“Over a hundred years history? Why so bad?”
Review of Tatoc

Tatoc
Ranked #121 of 739 Restaurants in Harbin
Cuisines: Russian
Weihai, China
“Over a hundred years history? Why so bad?”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've lived in China long enough to expect bad service, but REAL foreign restaurants usually know how to cater to foreigners, and considering it says it's over a hundred years old I expected better.

They brough out the meals eratically despite a fairly simple order of a starter and main course each. My main course arrived within a minute of me ordering, then nothing arrive for 15 minutes. Soups arrived miles apart. Ok, so all of this is normal in tacky "western food" restaurants, but having eatern in a few russian restaurants in Beijing, where the service was wonderful, maybe I expected too much.

As for the food, the soup was nice. Evertying else, including Beef stew ( i was freezing and really liked the idea of a stew) baked vegetables and grilled pork, was really bad. I couldn't finish the stew and ended up eating elsewhere. I'm not a great cook but I could have done all those dishes better myself.
Do not go here, Katusha's is a much better Russian restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

Athens, Greece
“european food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The mushrooms cream was very tasty also the lamb ribs. I would advise not to try the pizza, it is a russian restaurant after all.

“Refused service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to Tatos for dessert and they refused to serve us unless we we all bought full meals. We arrived at around 10pm and there were no customers waiting. We left after being told we needed to purchase full dinners in addition to the desserts we actually came for.

Covington, Louisiana
“Fun Russian dining experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Really interesting decor (old photos, Russian artifacts, beer displays, etc) and fun atmosphere at this Russian restaurant, located downstairs below Central Street. Look for the Russian manager or assistant manager as she is very helpful with menu choices and expedities the servers quite well. Soups and stew pot dishes were highlights. Pizza for the kids wasn't the best, but they did eat it.

Beijing, China
“Slightly worse than horrible!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place was HORRIBLE! Upon entering my girlfriend and I were told we could only order from the set menu which was lowest price 268 rmb for 2 people. We chose that one and it was digusting. They brought out all the food at one time, but the main dishes (fish and steak) were cold. In addition to that the steak was all fat and the mutton dish was all bones. It was the worst meal I ate in Harbin.

In addition to this the wine which was "homemade" tasted like grape juice not wine. The only good dishes were the pickles obviously not worth 268 rmb and the water which was an extra 3 rmb a glass.

I would avoid this place like the plague, don't make the same mistake we did!

• Visited January 2013

Been to Tatoc? Share your experiences!