“Nice hotel at a nice location”

Suzhou Marriott Hotel
Ranked #4 of 1,458 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I had a visit to Suzhou in the Chinese New Year Vacation. Although it's a typical high season for Chinese, the front desk helped us quickly. This hotel is exactly the same you will expect from Marriott at anywhere. It's clean, comfortable, and close to many attractions. The employees were friendly and helpful. However, the breakfast was just normal and a little bit overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMYang
Ayu G, Manager at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Suzhou Marriott as your preferred accommodation choice during your stay in Suzhou and for sharing your appreciation with us.

Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focused and all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently. We are delighted to know that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the team.

Our breakfast menu has been reviewed with more varieties selection such as Indian Chef's special curry chicken, Kimchi soup and many more delicious foods.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and welcoming you back in near future.

There are newer reviews for Suzhou Marriott Hotel

Reviewed January 8, 2013

It warms my heart to write this recommendation offering my most sincere appreciation of this hotel.

I have been recently assigned to China for at 6 months, and found myself living the life of luxury while staying at the Marriott Suzhou. It would take lengthy essay to uncover the many joys I have experienced during my unreasonably long duration. But quite simply stated - the staff is outstanding! Hands-down some of the nicest individuals I have ever had a pleasure to stay with. They will attend to every need thought possible, and even come up with a few surprises. The facility is very modern, and kept up to date making you feel comfortable in your new home away from home.

Upon arriving to the hotel, you will notice a long entrance welcoming you by smiling and awaiting staff. From there you will notice an outstanding lounge area to sit back and relax. Also located on the first floor are several restaurants and a bar I find myself at more than I care to share. The hotel offers a state-of-the art gym, pool, sauna, and spa that will help keep you motivated and in shape. Finally, the executive lounge on the 48th floor offers a staff of welcoming ladies to assure you are well rested prior to tackling the next day of China.

From the sales staff, to the ladies on the executive floor, to the lounges and bars, to the room service offering friendly service – there is no better place to stay in Suzhou (perhaps China)!! If considering a trip to the area, you would be remised to think of any other location then Marriott.

Room Tip: Go for the executive upgrade - well worth the money :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric V
Ayu G, Manager at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear guest,

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service for your current and future stays.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights during a trip through China. This hotel was perfect for the three days I spent in Suzhou. The room was well appointed, and the staff was courteous and helpful. The full gym and spa was very nice for working out. Highly recommend staying here if you are visiting Suzhou.

Room Tip: High rooms have a great views (corner rooms are nice & large).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shankario

Dear guest.
We would like to thank you for choosing Suzhou Marriott as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Suzhou.

We are pleased to read that you aprpeciated the service level of our staff and appointed facilities in our hotel. It is always encouring for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Suzhou Marriott.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

One night stay (on business trip). Warm welcome, staff competent and speaking English. Check in check out without queueing.
The room was very nice and comfordable.
I tried the restaurant for lunch and dinner and I was not disappointed at all. Nice choice of Thai food. Service attentive and efficient. Very good breakfast.
Definitly the place to stay in Suzhou.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michel F

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Suzhou Marriott as your accommodation choic during your stay in Suzhou.

We are pleased to read that you appreciated the food and beverage quality, comfort room and arrival experience.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your srvice and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Suzhou Marriott.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very nice hotel!
Rooms are clean and nice with unusual bathroom design, which I like.
Service is wonderful. You will find a lot of people smiling and ready to help everywhere on the property. At the entrance personnel almost fight between each other for your attention – you will feel yourself the most desirable guest here.
Food is good. Handmade noodle is delicious and it is fun to see how they make it –real art. Again, they have a lot of staff to serve and to clean – very efficient.
Executive Lounge is very spacious, clean and comfy, run by nice young lady from Spain. Food and beverages are always ample, tables are always clean, plates will be taken away at the moment of your last bite. Food is international and cooked by Italian chef.
Two examples of great service quality and attitude I would like to share.
First one. I needed a scotch tape and called to AYS. Notice, I do not speak Chinese, so I tried to explain myself in English, but not successfully, so I said person on the phone that it was OK and that I would ask for a scotch at the front desk or at the Executive Lounge, no problem. Of course, I forgot to ask as I have been in hurry... Guess what! At the evening I found a scotch tape on my desk! The person at the AYS found out the meaning of the foreign word she did not knew at the moment and took care of it! I think this is just amazing move and is a great indicator of service level at the hotel. Not just to create an illusion of care – which is so common our days - really care. Applause!
Second one. Suzhou is a very touristic place. To catch a taxi may be a problem. So, hotel always has a taxis at the entrance. They are more expensive sort of taxi (black colored), but clean and luxury. More important – they are always there! Of course, you may ask personnel to call for a street taxi – we always did as they know better where to go – but you have a choice plus street taxis may be not available at rush times, so you have a back up. I think it is very smart management and real care of clients.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HotelDweller2012
Ayu G, Manager at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Suzhou Marriott as your accommodation choice during your stay in Suzhou and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are delighted to know that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Our vision is to create a genuinely caring environment which look for opportunities to serve guest and pursue excellence service. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service for your future stays.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the Suzhou Marriott on my last business trip to China. The value was excellent. The service was excellent, and like many high end hotels in China the room was very well appointed. The bathroom had access from both ends of the room and had all the high end conveniences that one would expect of a Marriott. The shower had a rain shower head and was very modern. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. My only critique, and it is a small one, is that the room was a little small compared to other Chinese luxury hotels.

My favorite part of the hotel was the concierge lounge. The Suzhou Marriott had a very will stocked lounge that ended up being my favorite location in the hotel. They had private meeting rooms that were useful for business meetings.

The breakfast buffet was very good. They had the traditional western menu of waffles and eggs, but also had a great selection of Chinese noodles and dumplings.

Overall, the property was clean and well appointed and the service was fantastic. I'll be planning on using this hotel on my next trip to Suzhou!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan B

Dear guest.

We are pleased to read that you aprpeciated the service level of our staff, comfort room, appointed facilities and breakfast quality in our hotel. It is always encouring for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Suzhou Marriott.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I haven't stayed in a Marriott in a while. When I was living in the US they were dated and just very beige. When I walked into the Suzhou Marrriott the first thing I said was "when did Marriott's get nice" I don't know if it is just international properties or all but this one was amazing. Beautiful, modern decor. The staff was in the lobby, providing a very warm welcome and greeting. Benny, the GM was there and introduced himself and was so pleasant and helpful. The entire staff was. Having spend many years in the hospitality industry, I was very impressed with the level of service at this hotel. The rooms are very nice with a large bathroom and very comfortable bed and nice linens. Our room had a view of Tiger Hill, one of the attractions in Suzhou. The location of the hotel is not the most convenient, meaning able to walk to a lot of places but the bellmen will call you a cab and off you go to your destination. The spa, fitness center and pool are very nice as well with male and female locker rooms with a large hot tub, steam and sauna room all included in the stay. In addition to the service of the staff, the highlight of our stay was the unexpected bar in the lobby called Pulp Bar. It is like a sports bar, club, with live entertainment with great service. They had a great Filipino cover band that could sing everything. It was so much fun. I look forward to returning to the Suzhou Marriott just to relax at the hotel and in the evening go to Pulp and enjoy the entertainment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kneehowshanghai

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Suzhou Marriott as your accommodation choice during your stay in Suzhou.

We are pleased to read that you appreciated the service level, comfort room, appointed facilites and entertainment offerings in our hotel. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Suzhou Marriott.