“Service a little lacking”

Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou
Ranked #7 of 1,445 Hotels in Suzhou
BRIGHTON ENGLAND
“Service a little lacking”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the moment we stepped out of the car and were escorted to our room expectations were very high. The setting, gardens and lobby were very tasteful and a calm relief from the traffic outside. The room, while a bit on the small side was comfortable and generally well equipped. Certain things like the sockets under the seating console was in rather an odd place as it meant the cord from the lamp on the table was draped dangerously across the gap, so you needed to step over it to get to the coffee maker. The table did not make an ideal work station but at least it was somewhere to put the laptop.
The things that let me down were, I expected a turn down service and a refresh of the towels in the room each evening, did not happen the first night but let it go. Second night as we were going into dinner I asked at reception if someone could look at the AC as we found the room very hot, literature in the room lead me to believe I could set the room independently to my desired temperature. On our return nothing had been done and again no turn down service. I called reception for someone to come and look at it, someone from maintenance appeared who spoke no English, eventually a young lady from the front desk appeared to explain the AC is set for the whole hotel and will only go down to 22C we found this unpleasantly warm and asked for the duvets to be removed which seemed to cause a lot of confusion, blankets were brought as replacement although not requested, I also pointed out we had not had a turn down again. Fresh towels were bought at this point. I found the general lack of English quite frustrating, many would say I should converse in the language of the hotel, but I cannot. On the other hand I do not hold myself out to be an international brand.
There were several more instances of the breakdown in language barrier, most of the waiting staff in Danny's Kitchen had little or no English. The last straw was when we approached the desk for dinner we were immediately asked if we wanted the set menu to which we replied yes, we were escorted up in a lift to floor above and then presented with the A la Carte menu. We tried in vane to get the set menu which was on an easel outside Danny's Kitchen on the floor below but the waiting staff just looked at us at blankly. Eventually a manager approached who seemed to understand what we wanted, disappeared then declared that it was only available at lunch time. As we were not exactly sure at this point whether that was the case or not we proceeded to order from the A la Carte. Delicious entrée of Tuna Wasabi rolls, nice wine, so far so good. Main course of Thai beef curry .... terrible, horrible fatty chewy meat. When we complained the manageress from downstairs appeared, she apologised and brought us two desserts in compensation. When we had signed and left we went back downstairs to check the information on the board which stated the set menu was available until 21.00hrs, we were seated in plenty of time so should have been able to order from that menu.
As our meals were not exactly pleasant I felt the need to air my grievances once again with reception, again due to lack of English could not get my point across. I was trying to say that the staff should be more aware of the products and be able to communicate with guests.
On check out the following morning we were approached by one of the managers who proffered a small gift in compensation, all a little bit too late.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tonino L, Marcom at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Sharon,
Thank you for your recent stay at Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou and leaving us such a valuable and comprehensive review.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience our service have caused you. Thank you very much for bringing all the issues to our attention. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously because it enables us to improve the quality of the hotel to better meet the needs of our guests. Please rest assured that proper actions have been taken to rectify issues that were brought up. Ms. Doris Lei, our Director of Rooms would like to respond to you personally and will sent an email to the email address you left with us.
Thanks once again for your feedback. We will do our best to redeem your faith in us and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again with better service and products. Wish you a nice day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beijing
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

A fancy east China boutique hotel, a gorgeous location by Jinji Lake, spacious rooms and not too many guests. That should be expected when you're called Lamborghini!
Downside during my 4 day stay:
- hotel staff send me to the neighboring Crowne Plaza for dinner (I was told the restaurant has fancy French food only; not what I wanted after a day of work and looking for some simple light food to call it a day)
- swimming pool closed on Monday's and Tuesday's and most other mornings! Hotel staff sent me to Crowne Plaza as well. Getting the voucher for that pool next door was some kind of odyssey.
- when enjoying the nice lake side terrace, I ordered a beer. On two occasions in an empty terrace restaurant, it took those 5 waitresses in charge 15 minutes to get my Qingdao bottle beer!
- working in the hotel room is not convenient. They have nice round tables and a sofa with sockets in the corner behind other furniture. Suitable for tea time, not for work!
- many hotel staff don't speak English; not that I cared but I would expect that in a 5 star boutique hotel.
Maybe not so boutique after all?

