All reviewsthe executive loungebreakfast and happy hournice hotelbusiness tripevery morninglaundry servicehigh floorbreakfast buffetcomfortable bedrooms are bigstayed here for nightssubway stationlobby barchinese restaurantold citypulpstefano
Reviewed November 9, 2017

The location is absolutely strategic, its located in downtown, very close to city center but still its away from the noises as its situated at a lovely residential area. I love walking around that area. Thank you Marriott for upgrading me to a high floor where it really highlighted my stay. The view up there is marvellous, looking over the city. Not to mention about their five star service. The housekeeping did a great job every time cleaning my room and left sweet notes to lighten my day. Especially Front Desk, they know the area very well and could answer almost every question I have. Thank you so much for making my trip so much easier!

Room Tip: High floor rooms with great views
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

Staffs are helpful and courteous. Hotel looks fairly new thus everything is in good condition. Room is spacious, clean and beautiful bathroom. I used the pool both days I stayed - nice, clean and good size pool for swimming laps. Locker room has showers, hot tub, steam room and sauna - all in good conditions! Continental breakfast is great, all type of foods, $24 US per person, and worth it if you are a ‘breakfast’ person. Overall, a Superb stay!!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Stayed here twice. Front desk was always very helpful. Check in and check out were speedy. The room is of good size, comfortable, and clean. Second time staying here, I had to go to the front desk to ask for an adapter for my laptop's plug. There was no restaurant within walking distance. I tried the hotel's Italian restaurant twice. First time I ordered pasta and it was OK. Second time I ordered chef's special pizza and I do not recommend it. The breakfast buffet had lots of variety. It opens at 6:30 am. But if you arrive at 6:30 am then most of the stuff was not there yet. I was waiting for a special dish and it was not ready till after 7. If not for the breakfast experience, I'd give them a five-star rating.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I just returned to this location after a year of being away. It felt like home as it did for 2015 & 2016 while working on my last work project.

Service was great as always. I was a little bummed that most of the staff that I was accustomed to had moved on to other hotels elsewhere. The only familiar person was Sally in the breakfast café who recognized me and it was great to see her again. However, all the new staff in the lobby bar, front desk, and executive lounge were great.

Looking forward to my next trip.

Room Tip: I like the corner rooms since the showers seem bigger.
Reviewed September 28, 2017

I have been staying with this hotel for more than 10 times in past year. When I arrived this hotel Sep 26, Alier from Front desk could find my reservation but not my marriott award number. I assume they should have it in the system since I have been a member for over 20 years, and I have been with this hotel for so many times. While I tried to find the marriott award number from the smart phone application, the APP was down! After over 10 minutes struggling, she realized that she input my ID number wrong! With all the apologies, she promised to send complimentary fruits to my room "immediately". I left the hotel for dinner right way, and when I came back to my room 5 hours later, nothing happened! Shall I call her a lier? or should I blame poor management from Marriott side?

Room Tip: If you want anything, make sure to keep on asking till you get it! Never trust those promise like " coming immediately".
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, Director of Rooms at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear shaojia,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your unhappy stay experience, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue.

Jeffrey Liu