All reviews facilities bed wifi shower reception china
Reviewed February 6, 2018

Location:
Shijiazhuang, downtown, a shopping centre is located just across the road.

Accommodation:
We travelled from Beijing to Shijiazhuang by high speed train, and our supplier recommended this hotel to us. I stayed in a double room. The room itself was clean and big. Bed was big and very comfortable. This part of China at this time of year is quite cold (down to -18C, with wind chill), but the room was warm. The air conditioning worked well and I was very cosy for the night. Shower in my room was very good. The toilet was of particular note, having electronically controlled massage, bidet and seat warming functions. The food was good, as was the service. Had a few issues connecting to the WiFi initially, but a call to reception sorted it. It worked well after I sorted my connection issue. As with everywhere in China, some western websites and apps (Google, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.), do not work.

Facilities:
We didn’t get the time to use the facilities.

Overall:
This hotel was good. It is rated at 5 stars, which may be a little generous by European standards. The entrance foyer is very impressive. Food was good. Breakfast had the usual Chinese and Western fare in a buffet arrangement. Was very tasty. The staff were friendly, polite and very willing to help in any way.
Just to note: this hotel is in an area where smoking is still permitted inside, and this is a smoking hotel. The only way you would know though, is the odd discarded cigarette butt in the ashtrays dotted about the building.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed November 25, 2016

I had a room in the curve of the tower, overlooking the main road, which gave off a lot of traffic noise, all night, despite being on the 19th floor (they do love their car horns...). My colleagues had rooms on the other side, and had no problem with noise at all. Rooms were large, but bathroom was very small - they have installed Japanese style electric toilets which take up a lot of space in front of the basin. Room was well equipped with amenities - some of which you would never have thought of, and all the ones you would, and the bed is probably the most comfortable one in the whole country, which is why this gets a 4 instead of a 3. Breakfast is not great for westerners - limited choice, and bread and pastries were stale. Unfortunately at check out I had a problem because the assistant did not know how to charge my credit card in RMB, despite the receipt asking me to confirm that I had been given a choice of currencies. The only option she could do was USD - no help to me, being British. In the end I gave up explaining this, as it was taking too long.

Room tip: Ask for rooms away from the main road
Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed March 9, 2016

Normally 5* hotels in China worth max. 3* in accordance to Western standards. Here we are in a real 5* with all the facilities and most of all the service which differenciates a luxury hotel from the others. Rooms are very wide (I got a superior one) with amenities and all features (heating, wifi, iron etc.) working at the best. Breakfast is the widest in terms of variety I have experimented in more than 2 weeks travelling all over China. But most of all service is really outstanding. I had a problem with washbasin tap and after "telling" (like everywhere in China maid did not speak but Chinese language) the maid in no more than 5 minutes she called the maintenance man and the problem was fixed. In evening my bed was resettled (in Italy many times this service is not accomplished even in 5* hotels. In a few words, a hotel to advise everyone who for business has to visit this big (and unfortunately ugly) Chinese city

Room tip: superior rooms
Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed October 16, 2015

My night here on business was a great respite from the crazy traffic and new subway construction outside this hotel. The room is spacious and clean. Turn-down service included slippers left beside the bed, and the bathroom is well stocked with amenities, many of which I won't need, but appreciate their being offered. The lobby has meeting space for small groups, a piano, and a pastry bar which looks like it has some tasty choices. The service is prompt and helpful. The hotel is older, but has been well maintained and has an old world charm to it not found in newer hotels.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed April 5, 2015

This hotel is situated in city centre. Found many Chinese Muslims restaurents near by. Hence, there were no worry about food. Hotel service was superb with specious and clean rooms. Complimentary breakfast was awesome .

Date of stay: March 2015