“Good value hotel with good service”

Novotel Wuhan Xinhua
Ranked #27 of 2,360 Hotels in Wuhan
Beijing, China
“Good value hotel with good service”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel has been around for a number of years and you can see it in the rooms. Especially the bathrooms are dark and need a major renovation. The bed is a typical Accor product, firm but comfortable.

It is because of the friendly and efficient service that I keep coming back. Located in the center of town you have good access to the airport as well as the business district.

Internet was included in my room rate and the connection was effortless. WiFi is provided in the lobby lounge and bar area.

Overall a good hotel with everything you will need during a business trip.

Room Tip: Good value paired with good service, but rooms are in need of an update
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your feedback with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I regularly goes to Wuhan on business and Novotel has been my hotel of choice. Great location and nice view over the lake from the lounge. Best is the service from the staff. I forget one item in a lift that was taken by another guest. The front desk manager spent the day looking at the CCTV footage and found back who had taken it, called the person and finally got my item back when I was sure I would not see it again. Thanks a lot for the dedication in helping getting my things back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed one night here and one night at the Marriott Renaissance in Wuchang. This hotel is in a great location if you need to be in Hankou. There are lots of restaurants around and lots of action i.e. local activity - its not in some far removed business park. The hotel is quiet, but the room is in need of refurbishment soon. That said, the bed is comfortable, the sheets soft and luxurious, thick towels and a fairly clean bathroom (apart from mouldy tiles around the bath). The location of the Marriott is not as good as far as local action (although closer to tourist attractions if that is why you are in Wuhan). But the rooms are bigger, newer and the breakfast is better (at least the western options). The staff we came into contact also had better English at the Marriott. But the Marriott charge for internet which is appalling for a business hotel. Its free at the Novotel. If you need to be in Hankou I would recommend the Novotel for a short stay. Wuhan is enormous so it pays to reduce any need to take a cab long distance as the traffic is terrible (even though they are cheap compared to Shanghai or Beijing).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Wuhan Xin Hua. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The first room assigned to me was having poor air-condition. It was hot everywhere. Then I complained with staff there, they said they will check whether there is other rooms available. But finally no response. The other day complained with manager again, got a room to shift but it was twin room.

Overall, they are helpful but both rooms and services are possible to improve.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Wuhan Xinhua. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Our Engineering Director has been instructed to check the air condition system on a regularly basis to ensure it works properly all the time.
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Check in was very friendly and the staff were more helpfull that other hotels in the west, I've stayed at recently. Check out was also efficient and courteous. Good location being central, and across the street from a high end shopping mall and offices.
As with other hotels in the west, the Air Conditioning was fairly weak, so get an extra room key and leave it on before going for dinner, so you can sleep. Room was standard, clean and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: get extra room key, so you can leave your AC on before going for dinner, so you can sleep in a cool...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Wuhan Xin Hua. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I am a person that I am travelling every week around China, more than 4 month per year in a hotels, it is the first time that I am using a Novotel in China (before I did in Amsterdam), however I found it expensive for the facilities, room not duly clean, internet charged separetely, price similar than Sheraton but far away from.
Breakfast is served in third floor and not elevator, when you are going with luggages (before to do the check out) result almost impossible and NOBODY from the Hotel do nothing for help.
Summary for me regular to down

Best regards

julio Guevara

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ivyzhang, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Novotel Wuhan Xinhua, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
In fact , the internet is free in our hotel. It is beneficial for all guests.