“One of the best hotel in Suzhou”

Suzhou Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,457 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Near metro station and scenary sites like Tiger Hill, Lingering Garden. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast buffet was just ok, and had both Chinese and Western Style items, not as good as those in some other similar hotels in China I have been too. But that is not a big problem for me. I would definitely stay again next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Suzhou Marriott Hotel

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I visit the SZ Marriott a couple of times a year, and had learned that a couple of the key managers left the hotel since my last stay. The service has always been excellent, so I was a bit concerned that things could have declined. Fortunately, the service level did not miss a beat. From check in to check out the service was perfect. The staff has excellent English language skills and always seems to anticipate their guests needs. I especially like to see familiar faces welcome me in the lobby every time I arrive and depart the hotel during my stay.

The rooms are big, beautiful, and well maintained. Towels and sheets are new and soft. The bed is comfortable and rooms are very quiet. The breakfast buffet is amazing with dozens of western and Asian choices, as well as a great bakery and fresh juice bar.

The Marriott Suzhou has always felt like a home away from home for me, and the new management team seems to have seamlessly integrated into the operation. The staff is well trained, and they make their guests feel special. I highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank Rochtoga
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed one night at Suzhou Marriott, Halloween 2012.

Booked a junior suite and was upgraded to executive suite which is much more specious. Impressive service of staff at front desk, courteous room service attendant. My floor was high but unfortunately no view except the blocks down there. You cannot have it all, I guess. Stay was great, I love the room concept, espicially for the bed and bathroom. The color was all in a tone of dark red / black, a bit depress for couple like us, or let's say the hotel tend to be a BUSINESS one. Went down to the Bar at Lobby which was supposed to have a Halloween theme party turn out no more than 10 people (including band and hostesses)in there. Therefore, we went to some other Bars outside.

The location is average. Did not see much more dinning options around, neither for Bars. And We had a hard time finding hotel and had to call Concierge twice as we drove from Shanghai.

A short but sweet Hallowenn memory with Marriott Suzhou Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed one night on business trip. The hotel is gorgeous, the executive suite rooms are spacious with high standard luxury equipment. The staffs well trained impressed me by efficiency and they speaks good english. The buffet breakfast is amaising. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I just want to say one small thing: I stayed in this hotel twice, all the other things are fine, just one small thing makes all the satisfaction dissapear: The concierge service is not so professional.

When I checked out, I told the concierge I need a taxi to Wuxi airport. They gave me a luxury taxi without notify me the big difference of the taxi fare. To be honest, I never took taxis in Suzhou in the past, because all of my transpotation would be taken care of by friends, so that was the first time I took a taxi there. I just feel the concierge should have told me the difference between regular taxi and luxury taxi, otherwise the hotel guests will think the concierge get commissions from this favor.

Room Tip: Be careful about the concierge. Ask more questions before they make decisions for you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sealynx N
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here one night on business and I was really impressed by the attentiveness of the staff and the quality and luxury of the room (I booked the cheapest one). It's not really within walking distance of anywhere but taxis are cheap.

The buffet and Chinese restaurants on the ground floor were empty but after I had taken a seat in the buffet, a fellow diner told me about the Italian restaurant on the 2nd floor which was a lovely break from 2 weeks of Chinese food and reasonably priced by western standards.

Book the plentiful buffet breakfast when you arrive as it's cheaper than paying on the day.

There's a pool and sauna, so don't forget your swimming costume (or wear your boxer shorts like I did!)

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I always stay in Marriott hotels. The hotel facility is gorgeous and staffs are well-trained. They greeted you when they meet you in the hotel. The Chinese restaurant is very delicious and service is efficient. The bar has the Philippine band for the performance. The hotel room is spacious and new, which was upgraded to the suite. Value for the money and very good hotel in Suzhou. Strongly recommendation

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business