“Well organized budhist park”

Nanshan Cultural Tourist Area
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Sanya
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was recommended to visit this place and decided to take a bus with three other colleagues. Being a tourist, I enjoyed every miles I passed by keeping my eyes in focus to the local way of life. I made the traffic, farming areas, traditional market and many other things I saw on the way to the temple as valuable experience.

Once we arrived in the temple we given a site map and free to decide whether we will go on foot or gather with elderly on a vehicle. It was a 'no' and then we went on foot from one spot to another. We found every corner of the park is picturesque and well maintained. There is souvenir shops, food stalls, children playground, different kind of temples, statues, flower garden, just to mention a few. We need a wide angle lens to cover the 108-meter Guan Yin Budha to make it perfectly in the frame with our pose on the lower corner. I believe there was thousands of people, mostly local, but the park just fit them well. At the end, we did not realize we have been walking for kilometers until we end up in the bus to go back to Sanya with fatigue on both legs. But I don't care; it just worthwhile. I love the food, the people, ambiance and the nature itself.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nanshan cultural area is a beautifully designed and executed nature area, with gorgeous temples and Chinese buildings to look at, and lots of little paths to walk on. This does not however merit the (by Chinese standards) extortionate 150 kuai entrance fee. The Buddha statue is marvellous, and the Nanshan Temple on a hill is really something to see! A must see if you come to Sanya, but if you have a student/pensioner/military personel card that might work at the park, it's worth a shot to bring it along and try to get a discount...

1  Thank Optimist89
Reviewed May 17, 2012

If you are interested to Chinese Buddhism culture, try to go here. they have a lot of statues, pagodas and interesting Buddhist relics all around the place.

the place is quite big, and it's quite hot to walk it during the summer-autumn time.
a tour car is provided by the place, which will cost you 30 yuan per day (Don't throw away the ticket).

there are a five star hotel located inside this place. and several Buddhist vegetarian restaurant (they serve vegies and some vegetarian "meat" (which is processed from vegetable, but taste almost like meat dishes).

Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is a must to see. Amazing.
But just the Buddah. Last stop of the turist trolley.

A little bit expensive, 150RMB por person plus 30 for the trolley.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I was not impressed with this attraction at all. Everything seemed to be very kitsch. The entrance fee is high. If you have a month to spend in Sanya, then you can spend a day there. If your trip is short, don't waste your time.