“Best in Zhengzhou”

Novotel Zhengzhou Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #11 of 1,486 Hotels in Zhengzhou
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We are westerners who have been living in Zhengzhou for more than a year. We recommend the Novotel to all our visitors (business and friends).

The service isn't great. The rooms aren't huge. But everything is brand new and of a good quality. The room prices are excellent. And the lake walk from here is lovely. The hotel is in the new CBD which is very convenient, not heavy traffic, and not too many people. About a 20 minute walk to a huge modern shopping centre (very expensive though).

Zhengzhou traffic can be tough. So make sure this is the right part of the city to be in before you book.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ysera Z, Asst.EC Manager at Novotel Zhengzhou Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thanks for your comments on our hotel.We take all your comments seriously and taking significant steps so that we can improve the level of service.We will continiue to commit ourselves to the best accommodation experience. Looking forward to your next visit.
Best regards!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have recently stayed 6 nights here with my girlfriend who is Chinese, me being western I was greeted by English speaking staff who went out of their way to make us both feel welcome and happy. We stayed in a king executive room on the 15th floor and the room and its appointments were above expectations. A private bathroom and very roomy living and sleeping area displayed excellent colours and vibrant contrast, I felt at home. We enjoyed breakfast in the executive lounge each morning which I found staff to be very helpful, always smiled and offering as much as they could to kick start the day. We also ate at the Square Restaurant 3 times which offered both buffet and a la carte meals in both western and Chinese foods. The hotel is located a little way away from the centre of the city but offers peace and quiet and wonderful surroundings including the yellow river and gardens opposite for which we took a morning stroll each day. The staff here are courteous and polite and for those that struggle with their English, other staff members are not too far away that are ready to step in and help when needed. Parking can be a little problem here but I am sure in time things will improve in this area. The hotel is new and has the fresh and modern look and feel about it. Without doubt I will stay here again, I ran out of time to explore the fitness centre and swimming pool but will for sure when I return in December. Anyone looking for hassle free accommodation with style and comfort should stop here, you will have no regrets

Room Tip: Executive rooms are beautiful, quite and offer free buffet breakfast daily along with free refreshme...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt G
Ysera Z, Asst.EC Manager at Novotel Zhengzhou Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Zhengzhou Convention Centre. We are pleased to see that you were satisfied with our services during your recent stay with us.
Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us and I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best Regards!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

A very comfortable Hotel nearby the Convention Centre. The Hotel in about a 15 minute walk to the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable - good beds. The hotel is quite new and well serviced. There is only one restaurant and serves buffet meals all day - the food is reasonable but not wonderful!. the a la carte menu is basic. Good wireless internet service and business centre. The surrounds are attractive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here on the Executive/Premier floor last week for 4 nights. The hotel is very nice, modern and clean.

But Novotel Hotel is only the first 15 floors of the building, there are 15 more floors above them in the building and they are not fully constructed / fitted out. So from my room and from the Premier Lounge you can hear loud drills and banging all day until after 6pm – not nice.
The hotel staff are great, very friendly and efficient and did move my room to the other side of the hotel and 1 floor down but I could still hear the noise and the new room was next to the staff lift and corridor, so was not much better.

It is a shame because the hotel is nice with a great gym and pool, and very handy for the convention centre – 5 minute walk. Once construction of the building above is finished then it should be a good hotel.

Room Tip: If building is still going on, don't bother with the Premier Floors and stay lower down.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed in the Club Executive room during my business trip. Flawless room with high standards. Was even provided with a capsule coffee machine, always a bonus :-) Because of my room type, i could have breakfast and drinks on the executive lounge floor (15th floor i think), the view was of course lovely. However, i tried ordering room service a few times and the person on the other end didn't speak very good English. Also, once my room service order took more than 45 minutes to arrive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in while in China. The room is truly luxurious, on the level of a Mandarin Oriental in the United States. The bed is super comfortable, there's a nice chaise lounge and somehow they ventilate it such that you can't smell the cigarette smoke from your neighbors. When I got in, they had a plate of five macaroons laid out on a side table. There's free bottled water. Even more surprisingly, there is a free wet bar with sodas and a tsingtao -- a very nice extra. There is free wifi in the rooms which is a rarity in many chinese cities. The service is terrific. The staff went out on a Friday night before the May 1 holiday to purchase train tickets for me and only charged me the cost of the cab ride which was minimal. It saved me a huge hassle because I saw the lines at the train station for tickets. I've enjoyed some five star hotels in other Chinese cities but nothing has impressed me like the Novotel Zhengzhou which was a fraction of the cost at less than 600 rmb per night.

It is true that the hotel is situated far from the city center, but it's an easy cab ride of 20 to 30 RMB. Unless you really need to be in downtown Zhengzhou, I just can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank HoytSze
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed there for one night it was more then enough for me.
Positives: new hotel. Modern decor comfortable bed.
Negatives: staff speaks very limited English. Extremely bad service. In the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: April 2012