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Walter_Beijing
Tonino L, Marcom at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Walter,

Thank you very much for taking time to share a comprehensive review with us about Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou. We are glad that you are satisfied with the quiet environment, gorgeous location and spacious rooms of our hotel. Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou is a high-end private boutique hotel located along Jinji Lake. Equipped with modern facilities, all our guest rooms are spacious and have clear partition function. There is also a private library in the room for your leisure reading time. Danny’s Kitchen is the first and genuine French restaurant in Suzhou and has very elegant environment and beautiful lake views. The swimming pool is closed sometimes for routine maintenance. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We also thank you for bringing the service and facility issue to our attention. We have communicated with relevant departments and will make improvement accordingly.Thank you again for your detailed feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the coming future. Thank you and wish you a nice day!
Zhenjiang, China
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The hotel is Su garden the traditional white wall and black tiles, lobby design contains the traditional Chinese elements and Western comfortable fusion. Hotel rooms are more spacious, partition function is clear: Rest Area, reading area, washing area. Wash supplies a full range of the Hermes also with a Colgate small mouthwash slobber (very close). The room mini bar drink good. The room is also equipped with a capsule Coffee machine, and is equipped with three Coffee capsule. Garden view room facing the introverted elegant hotel garden. In the room to rest, read a book, in a daze, and the bird is really in chunxiao. Probably because of the landscaping, hotel interior design some twists and turns, go a bit dizzy. The restaurant early to the landscape of Jinji Lake is very good, but the breakfast quality compared prices too shabby. Hotel rooms are not many, the guest is limited, so it is quiet.
Service is good. Front desk and concierge service personnel are also kind, but not outstanding.
The lot is facing Jinji Lake, weekend weather and fireworks, water screen movies, music fountain. Traffic crowded bursting at the seams, the hotel can walk to go back to see. here is very suitable for holiday travel, very comfortable hotel, worthy of recommendation!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tonino L, Marcom at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear dong w,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share a comprehensive review with us at Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou.

We are very glad to know that the Chinese garden style and staff service have impressed you during your stay. Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou is a high-end private boutique hotel located along Jinji Lake. Amazing garden view and lake view make this hotel distinctive and elegant. Equipped with modern facilities, all our guest rooms are spacious and have clear partition function. There are mini bar and library in the room that provides capsule coffee and books for reading. We focus on every detail in the hotel to make your stay more comfortable and happy. Danny’s Kitchen is the first and genuine French restaurant in Suzhou and has very elegant environment and beautiful lake views, we are glad that you like it. As to the breakfast quality, we wish we could hear from you about more details through dm@tlhotelsgroup.com so that we could improve accordingly. Thank you again for your detailed feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you and wish you a nice day!
Shanghai, China
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel locates next to Crowne Plaza Suzhou, same owner but different style. It is a typical city resort, near the city center but kinda hidden - this is what I like.

The lobby is very much Chinese style, big and spacious. I love being served a cup of tea upon C/I. The service is good.

The room is big and spacious as well, but the light is kinda dark, even though I turned on all lights but still dark.

The garden view is amazing, just like a picture on the war. It is fabulous!

The bathroom is big too! Long shape, also with a garden view. But I don't like the amenities, as Lanborghini hotel, they should equip the amenities in a higher standard.

The garden is good, but quite small.

The lake is not private, you should go out and take a walk there. But in my opinion, the view can't compare with West Lake Hangzhou, far behind.

The breakfast, I have to say, really not OK served. It should be called continental breakfast rather than buffet, really lack of choices ,BUT, the ordered menu is really good, tastes really good.

