“Perfect Hotel for the Software Park”

and 1 more site!
The Jade Boutique Hotel
Ranked #20 of 2,343 Hotels in Wuhan
San Francisco, California
“Perfect Hotel for the Software Park”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is an upscale hotel in the software park, better than most of the big name chain in the city.
I have stayed in this hotel so many times, roughly every couple of month, will be here for a few days.

Pro: location, service, the room, and the restaurant...
Con: not really, except it is not in the "city" of Wuhan -- that is not an issue for me, as I need to be in the area.

If you need to be in the area: try this hotel; try the restaurant (when the chef is on duty), you will be impressed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SiqingWei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was at Jade Wuhan again from 27-Dec till 2-Jan. I pleasure to be back again. Many of the employees and even the Executives are very friendly, cordial & caring - like friends & family. Since my last visit I in fact interacted with many of them over net. It was a pleasure to meet them all again and stay for about an week.

The rooms are really spacious. I stayed in 1019. The wall decoration and over all decoration are even better now.

The private theater was available for free movie viewing with a wide range of choice for both foreign & Chinese films. It would have been much better if I had seen the movies with my dear ones but missed that pleasure as I was solo.

Must comment on the exceptional cordial behavior of Mathew Ma of front desk, Stephen Xia of Security. The Supervisor of Western Restaurant, Viola is very helpful and the manager Tiffany Zhang Feng has excellent communication skill. Remembered every detail of my preferences. A pleasure to interact with Chef George of Canada. My deepest gratitude to Chairman Mr. Tao for his exceptional cordial reception which made me feel at home.

The accessories in room and toilet were really of good quality. No dearth of plug points in room. It's everywhere. There were 3 TV s in my room, including a small one in Toilet. A real surprise.

The house keeping staffs were attentive to attend the rooms exactly when I was not there. I prefer that type of approach.

I love the breakfast here. The cigar bar is good for those who love exquisite Cigars.

The location is ideally suited for those who are working in the software park all around the hotel. It's also so close to Dong Hu lake. I love the lake area and went there on 1-Jan morning. I serene view to rejuvenate the heart & soul.

Complain : No complain. Just suggestion that it will be better to have hand / flexible shower near bath tub. May be can also expand the Menu in the Western restaurant to include more vegetarian dishes.

Room Tip: I prefer the view of the rooms on the road-side or those on right side with "lake" view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 months, from mid of Nov. 2013 to Mid of Junuary 2014. i stayed in the appartment floor (3rd floor) the room was very nice and big enough for family was 4 members.
The resturant in the 2nd floor quality is good but the breakfast buffet is very limited, the Gym is not so good.
The main issue I am facing is the language barrier even in the reciption.
But definitly I will consider it if I went back to Wuhan.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel located near the software park is great for those working in the area.

It is almost brand new and the rooms are huge, with soft bed, lounge sofa, massive bathroom and a separate wardrobe area.

There isn't much activity in the area after dark. The hotel bar closes at midnight and your eating options are limited to room service, which is reasonably priced.

A taxi ride to the airport will set you back about 180 CNY and takes over an hour, almost entirely on the highway.

