We stayed in a beachfront room that was decent inside (no wow factor), but I didn't like how you had to go down from floor level at the main entrance, down these dark damp stairs where mosquitos liked to linger. The front garden was similar a bit overgrown. The lounge chairs right outside facing the beach were nice, but the plung pool was filthy and we never used it. Again, it looked mosquito infested.
The beach was decent. Sand wasn't the nicest and the waves were too strong to swim in, but the kids played in the sand and didn't complain.
We spent most our time in the pools which were really nice! The baby pool had sand on the bottom and was nice and shallow so our toddlers could play safely. My only complaint is that the food served by the pool was not very good. You had to get dressed and go into one of the restaurants for a decent meal.
The food at the Chinese restaurant was amazing! The beach restaurant's food was not that great, but the atmosphere made up for it. The noodle bar was yummy, but be warned the portions are HUGE. You will feel a bit obligated to finish all those noodles they give you, or you could easily share a bowl with someone else. Food was slightly pricey but to be expected at a nice resort.
English was so-so, but they tried so hard to please that it made up for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the privacy of a secluded 1.2 Km nationally protected coral bay and nestled amongst lush tropical flora, Mandarin Oriental, Sanya is an exclusive retreat where nature is celebrated and tranquillity is assured. The luxury resort features a series of private low rise and villa accommodation with ocean and tropical garden views, innovative restaurants and bars, recreational facilities for both adults and children, a blissful Spa Village and distinctive indoor and outdoor conference and banqueting facilities. Located just 20 minutes from Sanya International Airport, the luxury resort provides convenient access to all of the area's major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hainan