“First class service”
Review of Hotel Soul Suzhou

Hotel Soul Suzhou
Ranked #12 of 1,493 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Read thru' many good feedback on this hotel and so booked 3 Executive rooms for my whole family of 11 with Agoda for a day.

I emailed directly to hotel after receiving no reply from Agoda on free shuttle service from Suzhou Train Station. Was pleasantly surprised to get a response in English (read a lot of negative reports on China's communication breakdown) from the hotel staff, Ainnol, confirming the complimentary transfer and the room bookings.

On the day of arrival, Ainnol himself was already waiting patiently for us at the train station with a big welcome signage (can't miss). He suggested many places of interest and when we requested for his assistance to bring us around, without hesitation and with his superior's acknowledgement, brought us on a private tour. Charge is only on the hotel's transport, no charge on his guided service! He even turned us down profusely when we tried to push him tips (have to force him to accept)!

We are truly blessed, with the grace of God, to have met with such superb service offered by this young man. Hotel Soul Suzhou sure knows how to train their staff!

Rooms are unexpectedly enormous, clean, smoke-free, chic, comfy and shockingly affordable!

This hotel is definitely highly recommended. No regrets!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melinda C
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Soul Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Soul as your choice of accommodation during your recent visit to Suzhou and for taking time in providing us with a review of your stay.

All of us at Hotel Soul are grateful for the positive comments and most of all comforted by the fact that you had enjoyed your stay. We are constantly reviewing and taking measures to ensure that our team continues to provide consistent service excellence to all of our guests.

Your compliments and kind comments on Ainnol, our Chief Concierge are well appreciated and I am sure it will serve as an encouragement to the rest of our team to excel similarly. We look forward to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Myself and my 3 other Canadian coworkers (teachers living in China and teaching abroad) were delighted with our stay at Hotel Soul in Suzhou. The location was excellent, and was only a 2 minute walk to one of the pedestrian shopping streets. The Humble Administrators Garden, the Museum, and a shopping street along the canal are also very accessible on foot. When we weren't sure where to go or how to get there, the staff were very friendly, spoke English very well and provided exceptional customer service. For a little extra, the hotel provides a car (similar rates to taxi). The hotel rooms were clean, the showers hot, and the decor really interesting! One thing to beware of though: the doors separating the shower/bathroom with the bedroom were clear glass with artsy photos on them...easy to see your partner change or using the facilities so make sure you are staying with family or very close friends!
One of my favorite parts about the hotel were the themed elevators...you have to see these! In addition, the hotel had a really nice gym, and some delicious looking restaurants.
The hotel was a little more on the pricey side, but well worth it for the quality. The only complaint I have is that the internet was really slow in our rooms and most times I just gave up on checking emails (probably for the better anyway!)
The most memorable part of our stay was the customer service we received from Ainnol, a customer service representative. His English is excellent, and it seemed he was working day and night to keep the hotel running and the guests happy. He always had a smile on his face and was extremely helpful with all of our needs. He was so friendly, we even asked him to take a photo with our group and plan to stay in touch by email.
I would certainly stay at Hotel Soul again, and I would most definitely recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The 7th floor was incredible. Try and get upgraded if possible!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 729beckyb

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Soul and thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Suzhou.

We would like to express our sincere appreciation on the positive review given on the services and facilities. Rest assured your kind comments have been shared with the team here and especially to Ainnol, our Chief Concierge whom has been a great example of the level of customer service that we strive to achieve on a consistent basis.

With reference to the slow internet which you had experienced, we have arranged for our IT Manager to review the problem and we would like apologize for the inconvenience.

On behalf of the team here at Hotel Soul, we look forward very much to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel after reading so many good reviews about it. We were really happy during our 3 nights stay.. 1. Rooms are big n n clean. One of our room smell cigarettes smoke eventho that was a non smoking flr but the smell disappear after we plug in the hotel refreshener. 2. Breakfast was good during week days when there were less hotel guests! There's coffee machine n chef recommendation dishes but they remove this when there were too many guests. 3. The hotel location is perfect for shopping n food. It's about 10 mins away fr railway stt. My advice to those who carry big n heavy luggages not to use normal taxi at the stt as the car boot is really small. There's another type of taxi which the hotel normally use, it's black in color n use Nissan car. Get the hotel to call this taxi for u. This taxi drivers are more polite n the vehicle is really new n clean.. best part is they charge the same as other taxi @16 rmb fr railway to hotel. 4. The hotel staff are friendly, helpful n honest. My son left his cellphone in the room during our day outing. We were so glad the cellphone was untouched when we came back. The staff also offer to send us to railway when we asked about transport to tongli.

