“Very nice rooms”

Fraser Suites Suzhou
Ranked #562 of 1,493 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The rooms here are great. Very spacious rooms for a very reasonable price. Very happy with the rooms and with the staff here. Have stayed here a couple of times, and would stay here again.

The downside to this hotel is the breakfast; it is average at best for Asia. If you go to breakfast with everyone else, expect to be sitting very close to someone else (or at their table).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Three of us went back to Suzhou for a 1 month stay this trip & as I said in my last review we planned to & did stay there again. Again we were all very pleased with this hotel & will plan to stay again our next trip. I wanted to write this 2nd review just to show this was not a fluke & that the 1st trip wasn't just all good luck. Everything from the easy check-in, the cleanliness of the rooms, the excellent attentive staff, breakfast room, I personally prefer the 6th floor as it is smaller, quieter & serves all the essentials for a good healthy breakfast. We always leave for work by 7:30 so I found getting there shortly after 6:30 when they opened was much easier for a quick & less crowded breakfast. Again the location of the subway, Mario's ( excellent as always Franz ), the Blue Marlin, the Euro-Mart for great shopping & excellent prices, banks, etc made this a perfect location for staying in Suzhou. Same as before the full sized kitchen was a big draw. For the 1st time in the 14 years I have been travelling to China we were able to shop for our groceries & cook dinner in our rooms. 1 of our guys asked the front desk for a couple of larger pots & pans & these were left in his room to use & return upon our departure. As anyone that travels a lot knows even eating in the best of restaurants gets old after a while & it was a nice break to be able to cook, have a couple of drinks & relax in the room. We did clean up after ourselves but this was our choice...the cleaning staff would have also taken care of this too. ( I asked & have no doubt in my mind they would have.)
We will be returning for a 4-5 week trip in March or April, 2013 & are making plans to return to the Fraser Suites again. All in all a excellent hot\el & I highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Having stayed in the 1 bedroom & also the 2 bedroom I have no real advice other than both were v...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Fraser Suites is the best, prestigious, affordable, comfortable place in Suzhou. I have stayed 10 days in the hotel and my stay their was my best experience in my life. It is located in the heart of the city and near by all the necessary things are available, and inside the hotel each and every facility is available at a very competitive and affordable price. Service and behavior of staff is very pleasant, and food quality is excellent.

Room Tip: It is 55 Floor and tallest Building in Suzhou, China and like an landmark, and I found it best place...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We decided to have a drink at the Sky Lounge today as we have heard that it is a nice place. Upon arrival at The Fraser Suites, we were greeted by a doorman who didn't speak a word of English and motioned us to go to the receptionist with our inquiry. We then went to the receptionist desk whereby there were 3 staffs looking at tones of papers sprawling on the check-in desk, not even looking up (a male staff looked at us but didn't say anything). A minute later, the other 2 looked up and seemed very annoyed that we have obliviously interrupted whatever they were doing. So, they did not even greet us, but looked impatiently at us. I asked for The Sky Lounge, and one of them simply said "upstairs", not even bothering to explain which floors and where the lifts were. So we went to the lift and one of them caught up with us to swipe the lift card and left, barely glancing at us. No "have a nice evening" as expected in a standard professional hotel. Upon arrival at the bar, we were told that the Bar was indeed closed for a private party for the evening. So we went back down to the lobby and told the arrogant staff about what happened. As we expected, she picked up the phone to call the Bar and spoke for almost 5 minutes simply to say "what am I going to say to the guests", which I understood. When she finally hung up the phone, we only got a cold "sorry the bar is closed for a private party", which we already knew. But she couldn't explain why she didn't know about it. My experience today only tells me what Mr Abharam Lim boasts about 'the service is the most important aspect, that Fraser Suites is different because of its attention and developing relationship' has not been applied, or if anything else his principle hasn't been shared especially to the Front Office people, who are supposed to be the most welcoming of all. We even got a very polite greeting from a housekeeping lady in the lift. I would personally train her to be at the Front Office.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BaliTokyo
FSSUZ, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Fraser Suites Suzhou!

Your comments made on the 19th December, regarding our services at the Reception you encountered, we would like to advise you that these issues have been taken up immediately with the relevant staff concerned, but most importantly wanted to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We are indeed very sorry for this unfortunate incident resulting your disappointed experience with us. We cannot turn the clock back, however would like to ask for another opportunity to redeem our truly Fraser hospitality. Should you plan to visit Suzhou again, kindly forward your next visit schedule to me directly at charley.cai@frasershospitality.com so that I can take care of your reservations personally.

Once again, thank you for your kind interest at the Fraser Suites Suzhou and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Sincerely yours,

Charley Cai

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights here while working in SIP.
The room was excellent with every thing you need, flat screen TV, DVD, I Dock, wifi, kitchen etc...
The heated bathroom floor was great now winter is here and each room has individual air con.
Fully equipped gym on the 6th floor and outdoor pool, but this was closed for the winter.
Restaurant was empty on a night but really good value.
Can't say anything wrong about this place.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in Fraser Suite for 2 weeks on business. Very satisfied in its location, service, cleanliness, sleep quality, comfortableness, and quality of stay. The location is very near to Metro station, just 3 minutes walk away. Staffs are highly responsible and dedicated to meet customers' expectation. There were many nights I couldn't hook on to the Internet. The IT staff was there till late at night to solved the issue for me. Breakfast provided is fair. Room heater works well. The washing machine is really of good quality.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely go back if I ever go back to Suzhou again!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank cjwei99
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been traveling to Suzhou on business since 1998 & have stayed at many of the different hotels in the city & in the SIP. This past May, 2012 our group stayed at the Fraser Suites for 3 weeks, for the 1st time & we all agreed...EXCELLENT hotel. The staff, including the lobby, dining & cleaning were always friendly,helpful ..... the rooms were exceptional. Spacious, well laid out, the kitchen was a big plus, full sized refrigerator, microwave, washer & dryer, double sink & stove & oven. The location is perfect too....close to many fine restaurants ( Mario's ), Jin Ji Lake & the new subway. Our only disappointment was when we tried dinner in the hotel 1 night....well, let's just say we won't again. We are returning next month, October, for 4 weeks & have already booked rooms there for this trip too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business