“First Novotel experience, turned out very good!”

Novotel Wuhan Xinhua
Ranked #28 of 2,350 Hotels in Wuhan
Melbourne
“First Novotel experience, turned out very good!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was a bit worried after reading reviews about this Novotel Hotel, I saw some people said it was dated and old and things like that. The truth is.. Yes indeed it is slightly older but it is still in a very good shape. I was also surprised that this hotel has at least three levels of non-smoking floor, which I found it very nice because the previous nine hotels I stayed in China did not have non-smoking floor. The size of the standard room was alright, however the toilet was a bit small. You do have to close the door before going into the bath/shower area. The room was very clean and it was fully equipped. One thing worth mentioning was that the key card can only let you access to your own floor, which I found very good as that will eliminate strangers walking around in the corridor for no reason. The staff was very helpful, our coach was broken down right outside the hotel before our concert, and the hotel manager quickly arranged their own coach for us. There are plenty of restaurant just two blocks away and a big shopping centre just opposite, so the location is very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your feedback with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked my hotel stay through Accor-hotel official webpage. When I arrived and check in, the staff told me that they don’t have my reservation record and trying not offering me a room.
At last, the front desk promised me to:-
1) Call Accor hotel center tomorrow morning and found out my record (they has my record number, Le club membership number and name);
2) Help me to switch my room to a single bed room (as they couldn’t offer a single bed room on the first night)

Result:
1) I end up called to the hotel center by myself; in order to the front desk staff have my reservation record;
2) I don’t have my upgraded room after changed my room on my second night. (as I am the platinum member)

Horrible experience - Novotel, Wuhan.
Not anymore please.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by the poor service of our Front Desk; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that our Front Office Manager has enhanced training to Front Desk staff to improve their guest-oriented service awareness to ensure their performance meets our guests' expectation and the international standard.
we appreciate your valuable comments and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Everyone at the Novotel always had a smile on their faces. They helped you with everything. The breakfast was amazing and everyone was so nice! If you want a hotel that is close to restaurants, shops and taxis this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed July 2013
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the stay with us and appreciate your positive feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Novotel Wuhan in near future.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is well placed and has a subway outside. Subway dirt cheap here and taxis. Locally i struggle with the language and eating. Basically Chinese don't speak English and restaurants i found it difficult to order food. Also what you expect does not come out, so probably to buy from street people as at least you see what you are getting. Duck is good but be careful if they just carve the skin. Its tastes lovely for the first 2 mouthfuls then it gets sickly. Pay about 200 RMD for a whole duck. Chinese people don't queue and can sometimes seem a bit rude but i think its because there are so many people here in Beijing. Get a guide to take you to the Wall and it will be a amazing experience but if you are not fit you will not do much walking up there. There are many stairs to climb so take comfortable shoes. Oh sorry hotel is mainly full of Chinese and breakfast was maniac and often could not find a spare table to sit. Wifi worked but no Facebook. Room was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, June 14, 2013

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you can afford a little more, than this will not be the hotel to stay in in Wuhan. The hotel is quite old and there is not much going on. Gym and swimming pool are outdated and the service at the breakfast is very poor. But hotel has some plus points: location is, depending on where you have to, be quite central, the price is reasonable, it is near the best bar in Wuhan (brussels) and the front desk staff is friendly and cooperative.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback,We hope the experience will not alter your confidence in Novotel Wuhan Xinhua and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.