• Stayed: November 2013
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Soul Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you for choosing Hotel Soul as your choice of accommodation during your recent visit to Suzhou.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and for the favourable review. Your comment in highlighting the use of the type of taxi's is accurate as we do recommend the bigger and more comfortable taxi to all our guest especially when they are travelling with heavier luggages.

On behalf of all of us at Hotel Soul, we look forward to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Was recommended to stay at this hotel by friends in Shanghai who had stayed here. Upon my arrival, was guided by the Concierge to the Reception for check in. As I was waiting for my turn ( there was a group checking in ), I notice that the Staff were very patient in explaining the facilities in the
hotel although it was rather busy. It was the same with me when it was my turn and the check in was rather quick. The lobby was not large for a hotel with 219 rooms but what impressed me was the colorful chic design, it was cool. Went up to my room on the 7th Flr with the Mao period theme lift ( there were 3 different theme lifts ). The room was comfortable and clean. Went to the Hotpot Congee Restaurant at the Lobby Level for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the variety of dishes available. It was a good experience and value for money. For the price range that I paid for this stay, I was very happy with the comfort and services of this chic boutique style hotel. Will be back with my friends the next time

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Shazaam74

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Soul during your recent visit to Suzhou and for taking time in providing us with a review of your stay.

It gives us great pelasure to note and we are deeply encouraged that you have enjoyed the services that were provided. These positive comments ensure us that we are moving forward the right direction in our continuous effort to maintain and improve on our customer service levels.

We are glad that you have also enjoyed your visit to the Hotpot Congee Restaurant and we hope you will also get to patronize Brasserie 101 and Ying Fook Heen Restaurant serving Western and Cantonese cuisine with Dim Sum respectively during your next stay at Hotel Soul.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Hotel Soul in the very near future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We loved our stay in Hotel Soul Suzhou; this is one of the best hotels we have visited in Suzhou, location in the central. The hotel is very chic and the staffs are helpful, made our stay memorable.
Hotel restaurants provided variety cuisines; we loved their French cuisine and Dim Sum.
Well done guys. We would return, simply because the best service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Pauline L
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Soul Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Soul as your choice of accommodation during your recent visit to Suzhou.

We are please to note that you had enjoyed your stay with us together with the services and facilities provided. The encouraging and positive comments received are much appreciated as we continue with our efforts in providing a high level of customer service to all of our guest.

We look forward very much to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Soul Hotel in Suzhou is a beautifully funky hotel. Its staff are incredibly friendly and very helpful. The rooms are large, comfortable and superbly serviced. It offers a great breakfast with an extensive choice of food catering for both a western and Chinese palette. I stayed there for almost a week and the few times that I requested a special lunch or dinner, the staff responded with enthusiasm and absolute professionalism. My only disappointment with what was a very satisfying and pleasant stay at the hotel was that the telephone in my room just could not dial out. After reporting it for two days in a row, I just gave up frustratingly that the hotel's telephone service did not have the same soul like the rest of its outstanding services.

Room Tip: Room 455. It s big, spacious, comfortable and away from the noisy main roads.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ismail M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Soul during your recent trip and taking time to provide us with a review of your stay.

We are comforted to note that you have enjoyed the services provided and in particular with the response of our Staff to your special meal requirements. However, we do apologize for the inconvenience of you not being able to dial out with the room telephone. Rest assured that this matter has been addressed accordingly with our Front Office and It Department.

All of us at Hotel Soul looks forward to be of service to you again in your next visit to Suzhou.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Soul Hotel is not only a very fun, modern, clean, affordable, cheerfuly decorated design hotel (three thematic lifts make your day at every ride), at a very smart location (at the very downtown, walk distance to the Gardens, Suzhou Museum and the fairy tale PinJiang Lu) but my experience there is worth sharing: I wake up having a soar throat and symptoms of a coming flu, went down to the front desk asking for a English speaking physician' phone. The manager GS CHIN and the front manager ANNA WANG heard my conversation and immediately and very kindly inquired me about my health, I assure them it was nothing serious but both of them politely insisted on helping me and asked the most nice and smiling concierge AINNOL to bring me on the hotel's van to a VIP (a word that I don'l like anyway) Hospital to see an English speaking Doctor... I felt like I was in the company of long time friends and AINNOL was so in charge ithat I TOTALLY recommend SOUL HOTEL if you want to be in a nice, affordable, new and charm location when you visit the marvelous SUZHOU

Room Tip: Upper rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pepelamb

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you felt like you were at home during your stay with us and for the very positive comments given on the services that you have received. These comments are off a good encouragement to us as we continue our efforts in providing all of our guests with a consistent level of service.

All of us at Hotel Soul looks forward to be of service again to you in the very near future.