“Very adequate for stay on business trip”

Novotel Wuhan Xinhua
Ranked #26 of 2,343 Hotels in Wuhan
Neutraubling, Germany
“Very adequate for stay on business trip”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed only one night during a business trip in Wuhan Xinhua Hotel. Rooms are very adequate - staff is friendly and the breakfast is also ok. So, nothing to regret to check in at Wuhan Xinhua Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your feedback with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in March, so fortunately the weather was not roasting hot. However the climate control didn't work properly in my room so it still became uncomfortably warm at night.
I would not want to be in that room (sorry can't remember the room number) during the summer.
Otherwise it was fine, and breakfast was ok.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua. I am sorry that the air condition is not wok in your room.It is warmer in the room; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that our engineer wil check the reason and try to settle the problem.
Looking forward to your next stay with us to see our improvement and I'm sure you all will be satisfied with our service.
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel for the past10 days. This hotel is located in a very convenience area of the city closing to a shopping district, upscale restaurants, banks, etc.. This hotel offers high quality internet service including Wi-Fi. The hotel is clean, safe and hotel staffs are very friendly and willing to help whenever you need. Daily morning buffet is of great value, and staffs are courteous. Special thanks to Sandra Lv, Wendy Xu and Lily. Thank you all for your great jobs!

Room Tip: The room size is suitable. Bath room is well lighted.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

1 Thank Chris Y
ivyzhang, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, June 24, 2014

Valjevo, Serbia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The location of the hotel is perfect.
It has numerous restaurants around and few small lakes. Surrounding is perfect.

We, my colleague and I, stayed in hotel for 5 days.
Breakfast is on average, but there is choice if you are staying for several days.
All is very clean.
Hotel staff is also OK, but in most cases they do not speak English - on one occasion I was waiting a parcel for me to arrive on reception, and after calling reception to ask if it arrived they: sent me map of Wuhan, sent a lady for pick of laundry, asked if I want room service, asked if I had problem with air condition... :) so, total lack of English.

The hotel has some strange smell, but you get used to it. That is what I would say is the biggest problem.
On the reception they allowed me to check and pick rooms before entering.

So, I recommend this hotel. If I were to go to Wuhan again, I would pick this again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on higher floor in order to have more light.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua. I am sorry that our English skill did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that 15-minute English training to each staff member is ongoing on a daily basis to ensure a smooth communication with our guests.
About the bad smell,our engineer wil check the reason and try to settle the problem.
Thane, India
Reviewed May 10, 2014

While booking, we were given the option of paying an additional amount for a Superior Room which was supposed to be on a higher floor, with modern decor and faster internet. We got the 6th Floor, which at the time of check in we were told was a high floor. The room looked like the Standard Room on the website. Wifi was the same as available in the common lobby, i.e. just ok. Others staying on the higher floors 10 & above did claim that the speed was fast.

Had booked an airport pick up. No vehicle at the airport to pick up. When we called the hotel, they said that they needed to check and asked us to call after some time or to take a taxi and come to the hotel.

Airconditioning didnt work properly on the second day of the stay. Room was not made up on the 1st day. Had to call and ask housekeeping for the room to be made up. Lots of noise from cars honking.

If I ever come back to Wuhan will never stay here for sure. After staying in the Novotel elsewhere was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Dont pay extra for the Superior Room its a rip off
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Gopal Mohan N
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

we appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.We will made the free upgrade to you for next stay and welcome friuits.Hope to see you again!
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Our Air France flight delayed and they did send us to this Novotel.
I am an Accor Hotel so I have a pretty view of what is Novotel standard. This one in Wuhan is really old.
They gave me a room on the first floor. Very noisy. Very humid. Bed cover were humid.
Refuse any room in first floor.

TV remote control didn't work.

Free internet. Works ok.

Personally I am very disappointed and I would never book this hotel again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Doriphore
At Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.In our hotel the rooms located from 1st floor to 13 floor,next time you could ask our assistant manager to help you if you don't satisfied the room.
Thank you for your understanding and looking forward to serving you in near future.
Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Novotel last week after a Yangtze river cruise.

They must give out stars pretty freely in China, as this French owned brand calls it's self a 5* hotel. Based on my experiences it is only JUST a 4* property. The rooms were functional but tired and inconsistant, such as three different brands of bathroom porcelain for the toilet, sink and tiny bath.

The service was fine, the decoration is old. The location is good. Lots can be found anyway when you exit the hotel, restaurants, shops, etc. All things considered, it answered all the needs and for the price was very acceptable.

Enquired about the hotel transfer to the train station - 10 mins away. Price quoted worked out at TWENTY times the taxi charge. Umm, pass.

Room Tip: Hard to say, definitely hit them up for an upgrade, didn't seem to be more than 20-30% occupied.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank asiantraveller2009
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.
It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of our service and we really appreciate your constructive comments.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Novotel Wuhan in near future.