“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #8 of 1,434 Hotels in Suzhou
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Tonino Lamborghini Hotel. The rooms, views, grounds & service all lived up to expectations and all our requests were met promptly. Breakfast at the French restaurant is a little limited,but we did appreciate the quality of foods served versus quantity. Rooms were beautifully appointed and spacious and we had a beautiful view of the gardens from the second floor. Turn down service came with chocolates or local biscuits. We loved the excellent coffees & teas offered in the rooms, plus the bed was the most comfortable one we slept on throughout our trip in China. Concierge/Reception helped to book our train tickets from Suzhou to Shanghai and our check-in & check-out was handled very smoothly. Only slight problem we encountered was getting a taxi from anywhere in town back to the hotel. Even though we gave the taxi drivers the hotel's namecard, they seemed completely unaware where the hotel was located. Considering we had a mandarin speaker in our group of four who valiantly tried to explain the hotel's location, other visitors might have more problems with this. The hotel is actually very new as it just opened in June 2012 so that might explain the problem. It would have been helpful if the reception staff had written down some landmark or main road names to help out with the hotel's location. Other than that, we loved our stay at the hotel & would definitely go back as well as recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rayean88
Tonino L, Public Relations Manager at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Distinguished Guest,
Thank you for preferring to stay at the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel on your recent visit to Suzhou. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation of our hotel facilities and service offered by certain members of our team. We strive to provide you with the best of our service and remain your first choice of accommodation in Suzhou.
We also greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the hotel’s location matters to our attention, and thank you for your effective advice.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the beautiful city of Suzhou and the Tonino Lamborghini Hotel in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay. The place is not only luxury but of taste. They have a very nice, friendly and professional F&B manager. We feel very much taken cared of and respected at this place. The lake view made me feel so relaxed. The spa, gym and the French resturant leave me a very good impression as well. It is a good place for weekend get away. And they have a lot of choices for business meetings. I think next time I'm in Suzhou, I will definitely still chose this hotel.

2 Thank francesdegao
Tonino L, General Manager at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for preferring to stay at the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel on your recent visit to Suzhou. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation of our hotel facilities and service offered by certain members of our team. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the beautiful city of Suzhou and the Tonino Lamborghini Hotel.
gold coast
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stay at this luxurious brand new hotel quick before it raises its rates.
I have travelled five star globally and believe this tranquil and thoughtfully appointed hotel is up there with the best.
The rooms/suites are magnificent with small touches like fine chocolates, pod coffee, pillow menus and comfy couches with lake views or gorgeous garden views.
If you like modern zen inspired decor that incorporates rich fabrics, silk, velvet and wooden paneling then this place is for you.
The library is a great place to chill out and is well stocked with magazines that give you an insight into chinese culture and society.
Drink a glass or bottle of quality red there and take in the bonsai gardens around.
Breakfast was a stand out.
There was a huge selection of Chinese delicacies as well as western favourites.
The manager introduced himself at breakfast and seemed very keen to know, being a new hotel, how anything could be improved.
Other facilities like the swimming pool and gym were world class.
The location is peaceful on jinji lake and makes for a nice break after shanghai madness, while still being a short taxi ride from the centre of town.
Staff were so amenable and went out of their way to help us with our sightseeing.
We would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank k b
Tonino L, General Manager at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for preferring to stay at the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel on your recent visit to the world heritage listed city of Suzhou. I would also like to thank you for your wonderful appraisal of our property, facilities and service. As a small boutique hotel this is what we try to focus on, small touches which make make your stay more relaxing, enjoyable and personal. It was also nice to meet with you while you were here and I look forward to the day you will return to welcome you back.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I are having a wonderful time in this hotel. Great location on the lake. Handy to tong li water village, and tiger hill/wedding dress shopping area where we purchased attire for our upcoming wedding back home. Wine selection lovely. English speaking manager and staff are especially attentive and friendly which is appreciated as china can be difficult to navigate at times without language skills.

• Stayed March 2013
Tonino L, General Manager at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank You for preferring to stay at the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel on your very recent visit to Suzhou. Your review is most encouraging and I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I hope that the opportunity will allow you to stay with us during your Honeymoon.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed there this weekend, March 9 2013 for one night. It ticked all the boxes that a 5-star hotel should do. Courteous staff; beautiful and spacious rooms; great food; and modern facilities. It was also quirky...Tea, a biscuit, and a warm hand-towel were given at the check-out etc...Very boutiquey!

