Huayu Resort and Spa Yalong Bay Sanya
$36
$34
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Palm Beach Resort & Spa Sanya(Sanya)(Great Value!)
$64
$43
$87
$79
Agoda.com
$46
$41
  • Pool
Fangjie Holiday Apartment(Sanya)(Great Value!)
$27
$23
Trip.com
All reviewsprivate beachbeautiful bathroomother hotelsspeak some englishfamily staybreakfast buffetkids roomhot pothuge poolchinese familieswhite sandlanguage barrierchinese foodseafoodhotel guestsbayswimming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Arrived at the crowne plaza with my partner and a group of friends and crown plaza could not find our reservation. The tour company we had booked with had confirmed paperwork from the crowne plaza and had to fax it through. This took over 2 hours! We were then told that we would be found a room even though the hotel was full. The hotel checked us in at 1.50am assuring us that we would be going to our room only to be told to take a seat and that they were cleaning the bathroom. We were eventually shown to the room at 2.40am which had mould running down two walls and stank despite the attempted cleaning by the staff. Finally put our heads down at 3am.

Following day we were asked to come to reception to change to a different room, we spent over an hour waiting whilst they tried to sort us out with another room only to be told that we should come back later. This was a clever ploy to get us out of our room so that a maintenance guy could come and scrape the mould and horrid plaster off the walls before we'd had a chance to photograph the room in daylight. We had already taken a video and the manager looked rather sheepish when we told him this.

The room we were finally moved to was not moldy but the cleanliness standards were simply appalling, the hallway was dirty and grubby, the windows looked as though they had not been washed inside or out for a very long time. We were missing glasses from the room which were never replaced despite asking everyday. Bathroom toiletries were not replaced everyday and only after a call to reception did a whole bundle get left strewn by the sink.

We had breakfast in bed one morning which was delicious but the tray was removed from our room and left outside our door for two nights by which point the column of ants was fascinating.

Our final evening we were returning from the beach and our door keys had been cancelled so we had to wait for a maid to come and open the door for us. Replacement keys took 30 mins to arrive.

Poorly staffed, dirty, dusty, rats, ants, cold (unheated) swimming pools, light fixtures that don't work, very poor level of English. I would never go again nor recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I stayed in Crowne Plaza Yalong Bay for 5 days. I must say with all the hotels I have stayed, their room ranks high if one of the best. Although I booked the deluxe room which is their smallest. The room was very spacious, with its own bathtub ( situated in the middle of the bathroom ) and you get your personal balcony overlooking the pools of the hotel.

The Hotel itself is very Chinese, the structure reminds you of Old China. What greets you when you enter is a huge Chinese building. Although it is very Chinese, everything is very modern. From the amenities to the service.

Plus there is a shopping area just beneath the hotel ( although it is expensive compared to the shopping centers downtown and Dadonghai ) My advise is, if you want a relaxing stay in Yalong Bay. Stay here, it is just 3 minutes away from the Beach.

Crowne Plaza provides its guests access to a private area in the Beach where you can relax and enjoy the beach of Yalong Bay.

Tips:

Be sure to book a room with breakfast! I opted not to because it would be cheaper but I was wrong. If you do purchase a room w/ breakfast it will cost you 100 Yuan more but if you eat breakfast without a voucher it will cost you 170 Yuan. The breakfast buffet is off the chain.

Just beside the hotel, probably 5 minute walk is the Butterfly park, try ang visit that while you are in Yalong bay. It has a market where you can buy souvenirs and enjoy the scenery, for only 50 Yuan or less you can spend your afternoon there.

Last but not the least, in the shopping area below the hotel, try and visit this restaurant called China Impression. They serve the best Chinese cuisine and they will give you a discount card where you can take advantage in your next visit. I have been in China for 10 days now and so far, there restaurant has the best food so far.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank undob0y
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We travelled to Sanya for a quick R&R and booked with the Crowne Plaza. We got upgraded to an deluxe room due to my Priority Club membership. The service was really fantastic and staff was very helpful, the room was a pool view room and quite lovely. The decor was a modern Chinese ...the bed & room was MASSIVE! Overall a great hotel.

We were a bit out of the way from the city centre but there was fairly easy access of public transport.

The Tea Tree Spa just in the mall next to the hotel was fantastic. Must try!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Me , my wife and son spend last week of June on this hotel . The hotel is quite good even if the cleanliness is not the best every where , the swimming pool is large and has a good design but there is nothing for children , my son bored a lot as no water slides or other things that should be there to make the children happy ,
Breakfast is very good , I suggest go late after 9.00 am , there are less people and you can have possibility to choose the food without be pushed out by some unpolite people, it seems that the chinese become crazy when see the buffet so is better you let them go otherwise you will be crashed somewhere....
I did not try the hotel restaurant but we try the restaurants on the commercial center " Le Floret" that as I understood belong to the Crowne Plaza , anyway the food quality is so so , nothing special , we try the Brasilian BBQ , the beef was super fat . The pizzeria was serving frozen pizza and the draft beer was 80% water almost every where.
Anyway this was not a big problem for us , what make me very upset is the behaviour of the hotel staff and employer , they looks very sad and unhappy , no smile at all !!!
Seems they are very sad to work and do that without any emotion .
This make me and my family very unconfortable stay.
This is the main reason why next time I will no stay in this hotel anymore

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank maxpapa59
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This 5 star chain gives the crowne plaza a bad name. The check-in service was like a zoo. While waiting in like people would cut and interrupt while we tried to check in. It took us 30 minutes trying to fight our way to the front desk. When we finally got our room, it was like an old 80s style that has never been touched up. The sofas were stained with cigar stains, the bathroom had mole on the walls. The door to the bathroom didn't close because it was broken off the track. I was very disappointed for waiting 30 minutes to change the room. Not only that the free breakfast was best to be missed. They had flies flying around the uncovered food and the cheese plate uncovered, dirty plates on the tables and no place to sit. . McDonnald's would put this place out of business. The pool was dirty and was a trashy place to pick up a cheap date.. I would not recommend this place to anyone. its dirty, un-friendly. and the beach was like a sand box. The howard Johnson Sanya was 100 times better!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple