“Those who know go to Rong ....”
Review of RONG

RONG
Ranked #30 of 810 Restaurants in Suzhou
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

I hate to write this review in case I can’t get a table next time. Stand with your back to the entrance of the Suzhou Hyatt Regency, walk to 11 o’clock (left of the water feature and right of the skyscraper), stop at the first goose sculpture, raise your eyes slightly and you will see Rong. The menu is not too extensive which means that meals are prepared and cooked on the spot. Ingredients are fresh, dishes are nicely presented and everything is super tasty. Chilli and chopped garlic are provided as ‘add-ons’ so no fear of ultra-spicy. We’ve been several times with different people and every single person (mixed ages and nationalities) has praised the food. This is our favourite restaurant in Suzhou, not only because of the draft craft beer, bottled cider and decent wine, but particularly because of the relaxed atmosphere and delightful service from owner Larry and the team. We can’t rate Rong highly enough.

2  Thank ellenv

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

In on Buisness looking for a nice place to eat. Reviews said the chicken wings were good so we decided to check it out. The wings are indeed good! The service though was outstanding. My friend ordered a beer and I ordered a whiskey (I’m actually allergic to beer). The server told me they only had beer. No big deal, I got a coke. Moments later the owner stopped by the table offered to pour me a glass of whisky from his private stash. I offered to pay him, but he said “sharing is caring, pay it forward”. Great guy, great place!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Super friendly place with a easy to choose menu! Nice beers and starters with amazing pho's!
My favoured food in this restaurant is "The Oxtail" Pho and some fresh springrolls next to it :)!
Enjoy!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Larry, the owner is serving up some amazing Vietnamese cuisine. Even helped tried helping us find some longer term housing. Great Food!! Get the some of his roasted chicken!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

RONG is easily one of my favourite restaurants in Suzhou. With fresh and tasty food and a spotless restaurant, Larry and his team never disappoint. Prices are completely reasonable for the quality of food provided. The restaurant makes all its own sauces and garnishes and does a fabulous job with presentation and quick service.

For any vegetarians...RONG's lemongrass tofu is out of this world good (I'm not particularly a fan of tofu but I regularly order theirs!)

For meat eaters, the wings are a must-try!!!

I'm not a beer drinker, but it's also mentioning that RONG's has a variety of excellent beers on tap (according to my husband!).

Definitely try them out!