$152
TripAdvisor
$210
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Harbin Kazy Int'l Youth Hostel(Harbin)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stayed there because the room was booked for us for short convention held in the hotel.
Getting into the room we found cigarette left over in the toilet , stained towels ( which were replaced upon our request only after 1-1/2 hours). The minibar did not function. The curtains were just horrible. Dust everywhere. The bed sheets were not clean , to say the least and we asked to change. The cleaning ladies clean the room "above surface" only. When you move the armchair or any other furniture , you find dust and filth that were left there for ages .
Conclusion : I do not know other hotels in Harbin but my only recommendation is : If you can - stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Elan47
Reviewed October 9, 2012

They claim to be 5*... but even with lot's of goodwill, I can maximum give 2*.

I honestly cannot think of anything positive to say, besides the hotel being right next to the exhibition center. And maybe that the internet was free and working.

- The rooms are absolutely filthy. The first time in my life that I decided to wear my shoes in my room the entire time. The carpet has not been cleaned for years. The numerous cigarette burns are not the worst, but the crumbs of unidentifiable origin, in all sizes and colors everywhere in the room, were absolutely disgusting. I called housekeeping to vacuum, but it seems they had never used a vacuum cleaner before. It was painful just to look at them trying.
- All surfaces, including the mirrors, had not been wiped or cleaned for some time with plenty of fingerprints and other visible smear marks
- The bathroom was mouldy, especially (but not only) the shower curtain and the rubber mat.
- The hotel corridors are incredible dark, maybe so that you cannot see the dirt??? They actually switch off every second light on each corridor, which makes it hard to find your way around
- All the furniture are shaky and completely worn
- Cigarette smoke everywhere... even in rooms labelled non-smoking. My non-smoking room even had a sign next to the bed "please do not smoke in bed"
- The lobby may look "grand" at a first glance, but is in fact just tired and worn
- The breakfast... I have eaten from plenty of Chinese style breakfast buffets, but even for local standard this was a new low.
- The staff looks tired and has a complete "don't care" attitude. All the way from the lobby staff, to the check-in, the cleaners, and the (assistant) hotel managers I had the "pleasure" to meet.

During my far too long stay I have seen 5 rooms, and stayed in 2, so my review can be regarded as more or less representative.

If you want to attend a fair or conference in Harbin, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, even if it means a slight inconvenience and taxi ride.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kopi-O
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel is attached to the Exhibition Center which means you save hussle, time and money. However, the hotel is not a 5 star as it claims to be. The first day I was trying to connect on the Internet and I couldn't. I must admit that IT staff came straight away. They couldn't do anything about it so the next day they transferred me to another room. They sent somebody from housekeeping to help me carry my clothes which was very nice. The room is OK (but then again not 5 star) but the bathroom is absolutely filthy. Lighting is very poor so you cannot even wash properly, imagine having to shave or put make up on! Amenities were plenty though. The shower curtain is shorter than it should be so everytime you have a shower the bathroom is flooded. At reception only one person speaks english at a time and we are talking about a very busy hotel. I went to visit hair salon and Gymnasium and I left without saying a word. Warehouses are in better condition. Food is basic to bad. I love chinese food but I couldn't really choose anything to eat from that buffet. The breakfast hall is dirty, tableclothes are dirty, I was even offered a fork which was used and unwashed!!! Don't even ask for coffee! It's just a brownish liquid. It seems as if this hotel used to be 5 star during Mao's era!!! The funny thing is if I would go again on business I would still stay there! Cause location is my first priority in cities were distances are just out of the question to drive back and forth.

Room Tip: If you prefer to sleep in the dark you might have a problem with some rooms that have an outside neon light as a decoration to be seen from far away. Many hotels in China have that though. It doesn't last all night any way but you better check.
2  Thank myrtia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have been there for a conference in the international conference center. Comparably bad experience for the money you pay (about 88USD/standard couple). It feels as they seem to not have fixed anything in the past 10-20 years. Do definitely not expect 5*, it's more like 2*-3*. The roof is leaking all over the place, the shower is leaking (even after fixing...) the room control is broken, the in-room internet only works sometimes, the windows neither open nor close.

Room Tip: The higher the less noise... The higher, the more difficult to get out...
2  Thank bbczeuz
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel may have been 5 stars when it was built a decade ago but it is obvious that absolutely nothing appears to have been done to maintain the level of quality since then. Our rug was not vacuumed for the 5 days we were there and the masses of black hair all over the floor suggested that it was not done for weeks before that. Mold was growing vigorously in our shower. The hallways were particularly dismal with only one bulb in four turned on. A rainstorm while we were there turned the floor of the restaurant into a dangerous slippery hazard. We were told that the Harbin Institute of Technology was a major stockholder in the property. The HIT symbol on the towels in the room, silverware and dishes in the restaurant, etc. seems to confirm this fact. Maybe this explains the shoddy condition of this hotel which appears to be cared for with the same attention to the occupants as a dormitory.

Room Tip: Be sure to examine the room before you commit to the purchase
1  Thank Thomas L