All reviews great hotel vinny pool chinese china
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Wyndham Sanya Bay and received great service from Vinnie Hongtao, he greeted us each time we returned to the hotel and helped us find a missing cap and sun glasses!

The room attendants also provided very good service and always offered extra water and soft drinks during the stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 30, 2018

Dear Homerun_Traveler,

Dear valuable guest, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in.so we value your feedback and make all aspects better. We hope you will visit us again.

Sincerely by Marketing & Communication Department

Reviewed October 5, 2017

First.....I LOVE Sanya. I also have lived in China for years and speak Mandarin and Shanghainese. I came with myself and 5 year old son. I usually stay at the Pullman (which FYI I now regret NOT doing) to save a few dollars at Wnydham. I choose this hotel because it was rated as very family friendly and a great location (I am traveling alone with a 5 year old, so both important to me). I will be FAIR. Airport pick up was good. However...terrible check in. I had called MANY times (I could name names, but why bother) and was told my room amount and when it was due. I arrive to hotel at 11pm. My son was VERY sick; not like him AT ALL.....earache from flight. He is laying on the lobby floor complaining of earache. I was told one amount of room and now was being demanded another amount (FYI which I did not have). I frantically start calling ANYONE to help (again not like me; I travel a lot). I get hotel to agree to ALL of my credit card and half of my cash. I INSIST this amount was not was I was told NOR what I have in writing. No care. If my son was not so sick I would have been more demanding or LEFT! Room was fine. In fact, room is nice (there I said a positive). Hotel staff seemed concerned about my son. Brought milk. He had 38 Celsius fever. Was told no pharmacy was open, nothing unless I want to go to hospital. I decide to just give him children's meds and put him to bed. Wait. I then decide to order 24 hour room service. FYI nothing on menu was available. Nothing. I tried pasta. Nope. Sandwich. Nope. Finally starving just give me soup. ALSO....no one AT this HOTEL speaks English. NO ONE. And they aren't interested in your nice phone ap or anything else. Did I mention I speak Mandarin??? I was told by manager "well, we don't speak Mandarin here". My son wakes up ok (thank GOD). No hot water. NONE. Cold shower. Go to breakfast buffet (nothing Western....good thing we are used to Chinese food). Go to pool (here is a positive....great pool for kids.....great....if you have a kid.....this is the pool area for you). This hotel advertises yoga (I tried, but was told first they didn't understand me -which seems to be common response) and then was told by manager that "well, yes we have but no one uses it so if you're only one that uses yoga, we don't have it". Ok....was told there is a movie theatre....yes there is...again...no English anything nor a care to help.....was told about this amazing Kids Club....yes there is.....again...."sorry don't understand you or care so????".....is this a "good location"??? I guess, but just know it's 100% Chinese, nothing Western and no catering to expats. And unlike places like Shanghai where people want to help; this area does not. Having had lived all over China for 7 years, I am really surprised at the level of "eff you" in this area and hotel. I will come back to Sanya....I like it. But never this hotel again. EVER. Pullman Oceanview will be my go to again. Regret coming here and still 3 more days left...ARGH.....

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Venturagal
Reviewed September 13, 2017

i made that decision to live in this hotel before i went to sanya . when i finished check in ,i saw my room.it was pretty good and had a individual balcony很棒棒 很好 服务也算可以哒。景色不错 适宜亲子游 自助给7分吧。还算不错

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed September 10, 2017

It's a beautiful hotel not far from the airport. Staff attentive and proactive. Room inside is spacious, clean and the bathtube in the balcony of each room is a gimmick. My niece was crazy about it and splashed around (the row of rooms is in a concave shape and thus guests in the balconies of their own rooms could actually watched him bathing, haha!)

Quite many dining options in the hotel. The supermarket below the hotel is a plus where we bought lots of snacks.

Swimming pools are fun too. Overall, we love it so much.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2017

We booked for 7 nights. We arrived at the hotel which was only 3 km far from Phoenix Airport, we were asked for 40 RMB to get there by a private big car since we had many luggages, we experienced nice welcome, with fast check in,a glass of chilled lemon water, help with our luggage and were taken to our room.Behind the reception, there is a nice quiet area for book reading. The hotel is consisted of 3 buildings. The main one which we stayed and is A, it has the B and the C around the pools. Our sea view room had a smell of mold. We did not like this and we asked for a change. Immediately, they transferred us to the exactly same room on the floor below. All fine! Nice, clean, big, with bath tube on the balcony. The toiletries do work and smell so nice! Two minutes later they provided us the baby bed we had requested.Two bottles of water and the minibar were daily offered for free.The room lighting is good enough.The first day we tried the western buffet restaurant at the price of 198 RMB per person including unlimited drinks and unlimited beer.
To be honest, we did not find the food of a great quality and freshness. We just ate it for our hanger. We had a lovely sleep on their beds. There are 4 different types of pool depths. the two mid range are in the same big pool with a portable division, and the two rest are entirely separated. The shallow one for toddlers and the deepest for racing. They provide free clean towels for the pool and for the nearest beach if you take their hourly shuttle bus to get there (around 2km). Of course there is a closer beach a couple of squares from the hotel where some people also walk or swim. Also by the pool you can find to rent lifesavers in different sizes to rent for 20RMB/hour and a pool bar. Every pool has a lifeguard. Next to the kid's pool there is a playground with slides that lead you into the kid's pool and just behind there is a sandpit with some plastic little buckets for the children to play. Just behind shower heads exist for having a douche. Sunbeds are free not only at the hotel but even at the beaches we visited of Yalong and Dadonghai which are highly recommended!
Near the pool inside the garden, there are kiosks where you can have massage. Nearly 300 RMB for 50 minutes of foot massage. Toilets in public hotel areas are so clean.
The a la carte Chinese restaurant on the 1st F is excellent and has very reasonable prices! Also the buffet breakfast is good. There are many choices. Some Chinese but also some Western. The place gets very busy and crowded but we never had to wait or queue to find a table and all food trays are refilled.
The hotel has a nice bar next to the lobby with live music of an excellent singer singing both Chinese and International music and she sings amazing! She made us have some cocktails there.
Under the hotel, there is parking, a little mall with big super market, cinemas, restaurants, wedding photo shop etc which is very convenient.
Staff was excellent and helpful. Some speak good English. For the days of rain, hotel provides umbrella in the wardrobes and indoor children's playground free of charge where there is also movie room with big screen (projector) and levels with huge pillows to lie down or recline and enjoy them. The only game that requires 5 RMB is the small carousel of 3 seats. There we were told that you can even pay to have a person looking after your child if you let them know in advance. Also at the lobby you can find Karaoke private cabins (2- 3 people inside) and you can pay as much as you want (we paid 45 RMB for 30minutes) to have some fun! English songs and baby songs were available but menu is in Chinese. Hotel has a beautiful garden. Also there is bike renting and family bikes (60RMB/hour bike for 2 people).

Generally around the hotel there are works being done, there may be just a little noise some time. Did not bother us. Airplanes cannot be heard from Airport. The sea view was partial and did not worth having paid for it. It would have been better to have a pool view room.
Concierge helped us a lot with our visits around providing sights map, information and calling taxi for us. All taxi drivers that hotel called for us were professional, driving safe, polite, helpful with what we needed (finding a place, helping with luggage) and never overcharged.
We would definitely recommend it to families.

• Trip type: Traveled with family