I'm someone who has high expectation. Esp for something we pay 500usd per night.
I stay at the plunge pool ocean front pavillion. The two bedroom villa was fully booked, so we stay next to each other with my family.
The booking was really hard. They hardly reply to our email. Ask for special promotion, the credit for F+B is helpfull. We need to fax or email the front and back of our credit card for security.
People do complain about their english here, I know my english aint that good, but at least we still can communicate. And I don't find a problem at all. You can't expect them to speak fluently like the american does. They're chinese. But hey, their service and their politeness and the way they remember you, your room no, and the way they try their best to please you, I never get this in any other places before.
The plunge pool pavillion has two floor, and the one staying at our second floor was sooo noisy, we need to close our balcony door at all time.
Buggy call was slow since the resort is very big and they're always busy esp at night, so we always do a lil walk, but it is nice, the weather, the pathway is clean, so if one of the buggy pass by we just jump in.
Breakfast was not that much, but people says that's the best in sanya? Yet it is high quality. I like the fact they make their juice freshly one by one, grill the bacon one by one as well. Breakfast staff at pavillion was fantastic.
The food menu price is not expensive. I mean it is price for a hotel food. 70rmb for a noodle. 200rmb for steak, I find it reasonable. I know there's a hotel who charge 50usd for a fried rice, and 20usd for a normal iced tea.
I went to the yiyang restaurant for dinner, and the staff hardly speak english, which is ok, because at least they tried, but we don't like the way she pour the tea, crossing infront of our face to reach the others cup. She should consider move closer to the other and pour the tea. We find it rude. Esp its should be their fine dining chinese restaurant. Food was great.
We went to the moBar for wine for the 1st night, there was a philipino singer joining in, they were great. But it become like as if its their own party.
We also went to the sunset bar, where we ordered a bottle of wine and a mango juice, and it never appear. But someone who sat beside me who just came, get his mango juice first than me. Then I asked them for that. They then make their mistakes by serving us a hot chocolate marsmallow fondue, which is appreciated. It was a nice one.
The guest relation staff, choi from korea is really friendly and helpfull. And so jerry from reception. The two concierge guy. All the buggy staff was top notch. I feel like I'm treated equally here.
The spa, I don't go there, since they never have a lot of space and its always fully book. So I send my mom and my dad, let them enjoy the facility. They go for foot massage. My mom love it so much, she says, the best massage she ever get. And she wanted to go for the full bodied massage. (She didn't since we don't have much time)
My dad hate it so much, the masseur was having flu, and can't give a good preasure for the massage, so during the 1hr, all he says is "please press harder". And yet she's still fail. My dad think its a ripp off and he canceled the chinese healing medicine appointment for the next day. Though he really have a bad backache. So my advice is, ask for the senior masseur.
I went to yalong bay as one of my city tour trip. And it was looks like so cheapo beach full of wannabes. So I'm happy with dadonghai beach. Enjoy the resort, enjoy the guests activities that they made for the guests and the kids.
I really regret spending many of my time for travelling and sight seeing in sanya. I'd rather stay in the hotel, enjoy the food and the facilities.
The hotel location is close to the shopping area, close to the food stalls, and its fun. You can grab a taxi to get back to the hotel by one 8rmb.
I don't have any idea if I would come back to sanya, but to mandarin oriental sanya, they made me think twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the privacy of a secluded 1.2 Km nationally protected coral bay and nestled amongst lush tropical flora, Mandarin Oriental, Sanya is an exclusive retreat where nature is celebrated and tranquillity is assured. The luxury resort features a series of private low rise and villa accommodation with ocean and tropical garden views, innovative restaurants and bars, recreational facilities for both adults and children, a blissful Spa Village and distinctive indoor and outdoor conference and banqueting facilities. Located just 20 minutes from Sanya International Airport, the luxury resort provides convenient access to all of the area's major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hainan