“Great Place to Stay in Suzhou, China”

Fraser Suites Suzhou
Ranked #562 of 1,479 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was on an expat assignment for my company and stayed on the 46th floor for 9 months in 2012. During my time there I did not have a bad experience with Fraser suites. They cleaned the room to my expectation and beyond. The staff was also very friendly when dinning at breakfast before work.
The view of Suzhou was incredible from my living room. When burn my dinner they called me because I set off the smoke alarm more than once trying to cook. I was very safe while being there. This is a first class hotel which I would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My parents and I spent a wonderful vacation furing Spring Festival in this magnificent and lovely place. It has great external and internal decoration with handy layout and function division inside the room. The BOSE stereo box is absolutely awesome! It‘s cool. And I plan to buy one in my new house. The breakfast provided is the most delicious I had ever had and u will regret not trying. Every emplpyee I met during my stay always offered a warm smile with friendly greeting any hour of the day. I knew I love it!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better night view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Me and my wife lived in the 44th floor of this† fancy, chic and lovely place we called home during 6 months. Every single employee always offered us a smile with every friendly greeting anytime of the day. The customer service overpassed our expectations and their ears were kindly open to listen carefully to all of our special needs, worries and suggestions. Food service was very healthy clean and tasty. Leisure Amenities as well as Business Complements were tidy clean, useful, fun and satisfactory.

We had no car, so we can not tell anything about the parking place or basement areas. But I do not doubt they work in perfect conditions.

The location is very convenient. The area is safe, clean and full of places to shop for leisure of everyday needs. Any taxi driver knows where it is; no need for specific directions.

We thank every single person in their staff for the making us feel being at home with friends and family, even though we were in the other side of the planet.

It might seem expensive, but at the end, you feel it was worthy.

Room Tip: No smoking rooms will always smell better. There are huge apartments and also too small apartments...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Oscar O
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel for nine months between June and February 2013 and the treatment received was absolutely outstanding. The Fraser Suite is the typical Hotel were guest stay for a long time making difficult for the management to entertain and satisfy growing needs as time goes by. The change of the Genera Management in Summer 2012 turned this average Hotel into one of the best Hotel to stay in Suzhou, welcoming manners, cheerful staff, attention to customer, are ever growing asset and you can be sure, all the management is always around especially at breakfast time to collect guest impressions and solve immediately any problem may arise. Well done job Mr. Lim, you and your staff made me feel I was leaving my own house when I left your Hotel for a new destination.

Room Tip: I suggest the top floors as they are giving best view on City or Lake, even if the lowest floors are...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Giulio D
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This METRO is just across the road.
Within the same building complex house a shopping mall, where u can find a good quality HongKong style restaurant ( reasonable price )
This place is run professionally with helpful English speaking counter staff.
Check-out is a breeze.
The breakfast buffet is of good international standard in a clean business like setting.
The bed is very good n firm.
I only stay in this location nowadays

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the public park for a wonderfully relaxing view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Spiderman4711
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed 3 weeks in a serviced apartment (2 of us + our 6 months old daughter).

-Good things: position in the middle of SIP, well served by taxi and very close to subway station.
Close to a small shopping center (actually all together with subway station).
Modern rooms with nice view (we stayed at 33 floor in 3-rooms apartment).
All services available (sat-TV, mini Hi-Fi, telephone, internet connection, laundry services, cleaning services).
Full breakfast, to choose from Asian style to continental style.

-Bad things: cleaning staff not professional. We catched a lady from cleaning personnel who used the same cloth to clean the bathroom surfaces and to clean the kitchen....
Also, every evening until the next morning, a strong bad smell comes up out of the W.C.. We informed the management, but they couldn't fix the problem. Just put a tape on the floor in the bathroom to plug a grid.
Swimming pool very noisy (next to the A/C machines which serve the whole building.

All in all, beautiful hotel with something to improve, but anyway the best choice in Suzhou.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was in this hotel for several months and I had a very good experience. The bed is really excellent and the breakfast at a good level.
Nice fitness room.
Things to improve: personnel English language to improve.
Swimming pool is outside and not at the level of the hotel.
the only real problem I had was the airconditioning: down too many times and not well distributed in the room; missing (!!) in the lift waiting room. really incredible for a nice structure as that one.
In any case I have to rank as excellent.

Room Tip: check the location of the airconditioning fan
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business