“Rooms nice, let down by the service”

Fraser Suites Suzhou
Ranked #568 of 1,418 Hotels in Suzhou
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Rooms nice, let down by the service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Room was not ready when we arrived, two hours after checking in. The receptionist was not friendly. We had get the room cleaned again. Went Oct 13 and big building works next door was very loud and went on all night. The room was very nice though and room service is very reasonably priced. The location is near subway but not easy to get a taxi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The rooms are nice, the service is bad. The management ot Fraser does what they want and not what the customer wants or needs. No customer service!
Prices are rising and the service goes down. I am on business in Suzhou and the Fraser has for me the advantage of the central location. If I'm only a few weeks in Suzho I stay in other hotels. The breakfast offered is becoming simply and monotonous.
Currently construction going on next to the hotel. You will still be able to enjoy the noise for the next months by day and night!
If you stay in Fraser, check the room side far from the noise!

Room Tip: North and a high floor above the 32 floor with less noice! There are various room sizes are also av...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travel to Suzhou several time a year. After the Fraser Suites is open, it becomes my first choice. The room is clean and tidy, the bed large and cozy. There is also a kitchen and washing machine which makes it feel like home. Also the breakfast on 2F is really nice!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jacky L
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked a room with Fraser Suzhou for a business trip and my experience there was satisfactory. The room was tidy and cozy with a stunning city view. The staff members there were very professional and attentive, striving to provide top-rated service. Location wise, it was very convenient for me to meet business counterparts. I will definitely choose Fraser again if visiting Suzhou again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ORANGE, MA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I last did a review of the Fraser Suites hotel after my 1st & 2nd stay there & stated in that review I would be returning again in May for a 5 week stay. The trip in April/May 2013 was for just over 5 weeks and I am happy to say nothing at the Fraser Hotel had changed as far as the rooms & service is concerned.
We arrived in early April for a 5 week business trip & as usual the check-in went smooth, the rooms were in very good shape & the staff was as helpful as always. The only difference I noticed was the 6th floor breakfast that I usually used was more crowded most mornings no matter what time I went there so I switched to the 1st floor dining room. This is the larger of the 2 breakfast areas so the extra space worked better this time, for me.
As I mentioned before, the highlight of the hotel for me is the large sized kitchen area. 3 weeks into our trip we were joined by 2 more co-workers, so now there were 5 of us staying at the hotel, and we decided to again make use of the kitchen & cook our own dinner. This may not seem like a big deal to some but aftyer traveling to Suzhou for 15 years & this hotel being the only 1 I have stayed at with these accomodations, trust me, it does help break up the monotone of eating out every night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is the finest stay that you will have while visiting China. It comes with a kitchenette as well as a washer/dryer unit that took me waaaaay too long to figure out. Comfortable beds and an impressive view were appreciated. Don't forget to have a couple of drinks at the lounge on the 55th floor. Excellent staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I had a chance to stay in Fraser Suite Suzhou when we went to ShangHai three weeks ago. We had a wonderful detour to SuZhou and stayed there for two days. The experience of staying in Fraser Suite SuZhou was fantastic. The location of the building was very good. You can reach to MRT by walking in 10 mins. And there are many different restaurants/malls near by. Very convenient. In addition, the building so far is the tallest building in SuZhou, the view from our room was superb, no matter in day or night! We had one bedroom with a study room. The room is very clean and cozy with all the kitchen appliance plus laundry washing machine and dryer. The bathroom is the largest I ever had that has both bath tub and shower room. They have two different restaurants in the hotel and both serve both Chinese and western breakfast. We tried both, and the waiters and waitress were very courteous. They made food upon our request. We stayed one more night beyond our plan. We asked additional laundry detergent to wash our clothes. They responded it very quickly. We had a wonderful time in SuZhou and the experience of staying at Fraser Suite SuZhou definitely completes it. I would love to stay there again when I return next time and I strongly recommend it to everybody.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family