Heilongjiang Kunlun Hotel
$81
Priceline
$110
  • Pool
7 Days Inn (Harbin Chengde Square)(Harbin)(Great Value!)
$22
    $111
    Excellent 5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 11, 2012

The room was old and dirty. The bathroom was even worse. Water accumulated at the bathtub as we showered, obviously, drainage was poor. Flushing of the WC was difficult.
    During breakfast, even a school canteen is more well-organized. There were not enough seats to cater to the massive number of tourists staying at this hotel. Mostly chinese fare (with some pseudo-Russian meat-and-potatoes) and I found the food not to my liking. Orange cordial drink was warm.
    The positive aspect of this hotel is its location and there are many shops near the hotel and is short walk from the main railway station.

1  Thank MiniBigMama
    Reviewed February 15, 2012

I was quite apprehensive when I learned we were going to stay in this hotel (booked by travel agency) after reading all the bad reviews. Stayed for 2 nights for the ice and snow sculptures exhibitions.
    Our tourist guide got our passports (16 persons) and check-in for us. He gave us our card keys and off we went to our respective rooms at the 18th floor. It took a while for our luggage to reach our room and the porters asked for tips! Altho' we have prepared small bills for them. Luckily, my room is at the back, so quiet at night even if I open the window. Others who had rooms facing the main street, complained of noise coming from the street. The major setback for this hotel are the carpets! Needs vacuum. The breakfast is so-so. Good location. No problem with check-out.
    More like a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter. If AC not working, open your window.
    Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
    2  Thank Hapiness168
    Reviewed January 12, 2012

The rooms at level 10 are still quite old. The electric kettle can turn on by itself to keep the water warm? Carpet is dusty. Bathtub got cracks and shower head not powerful.

Room Tip: Pay more to get a suite.
    2  Thank gcherny
    Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights in this hotel at the end of December 2011 on a group tour. On the second night, my husband woke up at about 3 am to use the toilet. In his hurry, he knocked his face against the bedside table, which was higher than the bed and he felt blood streaming from a gash above his eye and rushed to the bathroom to stop the bleeding. I helped him put a cold compress on the wound using the cold water from the tap and managed to stop the bleeding from the eye.

When we woke up in the morning, we found that the wound was more than 1 cm on the eyelid and though it appeared gaping, the bleeding had stopped. We also noticed a few blood droplets on the quilt cover, which could have dropped from his cut in the middle of the night. We asked a housekeeping staff, who was then outside our room if she could change the bedsheet later. Just a few minutes later, a senior housekeeping staff rang the doorbell and even before I could show her the stains, she sternly said we had to pay the hotel to wash off the blood stains. We were so shocked by her behaviour and I even pointed out the ugly wound on my husband's eyelid. Instead of showing any sympathy, she kept saying we had to pay or we had to wash off the stains ( which were actually a few tiny drops and two 1 cm blotches) ourselves. I was so angry at her stern demeanour and callous attitude and told her we were in a hurry to join our tour and her reply was the housekeeping staff would not clean our room and would wait till we came back to decide whether we would clean the cover or to pay cleaning charges.

Although we had low expectations of this hotel after reading the English reviews that, however, did not prepare us for the callous behaviour of the staff toward the guests. We did not understand why the hotel staff were so unfeeling and unkind. Our tour members on the other hand were so helpful and all offered medication, antiseptic wipes and plasters,etc and even suggested my husband should seek medical care.

The room we stayed in reeked of cigarette smoke and we had to open the windows for a while to get rid of the smell.The carpet was dirty and filthy looking and all the bath towels were not only dirty looking in greyish white colour but were frayed at the edges. The floor towels were torn at the edges. The bathtub was dirty looking and water didn't flow away properly. We had to call housekeeping for a toilet roll when it ran out in the middle of the night, as there was no spare roll in the bathroom.

There was hardly any service at the breakfast buffet and it was overcrowded. There was only one woman manning both the eggs and noodles station despite the queue and crowd. The staff were unfriendly and brusque.

It was an unpleasant stay in this hotel. I would not have chosen this hotel based on past reviews of this hotel but the tour we joined gave us no other choices.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed in Kunlun hotel Harbin for 3 nights, it was a terrible experience. Think it's not been renovated since the 80s. Toilet bowl got choked. Carpet is filthy. For light sleepers, it's really disturbing to sleep at night as it's close to the railway and can get very noisy at night. Breakfast is terrible, I thought I'll compromise with just toast and jam however, there wasnt a toaster available.
    However, it's really close walking distant of less than 15 mins to the tunnel shopping (Hong Bio) This is a big plus point, near to KFC etc.

2  Thank purplecloud89