“Great learning experience, wonderful products”
Review of Suzhou Silk Museum

Suzhou Silk Museum
Book In Advance
$96.00*
Private Day Tour: Suzhou Gardens and Silk Museum from Shanghai Including Lunch
$100.00*
and up
Private Shanghai Day Tour Including the Bund Yu Garden Old Town Market and...
$158.00*
Shanghai at Night with Chinese Opera, Dinner, and Drinks
Ranked #16 of 352 things to do in Suzhou
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I truly enjoyed our tour of this Silk factory.First they teach how the silk is produced which was very interesting for me. After taking you through the process of the silk production they let you touch the cocoons and even let you stretch out the silk to illustrate how the silk products are made. The prices are very reasonable and the quality is superb. I was very happy with the experience and the silk items that I purchased.

2  Thank Ali250

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very well-done museum/factory, showing how silk is produced from cocoons to finished product. I love the weaving machine, with what look like bamboo punched cards driving the programming of the loom. Very high quality silk, a great place to buy silk bedsheets, duvets and comforters. They vacuum-pack everything to make it easy to bring home. Prices for the clothing is a little higher than other stores, but the quality is much better.

1  Thank Wanderlust1954
Reviewed December 4, 2013

As with the last time,I thought I was going to a silk museum, the driver took us to a factory instead. I would not be at all surprised if huge drivers had a deal with the factory, as it is not uncommon in other places. I think the only way to be sure is to check the building address. There is really not much you can do at that point except to make sure the factory guide shows you the silk museum itself before trotting you around the fast factory tour, then onto the sales rooms.
All that being said, it was a good factory to go to. It was about half a block away from the actual silk museum on the same side of the road. I had a lot of fun even at the factory; they were more than happy to let me handle the double cocoon at the stretching stage. I got a little wet, but we all had a good laugh. It is not as easy to pull that silk as it looks. The factory was not as hard sell as some are and had quite reasonable prices for the captive. one can bargain there, but walk be prepared to walk away.....
The silk museum was excellent. Plenty of English explanations, an English video clip to sit down and watch. I, personally, did not see a live silk worm but that doesn't meant hey aren,t there. I have missed things before on tours. I walked a way knowing a bit more about Suzhou and silk than I did my last trip.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Chinese Silk is well know in China. you can find it in Beijing as well.
this is much bigger than others which i went before. if you are in Suzhou city or other city in China, you should go and see!!

2  Thank toursbycoco
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Not sure where the other reviewers visited.

The silk museum we visited, got the address from the hotel, was free to get in, had modern displays with English captions, live silk worms, live weaving and no pressure from any sales people.

A very neat and interesting little museum.

1  Thank Easterbeilbs