“Expensive but very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alto Vino

Alto Vino
Ranked #21 of 733 Restaurants in Suzhou
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Pacifica
“Expensive but very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been here at least four times since late February and the food has been fantastic every time. Great complimentary pizza appetizer, the chef Stefano often comes out, the Osso Bucco was great. Prociutto and melon is wonderful, as is the lasagna. After tonight's experience at Danny's Kitchen (where I had a live worm on my lasagna and they didn't comp the meal! If I had been a man, they would have comped the meal; I know this because when my husband and a group from Genentech went to Kincaid's in the SF peninsula and they saw a rat run through the restaurant about four years ago, Kincaid's comped the entire $400 dinner), I am really appreciating how great Alto Vino is. It's a real restaurant. They care. I will be going back here before I go to Danny's, that's for sure.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dingos8baby

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Fantastic Stefano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time in Alto Vino. The food was good. It was probably the best Italian food I've ever had in Suzhou.

Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Chef Stefano makes the difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I just came home after a 3 week visit to Suzhou where I stayed at the Marriott and had the opportunity to dine many time at Alto Vino which is the in hotel restaurant. Every time I went there was great. The food is good, the service is excellent and as a bonus, you are entertained by the Chef Stefano. I recommend all dishes (I tried most of them) but must put forward the Osso Buco and the Baby lobster as well as the Anti pasta starter and the Pana Cota dessert.

The wine selection is rich and good, and if you are in liuck you are offered the home made LemonChello

• Visited April 2013
Suzhou
“You Have to go to Alto Vino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the moment I walked into Alto Vino I knew my friends and I were in for a special night. We were greeted by Chef Stefano and the food and fun never stopped. Every course was sensational and well complimented by an excellent selection of wines. The service was always friendly and the staff went out of their way to make us welcome. We have visited many times during our stay in Suzhou and each night has been special. I highly recommend Alto Vino if you are travelling to Suzhou.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank StuartB_245
Stoneham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff was friendly, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was perfect. I was there on business and will miss this place the most now that I am home.

Not eating here while in Suzhou would be a big mistake.

Visited January 2013