More than this...I love the layout and the architecture. Very unique and representative of China's architectural traditions. Think columns, character engravings, calligraphy, big landscape paintings...A great mix between the old and spanking new modern hotel facilities.

I know there is lots to do in Suzhou but we stayed inside the complex throughout the weekend.
It made for a perfect weekend retreat. A big thank you!

Room Tip: Get a lake view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nuno L
Tonino L, General Manager at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It is extremely rewarding for all the staff of the hotel to see their efforts are indeed recognised by our guests. As a Boutique Hotel we strive to ensure that attention is given to the personal touches. I sincerely hope to welcome you back to the "World Heritage" listed city of Suzhou and the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel so that you will have the time to explore the city a little more. Warm Regards.
Hangzhou
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Lamborghini boutique hotel was what I imagined and more! We stayed over the Chinese New Year holidays and found that it was a nice peaceful retreat in Suzhou. From the moment you step into the lobby, you are greeted with a nice aromatherapy smell to calm your senses. While checking in, you are served a cup of aromatic chinese tea along with a hot towel and small tidbits. Our lakeview room was simply gorgeous and the size of the room was one of the biggest I have seen so far in China. The bed was so comfortable and they have a TV screen on the bathtub wall as well. My husband checked out the individual coffee machine and I had some freshly brewed chrysanthemum tea. After checking in to our room, we went to the library (coffee lounge) and had a great afternoon just relaxing with friends. The hotel has a turn down service where chocolates and slippers were delicately placed by the side of your bed. The staff were always courteous and smiling and never intrusive. The biggest drawback was the breakfast buffet each morning. Being a boutique hotel, I understand that they could not have a vast selection for the breakfast buffet. However, I think there is room to improve on the quality of their western food.

Details:

The croissants and pastries were of Chinese style, same goes to yogurt which you drink with a straw. We were hoping that there were at least some pancakes or waffles on offer. My suggestion to management would be to have some simple ala carte choices but make them excellent. We didn't try the restaurants for other meals since there are so many other choices in Suzhou just a few minutes walk across the park at the lakeside. Heard there is a good Chinese restaurant in the hotel though! I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends but they need to do something about breakfast!

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are amazing!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MMOHangzhou
Tonino L, General Manager at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for preferring to stay at the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel on your recent visit to Suzhou. We greatly appreciate your comments and I will share them with our people. Please let me apologise for the oversight with breakfast. Items like pancakes and waffles should be a minimum breakfast requirement from a hotel like us and I will ensure that this is provided for along with quality bakery products. From the Tonino Lamborghini Suzhou Hotel team and myself, we hope to welcome you back to the cultural city of Suzhou soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed there last month, in the Suzhou province, and it was horrible.

Design-wise, everything seemed out of place.

It's built like a maze, and people easily get lost in the hotel, with no signs at intersections to tell you which room is where.

They don't separate room numbers by floor, so room 210 and room 340 are on the same floor, but different ends of the hotel. How's one to know if there's no signs posted?

They offer you wifi, but the signal is too weak to use.

They have an ethernet jack and electrical outlets for you to plug you computer into the wall, but you have to climb completely under the table, on you hands and knees, in order to reach them, and no lighting under there either, so you have to guess where the plugs are on the wall, and hope you don't electricute yourself.

The HVAC doesn't work, so it's freezing in the winter.

The only thing good I can say about this hotel is that it's got a pretty nice view, but that's not enough to get me back into that hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tonino L, General Manager at Tonino Lamborghini Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for preferring to stay at the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel on your recent visit to Suzhou. Please accept my apologies that we did not meet with your expectations. We are a new hotel and I am aware of the issues which you have mentioned. The hotel is made up of a central building and 3 accomodation buildings. Allthough directional signage was implemented, I agree with you; it is not enough and we are now in the process of adding additional "customer friendly" signage. We have installed complimentary wifi throughout the entire hotel which we monitor closely, so I would like to know where the issues with wifi were. I would very much appreciate if you could contact me at info@toninolamborghini hotel.com . Our location on the lake is very nice, but as you have mentioned we must provide the expected environment as well, and this is what is very important to us, so I hope that you will give us the benefit of revisiting in the future. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you.