The GYM, terrible. It is in the basement, very small. The swimming pool is the smallest one I've ever seen. And the running machine was out of service too.

The cleanliness, not good. i saw spider on my bed. Can't believe it.

The pillow menu is interesting. I picked lavender, LOL.

Generally speaking, It's worth a stay, but still expensive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tonino L, Marcom at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Dadaniu,

We are very glad to know that our Chinese garden style and staff service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou is a high-end private boutique hotel located along Jinji Lake. Amazing garden view and lake view make this hotel distinctive and elegant. Lobby and all guest rooms are spacious and designed with modern facilities. Equipped with dim lights, the rooms seem much more private and deluxe. The bathroom in the room is big and has a beautiful garden view which helps release your fatigue. Semi-buffet breakfast of Danny’s Kitchen has a good taste and we are so pleased that you like it. We focus on every detail in the hotel to make your stay more comfortable and happy. Pillows with different aroma can help ease your tension. As for the amenities, breakfast, gym and room issue you mentioned, we would inform relavent departments and improve accordingly. Your comments will inspire us to step forward. Thank you again for your detailed feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you and wish you a nice day!
Suzhou, China
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The most expressive thing of the hotel is the decoration style.It is combined Chinese traditional culture with Western fashion element,Chinese red and lamborghini black getting together,make the hotel as a unique one.What's more,the service of Tonino Lanborghini Boutique Hotel is so considerate.In a word,I have a very beautiful memory in Tonino Lamborghini Hotel.

Room Tip: executive lake room can enjoy the whole Jinji lake view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tonino L, Marcom at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear yan x,

Thank you very much for your stay at Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou and leave us such a valuable review!

We are very delighted that you are impressed by the Chinese traditional architecture and modern decoration of our hotel! Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou is a high-end private boutique hotel located along Jinji Lake. Suzhou style architecture and luxury decoration style make this hotel distinctive. All our guest rooms are spacious and designed with modern facilities and ultra deluxe amenities. Working staff of our hotel care for all guest and serve guest by their hearts. We have been devoting to offering our guests a haven for relaxation and refreshing!

Thank you again for your review and compliment. We look forward to your continuous support and the honor of serving you again in the near future!
Shenyang, China
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel could make my day wonderful.Not only give me tranquil vacation but also provide a relax tea time. I love the traditional Chinese architecture style. The garden view in my room impress me indeed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tonino L, Marcom at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear shuai t,

Thank you very much for your stay at Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou and leaving us such a valuable review!

We are very delighted that you are impressed by the traditional Chinese architecture style and garden view of our hotel. Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou is a high-end private boutique hotel located along Jinji Lake. Amazing garden view and lake view make this hotel distinctive and elegant. Having afternoon tea or just strolling along the lake side is really a big enjoyment. All our guest rooms are spacious and designed with modern facilities and ultra deluxe amenities. We are devoted to offering our guests a haven for relaxation and refreshing.

Thank you again for your review and kind words of praise. We look forward to your continuous support and the honor of serving you again in the near future!
Huai'an, China
Reviewed March 29, 2014

very nice hotel, front desk staff service is very good and room is very clean, the food is very delicious, hotel equipment is very good hotel is very good,is worth to recommend.next time to suzhou i'will choose your hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tonino L, Marcom at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear huang h,

Thank you very much for your stay at Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou and leaving us a very valuable review.

We are very delighted that you are impressed by our staff service, clean room and delicious food! Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Suzhou is a high-end private boutique hotel located along Jinji Lake. Amazing garden view and lake view make this hotel distinctive and especially quiet and elegant. All guest rooms are spacious and designed with modern facilities and ultra deluxe amenities. We have been devoting to offering our guests a haven for relaxation and refreshing.

Thank you again for your review. We are looking forward to serving you in the coming future and wish you a very nice day!