See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 28, 2015

Participated at a conference at this location. Attached to Exhibition Center. Hotel is terribly outdated and not very clean. Very challenging and unsatisfactory experience. Linens soiled, bathrooms filthy. Had a great deal of difficulty communicating with staff, who only spoke Chinese. Very challenging and completely unsatisfactory experience. Will not book again!

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2015

Booked this hotel because the event that I'm attending was held in the convention center. The biggest letdown was no wifi available in rooms and it's only available at lobby area. Even that said, you can't sit at the bar area in the lobby as you'll have to order a drink. You will need to head over to the lobby area at the convention center to access wifi. In times and era like this, wifi has become a necessity and it's a must-have especially in hotel rooms.
Location
It's convenient for the event I'm attending. Supermarket (Carrefour) available next to hotel and there's a shopping mall as well as KFC outlet. Taxi easily available and you just have to walk out towards the main road. No pick up available by hotel and my bad experience with airport taxi did not give ma a good impression of this city. I was cheated by the taxi driver who sent me to the hotel. There is a bus line available that stops at the exhibition center so you can opt to take the bus instead for RMB20.
Room
Furnitures slightly old and can do with some upgrade and maintenance. In room internet by LAN cable was fast but again, wifi would have been great.
Breakfast
Seems that the hotel was under some renovation/maintenance as the breakfast was moved to the second floor of the exhibition center. Food option was fair enough and again, do not expect much of western breakfast in China. Do try out their local dishes. Nice dumplings and main dishes, not too bad.
Staff
Staff was polite and helpful though there was a minor glitch during check out where they key in the wrong amount but I did not query much as it was a mere few cents difference but front desk staff should take note of this. It's not the amount that's of concern but attitude and professionalism by taking your job seriously. Hotel manager should look into this matter.
If my event is held here again, might consider choosing this hotel again for convenience sake.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms available
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stayed there because the room was booked for us for short convention held in the hotel.
Getting into the room we found cigarette left over in the toilet , stained towels ( which were replaced upon our request only after 1-1/2 hours). The minibar did not function. The curtains were just horrible. Dust everywhere. The bed sheets were not clean , to say the least and we asked to change. The cleaning ladies clean the room "above surface" only. When you move the armchair or any other furniture , you find dust and filth that were left there for ages .
Conclusion : I do not know other hotels in Harbin but my only recommendation is : If you can - stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Elan47
Reviewed October 9, 2012

They claim to be 5*... but even with lot's of goodwill, I can maximum give 2*.

I honestly cannot think of anything positive to say, besides the hotel being right next to the exhibition center. And maybe that the internet was free and working.

- The rooms are absolutely filthy. The first time in my life that I decided to wear my shoes in my room the entire time. The carpet has not been cleaned for years. The numerous cigarette burns are not the worst, but the crumbs of unidentifiable origin, in all sizes and colors everywhere in the room, were absolutely disgusting. I called housekeeping to vacuum, but it seems they had never used a vacuum cleaner before. It was painful just to look at them trying.
- All surfaces, including the mirrors, had not been wiped or cleaned for some time with plenty of fingerprints and other visible smear marks
- The bathroom was mouldy, especially (but not only) the shower curtain and the rubber mat.
- The hotel corridors are incredible dark, maybe so that you cannot see the dirt??? They actually switch off every second light on each corridor, which makes it hard to find your way around
- All the furniture are shaky and completely worn
- Cigarette smoke everywhere... even in rooms labelled non-smoking. My non-smoking room even had a sign next to the bed "please do not smoke in bed"
- The lobby may look "grand" at a first glance, but is in fact just tired and worn
- The breakfast... I have eaten from plenty of Chinese style breakfast buffets, but even for local standard this was a new low.
- The staff looks tired and has a complete "don't care" attitude. All the way from the lobby staff, to the check-in, the cleaners, and the (assistant) hotel managers I had the "pleasure" to meet.

During my far too long stay I have seen 5 rooms, and stayed in 2, so my review can be regarded as more or less representative.

If you want to attend a fair or conference in Harbin, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, even if it means a slight inconvenience and taxi ride.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kopi-O
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel is attached to the Exhibition Center which means you save hussle, time and money. However, the hotel is not a 5 star as it claims to be. The first day I was trying to connect on the Internet and I couldn't. I must admit that IT staff came straight away. They couldn't do anything about it so the next day they transferred me to another room. They sent somebody from housekeeping to help me carry my clothes which was very nice. The room is OK (but then again not 5 star) but the bathroom is absolutely filthy. Lighting is very poor so you cannot even wash properly, imagine having to shave or put make up on! Amenities were plenty though. The shower curtain is shorter than it should be so everytime you have a shower the bathroom is flooded. At reception only one person speaks english at a time and we are talking about a very busy hotel. I went to visit hair salon and Gymnasium and I left without saying a word. Warehouses are in better condition. Food is basic to bad. I love chinese food but I couldn't really choose anything to eat from that buffet. The breakfast hall is dirty, tableclothes are dirty, I was even offered a fork which was used and unwashed!!! Don't even ask for coffee! It's just a brownish liquid. It seems as if this hotel used to be 5 star during Mao's era!!! The funny thing is if I would go again on business I would still stay there! Cause location is my first priority in cities were distances are just out of the question to drive back and forth.

Room Tip: If you prefer to sleep in the dark you might have a problem with some rooms that have an outside neon light as a decoration to be seen from far away. Many hotels in China have that though. It doesn't last all night any way but you better check.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business