel(Suzhou)
  • Breakfast included
Li Jin Hotel(Suzhou)
1,125 results
All reviewsfree accessitalian restaurantrabbit warrenhotel guestsgarden wingoutdoor pooltraditional architecturebeautiful gardena bit confusingbeautiful hotelthird floorclub roomancient cityscenic areaold stylesheraton hotelroom key
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pan Pacific is located in a perfect situation adjoining the pagoda in Suzhou. The hotel design is superb, reminiscent of an ancient Chinese temple. Service is very good which is not always the case in this location and the buffet restaurant is acceptable. Breakfast was extremely busy and had been dessimated by a number of local groups, not really the staff's fault but many dishes were not available. Overall a good experience and to be recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ye Y, Manager at Pan Pacific Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Michael B,
Thank you very much for your positive review. It is our great pleasure to know that overall you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is also very helpful and important to us. We will try our best to improve our service in every respect. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night during our trip in China
The hotel is very close to the PanMen city gate, but not so from other city attractions.
We were given a suite on the first floor, overlooking the garden. The room was very good, lots of space, and a bathroom with independent bath and shower. There were two issues with the room, though. One, we had no wifi access from our room, the signal was completely lost. I went to the second floor corridor to have internet access. Two, the plugs were not the same as in other places in China, they used the HongKong format, so we had some trouble charging our batteries.
Also, another issue is the hotel's distribution. It's a bit of a labyrinth. Breakfast was served on the first floor, but to reach it we had to go up to the second floor and down again. And the corridor to our room was not in accordance with the hotel category. It was narrow, gloomy, with bare white walls and an old carpet.
Breakfast was good, with both western and chinese choices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our party of 8 stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel in Suzhou for 4 nights. We had king rooms that overlooked the gardens - a lovely view of trees and the pagoda. The rooms were not large but clean and well maintained. The bathroom was great with everything you could need. We had two small kids with us (4 and 6) and they enjoyed the pool and easy access to the gardens. The indoor pool was heated I think but was still a bit chilly to stay in for long. The outdoor pool was lovely to look at but too cold to swim in really. The breakfast was excellent although the staff only seemed to be attentive with cleaning away plates and offering coffee and tea when the manager was around. Otherwise they all just stood around chatting which was a bit annoying. Still we enjoyed some long and relaxing breakfasts. The one time I ordered room service dinner for the kids so we could get them asleep early it took three phone calls and over 90 mins to arrive. I was furious and told both the girl on the phone and the person who arrived with the food. I also wrote on the docket. I didn't get an explanation of what happened and when we checked out I mentioned this and wasn't charged for the meals in accordance with their policy (30 mins or free!). So all you expect for a 5 star hotel but the service still leaves a little to be desired. Hotel Location convenient for walking to the sights (the lobby the 3rd floor was confusing however)! Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ye Y, Manager at Pan Pacific Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Beidoj
Thank you very much for your review. It is our pleasure to know that overall you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is very helpful. We will try our best to improve our service standard. We believe our staff will deliver you quality services next time you come. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the Pan Pacific Suzhou Hotel for 8 nights, mostly to attend a conference at the hotel. I enjoyed every minute. The hotel has several buildings that surround an interior garden with a Chinese canal theme characteristic of Suzhou. The conference rate for the standard king rooms was $80 per night; I splurged an extra $20 a night to stay in the Pacific Club, at one end of the complex. The extras include an open bar every evening, free laundry service, a separate check-in desk, and breakfast at the more intimate Avanti restaurant. I returned home with freshly laundered clothes.

The room was beautifully fitted out in marble, warm wood, and strategically placed mirrors. It had a good working desk, a 40-inch LCD TV with western news channels, a king sized bed, goose down pillows, an excellent air conditioner, and a sitting chair. Electrical outlets took North American two-pronged plugs and European plugs, and some also fit the Australian plugs. At night, there were low-level lights so that you could safely find your way to the toilet. I could hear traffic noise from the street; if it bothered me, I would have asked for a rooming facing towards the Pan Men park in the back, but it wasn’t an issue.

The bathroom alone was larger than most London hotel rooms. It had both a bath and a great shower. The shower was large enough that you could bring 6 of your closest friends. It had one of the few large ceiling-mounted shower heads that actually works well, in addition to the usual hand-held shower head. It had glass on all 4 sides, and on the sides towards the wall there was a gap to the stone wall that seemed to be vertically connected to a skylight. The entire wall by the bathtub was a picture window into the main room, with electric blinds. So you can stand in the shower, look into your hotel room and outside to the pagoda at the top of the next building – unless you close the blinds. Neither of these glass features was of much practical use, but they add to the impression of luxury.

Access to the Pacific Club elevator required your room key card. The room door locked from the inside with an extra bolt plus a chain. There was a digital safe that was large enough for a 15-inch laptop, and had a power receptacle so you could charge things inside the safe. The room had both wired Ethernet and WiFi. The WiFi worked all over the hotel, and did not require passwords, only clicking a couple of OK buttons on the browser. The WiFi worked well both on my PC and my BlackBerry.

The hotel staff was very friendly and recognized me after the first day. They called taxis and gave the driver verbal directions. The maid service included the morning cleanup and the evening turn-down. On the first evening I was phoned by the manager to see how everything was; I didn’t see any bottled water so I asked for some. It turned out that there was bottled water, but I wasn’t looking in the right place. Nevertheless they kept bringing me tons of water all week. In the evening I visited the Pacific Club lounge a few times. It was very intimate and there were only a few other people there. You had your choice of beer, alcohol and wine. They give very generous portions of Scotch while you watched BBC News or read an English language newspaper. After my conference, there were surprising few people in the entire complex. I only shared the elevator one time during my entire week.

I found the stay incredibly relaxing. The interior of the hotel complex has a Chinese water garden design, with shallow canals running throughout. The canals are full of koi. I enjoyed breakfast sitting outside the Avanti restaurant, in the sun and beside the water. I was also able to work sitting by the outdoor pool. And there is a gate at the rear that connects to the public Pan Men park, that tries to recreate the look of the old Suzhou gardens, complete with pagoda. It also contains the original city gates, both land and water.

I took two day-trips into Shanghai. I would not recommend this if you really want to see Shanghai, because you have to return each night. However I preferred to stay in the Pan Pacific Suzhou and take the bullet train (300 km/hr). Including taxis and metro, it takes about 90 minutes each way, plus waiting. Two 6-hours days in Shanghai enabled me to see all the top attractions without having to change hotels.

And when it was time to leave, the bill was detailed and correct. No surprises. They provided me with a bus ticket to Putong airport, put me in a taxi with directions to the driver, and off I went.

Room Tip: The Pacific Club rooms are very nice, with useful extras.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David V
Ye Y, Manager at Pan Pacific Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear David from Ottawa,
Thank you very much for your detailed review. It is our great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel environment and the service. We wish you will come back to Suzhou soon and explore more about this beautiful city. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here for work and although it's a nice place it definitely needs repair. Water leaked from hallway light fixtures (executive suite side), and paneling in the hallway was warped possibly due to the humidity or leaking roof.
The staff was quite helpful and nice.
The Italian restaurant was superb and would return often.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Ye Y, Manager at Pan Pacific Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Chef D,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the service from our staff. Also your feedback is very helpful. We will immediately inform our engineering department of the leaking problem. If there is any other problem, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try to solve it as soon as possible. We wish our hotel will be your first choice next time you visit.