We only stayed here one night, but found it very enjoyable and will return here next time when I need to be in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Calfie
Comptche, California
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was here for a two-day meeting. It's a long ride from either the airport or the bullet train station, about an hour in normal traffic. Apple maps had me convinced my cab driver was hopelessly lost. He beat Apple hands down without need of any gadgetry, driving us to the door with only one minor hesitation. It's pretty desolate around the hotel, but there's a commercial section on the parallel Guanshan Ave. This is a newly developed area, i.e. lots of fast food, including a Starbucks. The hotel itself is a two-year-old independent business, not a chain. One of The Jade Boutique Hotel's biggest problems was immediately apparent. The level of English of the reception staff was abysmal. Later, I came across a couple of staff members whose English was fine, but overall, it was tough sledding (tough signing?). Let me be clear, the staff were clearly enthusiastic, well meaning, cordial, and helpful, but sadly, poorly prepared. Consequently, as often happens in China, the check-in process took quite a while. Late at night after a long day's journey, this can be irksome. When you get to a room though, they are a very pleasant surprise, nicely designed, well equipped, spotless, and all around luxurious. I didn't watch myself, but some colleagues commented that the TV service was good. Apparently, the current lack of local cable results in access to satellite with a wide range of international programming. My room had a king-size bed, desk, chair, and love seat. It was set up for smokers, i.e. ashtrays and matches were provided, plus a posted warning against smoking in bed. Nonetheless, I neither smelled nor saw any evidence of actual past tobacco, marijuana, or opium use. I didn't make my reservation, so I didn't know whether specific non-smoking rooms were made available, or even whether it mattered in my case. Some colleagues later reported they were indeed on a non-smoking floor. Rooms have many electrical outlets (I counted 10 on one wall!), both wifi and Ethernet, which worked well (although others did have some wifi problems), a tea kettle, lots of bathroom luxuries including a loofa pad, and of course, a minibar. The walk-in closet was impressive and fun, but there was no iron or board, and no safe, which is unusual. Someone said the safe is in the TV cabinet, but I never found it. Most strangely, there was no do-not-disturb sign. Sure enough, my maid broke in twice at embarrassing moments, although luckily neither turned into a Dominique Strauss-Kahn experience. There was nothing hanging on the door handle for sure, but there must have been some electronic sign that I missed because others claimed to have found one. I'll look harder next time. Promise! Madam maid, please forgive me. I had some shirts laundered, and the service was excellent. I left them after the morning deadline, for the truth, but they were neatly hanging in my closet when my afternoon meeting was over. I was only charged the normal rate, which I found very generous. Management of our meeting was very good. The meeting room itself was pleasant, and the equipment good. One reorganization of tables was needed, and staff happily accommodated the move. One annoying detail was while several mobile mikes were provided, many didn't work. At one point, the room filled with some petroleum oder. Probably someone had spilled fuel near a vent somewhere. The staff were very quick to address the problem and managed to clear the room air in a few minutes. Buses to nearby dinners at restaurants recommended by staff were efficiently arranged and reasonably priced. The food was excellent across the board! We had lunches and a banquet in the hotel, and all meals were yummy, as were staff recommendations for alternative local options. One minor gripe I heard was the breakfast buffet was somewhat short on European foods, i.e. cereal, cheese, cold cuts, yoghurt etc. There were some, just not much choice. American-English tastes were well covered, e.g. very good custom cooked eggs, but northern continental Europeans might have a tougher time. The bar is small but pleasant, with friendly service and lots of nibbles. As for my customary sustainability review ... The building is new, so its physical properties are good overall. Windows do not open, but are of reasonable quality. Lighting is OK, with some notable exceptions, worst of which is incandescent bulbs in the bedside lamps. There are also a lot of small halogen spots. Corridors are reasonably efficiently lit and aren't creepy dark. My experience showed the operations sustainability of the hotel to be poor, I'm afraid. There was no sheet or towel reuse program that I could figure out. Colleagues on other floors did see the customary signs for towel and sheet reuse, but my room definitely had none. OK, I didn't look under the bed for them. Horror! The lunches were served in disposable plastic containers. Yes it's true, in the same restaurant that serves lavish banquets by evening, at midday, lunches are issued airplane style. To be clear, the food itself was good, but the meal ends with a large ugly barely biodegradable mound. I'm involved in a project here, so I expect to be back in Wuhan, and I would stay at The Jade Boutique Hotel again for sure. The management and staff are making heroic efforts to create a class destination, but they're not there yet. Their current ecological practices give me more than an uncomfortable twinge making the lovely rooms and delicious food something of a guilty pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very nice luxury hotel at reasonable price. Staff is excellent and English is no problem. Not so close to touristy stuff but that is always just a taxi ride away. Highly recommend this hotel. If you are having a meeting or just visiting, this is a great place to accommodate your needs.

Room Tip: No recommendations here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Spent 6 days in this hotel from 13-19 Feb 2013. I knew about this hotel from comments posted on net in China and also from my friends. The hotel is situated very close to the software park of Wuhan. The nearest subway station is Guanggu. It is a bit far from the hustle & bustle of the down town - a quiet place to work and spend leisure time to have peace of mind.

Mostly had food in the Western restaurant - Splendido. The fod was good. Being from Indian origin of Hindu religion I have too much restriction and dislikes while choosing dishes. The team members of the hotel were very kind and cordial to help me choose suitable custom prepared food even beyond their menu. The very cordial co-operation of Supervisor Darcy Wu Ling and Manager Tiffany Zhang Feng really moved me. The Pasta with Truffles (even during off-season) was delicious and beyond expectation. They also took very good care during the meals in Splendido of this Jade Boutique Hotel. The Manager, Tiffany Zhang Feng, with her excellent English, helped me to choose the sight seeing places around Wuhan and also about proper logistics.

Also thankful to Jeff Hu of front desk for his cordial conversation regarding Indian and Chinese cultures and diverse subjects. Thankful to Andy for being so friendly to me and helping me to tour Wuhan. I was so happy with the surprise gift from Sales Manager Cindy - a simple yet elegant gift to savour the memories of a pleasant stay.

The decoration of the hotel is elegant. The toilet accessories are good.

I hope to be back one day to meet the team members and also to expand my business liaison in this city.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1109. The Wi Fi signal was good and room was not noisy even though it was on the ro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo