“Bad Service, Bad Experience”
Review of Tianfuyuan Resort

Tianfuyuan Resort
Ranked #69 of 1,347 Hotels in Sanya
Reviewed November 12, 2011

One of the worst hotels I have stayed in. My bad experience in chronological order upon arrival are:

1. Upon arriving at the hotel by cab, the bell boy pulled only 1 of the 2 medium-sized luggages to the lobby while I had to pull my own.
2. The group of 3 bell boys directed us to the lift lobby instead of carrying our luggages to our rooms.
3. Small toilet, with bad urine smell. The towel needs replacement. The pillows smell really bad.
4. Safe deposit box in my room was not working and they could not fix it till about 6 hours later.
5. The LAN cable in my friend's room next door was not working and they claim there is nothing they could do.
6. The mini-bar in my room is locked and they refused to open it until I raised my temper at them after having to reason with them for 1 hour.
7. My mini-bar in my friend's room is completely empty and they refused to replenish the bar.
8. Hotel security kept trying to coerce us to take the hotel transport out to city instead of taking a cab. Told us we cannot board the cab in front of the hotel. The listed price shown to us was over RMB 100 while the trip by cab actually cost us only RMB 30.
9. Paid for my stay in full cash plus another RMB 800 deposit and yet they don't even allow me to sign for room service costing RMB 371.
10. Had late lunch at the Chinese restaurant and when we were the only table left, the aircon was turned off immediately.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank RobinL2011
There are newer reviews for Tianfuyuan Resort

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were so disappointed with this hotel. The rooms are dirty and old. Loads of Mosquitos and geckos in the rooms too. Our balcony overlooked a bus car park. Don't waste your money there are far better hotels out there.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank pampillon
Reviewed September 27, 2011

There is very little English-speaking capacity in the staff. There was a rat running across the floor in the downstairs Chinese restaurant while we were having dinner. Tried telling a waiter but he didn't speak English (I used hand gestures of animal running on floor) but he wasn't interested to find out. The brochure in the room lists features such as pedicure but try getting one--they supposedly have a beauty shop/spa where I tried to get a pedicure (it was impossible to make an appt that they could keep). The so-called beauty shop/spa is a dodgy-looking grotto with private rooms and doesn't open til 4:00 pm, featuring karyoke. Use your imagination on that one. The bathtubs are moldy and have moldy plastic mats, stained towels, etc. To get to the beach, I had to cross a busy street only to find that the boardwalk/stage to the beach was covered in a plastic tarp (another guest said one must enter the beach further down because that area is "closed." The hotel shop had a small tube of Nivea sunscreen for the equivalent of $30 USD. The breakfast was slim pickins although one can get an omelet. The bed was like sleeping on a plank, although I am grateful that I saw no bedbugs. Outside the Chinese restaurant, on the terrace before the pool, there is a large area paved with slick ceramic tiles that are exptremely slippery. It was raining and wet and I slipped and fell. Although lots of waiters and staff were sitting around in the restaurant, and I am pretty sure they had to have seen me fall, no one got up to help me up.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Gal_i_vanter
Reviewed September 24, 2010

This hotel is suited for people who will be only sleeping in this hotel, getting breakfast and don't expect anything else there. Nice sea, but beach is not so comfy, sometimes dirty. Food is monotonous (we were having same table every time) and not really tasty. Big nice pool but too much chlorine.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I regret that I stayed in this Hotel, , I left the hotel with hundreds of bedbug mark all over my body ,
their breakfast is extremely poor quality , from their diluted juice to their tasteless brown color liquid that they call it Coffee ,
With 1/2 as much you can have far better breakfast in nearby restaurant.
There is no one with authority in entire hotel, for the simplest thing you have to go through 10 different leaders,
As for the stars go I think they got their 4 stars from Bubble gum machine
I tried several times to speak with their General Managers, he refused to speak and always pass the message to one of the front desk employee to handle the call.
Bottom line Pay a bit more elsewhere , and enjoy your valuable vacation time .

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
7  Thank usasoroush
Reviewed May 8, 2010

As other reviews note this is a bare-bones outfit geared to Chinese and Russians. There are no frills, everything is an add on charge (orange juice at breakfast - "more money!") but if you want a cheap room with a walk to the beach it's OK. Wouldn't stay here again, or for very long at that matter.

English speakers are extrememly limited, even at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo