“Cosy cafe with friendly service”
Review of Hamamas Kofi Haus

Hamamas Kofi Haus
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Harbin
Sydney, Australia
“Cosy cafe with friendly service”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Great place to get a cup of coffee, some good food, with the friendliest service in Harbin, and a perfect place to meet other expats or foreign students, have to say that Hamamas became an essential part of my life during my time studying in Harbin. Place is run by a foreign couple who are extremely friendly.

• Visited April 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary
“Pining for Western Cuisine”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I had been living in China for 6 months and the culture shock was becoming intolerable and I found my city Daqing lacked the food I needed to gain some sort of comfort. It was only until a friend told me of Hamamas. I was skeptical at first that anyone could make such delicious and heavenly food to satisfy my craving. But when I stepped into the small secluded restaurant I knew it was the real deal. The atmosphere was friendly and upbeat with jazz music playing in the background. The restaurant offers delicious cakes and cookies that taste just like home. But it's not just its sweets that caught my attention, it was the coffee, salads and subs. Overall my experience was wonderful and my craving for real western food that didn't consist of KFC or McDonald's was satiated.

2 Thank Nyaena21
Australia
“A little bit of the pacific in Northeastern China...”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Hamamas Kofi Haus is a welcome change to the ubiquitous loud and busy Chinese restaurants in Harbin. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dong Bei food as the next Harbinren, but sometimes unwinding with a decent cup of joe and a hot dog (or cake, or muffin) is what you need.
And you'll find this and more at Hamamas.
Run by a lovely couple (Roni is from PNG, hence the decor) Hamamas has garnered a bit of a following both with westerners working and living in Harbin but also the student crowd at nearby HaGongDa University.
They have daily specials as well, such as Pizza and Burritos, as well as their usual Western-style menu.
It's more expensive than a Chinese restaurant or market meal in Harbin but the Western food here is pretty authentic and I didn't find any other place that had foccacia......so I guess you pay for something special.
So if KFC and McDonalds is not your thing and you're hankering for a something other than baozi or jiaozi, visit Hamamas...you won't be disappointed!

2 Thank OzziTrev