“Stay away from this hotel !”
Review of Da Hong Yun Hotel

Da Hong Yun Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Suzhou
Da Hong Yun Hotel
Ranked #542 of 1,422 Hotels in Suzhou
Malaysia
“Stay away from this hotel !”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

We have just returned from a 2night stay at Da Hong Yun Hotel, Suzhou. This hotel is very center, GuanQian Street just opposite it. Infact we were looking for Motel 168 which just 1minute walk from this hotel. However, this was our first time to Suzhou and we were arrived late at 7pm, we been confused by a travel agency in Suzhou West Bus Station that no Motel 168 in that area and persuaded by them to stay in this hotel.

The room rate is RMB180/night, that day was full house, we taken the last 2room - 1 double room and 1 triple room. We were located at 4th floor. The double room occupied by my sister is fine, but the triple room occupied by me and my parent was very smelly with their kitchen cooking odor. Since there was no more room can be exchanged, so we have no choice but to tolerant with this unpleasent smell.

We are three person to occupied the room, but the hotel only provide bath towel for 2person - the bath towel size is no different with hand towel! When I ask for additional bath towel, they told me no more bath towel is available as they are full house. They also don't have bath gel, when we ask for it, they gave us the same reason and search here and there then gave us a bottle of leafover bath gel which enough for three of us to use.

The next day morning I complaint to the front desk and ask for change room. When we returned to the hotel by end of the day, our room have been changed. The changed room is ok, no smell anymore, bath towel and bath gel is ready.

However, when I wash hand, the water pipe was not connected from basin to the drain so whole bathroom was wet. I immediately complaint to room service. When the room service personel came to check on it, the first thing they talk to me is : What the hell you have done to the water pipe?! I was so angry and shout back to them that the water pipe is orginally like that when I use the bathroom. They keep on grumbling it should never be like that as their room service servant never report this. I was so angry and told them they can refuse to repair it but I will continue run the water until the whole bed room is flood. When they notice how unhappy and angry wrote on my face they immediately send someone to repair it and leave all the rubbish in the bathroom. No appologize from them at all!

The front desk staff attitute also very poor, they are rude, very rude. When you talk to them they will give you a strongly feel that you are disturbing them. They never look at you when you talk to or they talk to you, when they handover something to you they are trow it to the desk for you to collect. During our stay, we have never get greeting or a smilling face from anyone of their hotel staff.

We will NEVER COME BACK or rememend this hotel!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff Service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family