1,911 results
All reviews yalong bay sea view hainan island swim up bar room rate nice resort pools china english bathtub taxi
Reviewed August 16, 2006

Excellent hotel, they thought of everything! Cold drinks and towels during check in, beach bags and thongs in the rooms, fantastic! The rooms were amazing as well. They were uniquely decorated and beautifully designed. I wish we would have spent more time there, but we were too busy exploring the pools and gorgeous spa. I'd highly recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank tiffanytom
Reviewed August 1, 2006

We spent 3 nights at the hotel. An absolutely nice experience. The hotel was crispy new. Room was big and tastefully decorated. We loved the huge lagoon and lap pools very much. The beach was nice too, not crowded at all, and tons of lounge chairs for guests to use.

The service had improved a lot since previous reviews. Staff were nice and helpful. Of course, some were less experienced but we did feel that they tried their best. As said in other reviews, the breakfast place was crowded, especially between 9 and 10 am. The food was generally okay, but not superb (well it's hard to impress Hong Kong people coz Hong Kong probably had the best chefs and the best ingredients in Asia.). We also spent a night at Teak Lounge, with live music. Drinks were very reasonably priced (usually around RMB 30 - 40).

By the way, we also visited Marriot and Sheraton, which were just next to Hilton. We had to say Hilton was the best amongst them.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
12  Thank cwte
Reviewed July 19, 2006

Hilton disappointed me very much this time!
Checking-in was a mess! Front Desk was sucks!
Especially for Foreign Currency Exchanged!
Management was disorgainised!
Asking them to orgainse a firework party but none of their
staffs put effort on it!
Need more training for top management!
Well, I will not visit Hilton anymore unless gaining a credit from
my friends!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank fattychan
Reviewed July 19, 2006

My fiancee's brother bought us an engagement present to stay at the Hilton for 3 days. After the planetrip, I had a splitting headache and our taxi driver pulled over to a local pharmacy and recommended a painkiller. Strange start to the trip, but our driver was helpful. The drive, as all of our taxi drives in China, was fast and interesting. After about 45 minutes from the airport, we arrive at the Hilton.

Our first impressions of the facility were excellent. In spite of my poor mood due to the migraine, I was very impressed with the beauty of the lobby and the quick process of our check-in. The lobby is a beauty. They have a huge entryway but the wood tones make the feeling of the room very inviting. (Sidenote: An American tourist, one of the only one Americans I saw, was loudly complaining in the lobby about service as we were checking in. After reading some of the reviews, I would say that service problems for the most part stem from a lack of English.) After our welcome tea, we were shown to our room.

I was immediately impressed with the room as well. The French doors that open onto the South China Sea were one of the highlights. You can recline on the king size bed and look out towards the Sea. We spent some time enjoying the waves and view from our very spacious balcony as well. Room was well-maintained and stocked. If we lacked anything, we merely picked up the phone and they sent extra supplies up for us immediately. My fiancee speaks fluent Cantonese and Mandarin so we did not run into any problems with communication.

The Chinese restaurant that is on site was excellent and very reasonably priced. I wish we would have eaten there more, but only went there on the last night of our stay. The breakfast was an interesting mixture of different cuisines. I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fruit, but stuck with some of the staples for an American breakfast. The breakfast area was a bit crowded, but we did not have a problem with getting a seat right away. We also tried IZE. This is one of my only complaints. Way overpriced almost bland food. There were hardly any folks in there, the ambience was not relaxed or inviting, and the portions were of a comical size. When they brought out our appetizer, served on 2 teaspoons, we both had a difficult time holding back our laughter.

For leisure, we enjoyed walking along the beach and relaxing by the many connected pools. I also had alot of fun taking the SeaDoo out on the Sea. The waves were huge when we were there and I had a great time bodysurfing there as well. Towels and chaise lounges were plentiful and we enjoyed the privacy we seemed to enjoy wherever we chose to sit.

We did not use the spa, so I can't comment on any of those facilities.

Overall, the setting, hotel, and staff were all excellent. Pricing is very reasonable there as well, save the IZE restaurant. In order to accomodate our late check-out, the staff allowed us several more hours and did not charge us. They were very courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling in that area. I will definitely return and bring back family members.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
15  Thank SHamilton
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Hotel was very lovely, you will not go wrong. The pools are great and there are neat hidden slides. The beach a nice prestine well kept area, the complex beautifully designed. The hotel is the last one for now, located on a streach of a beautiful beach where only large hotels are situated. There is not much else around but you can see that this will soon be changing once discovered.
This hotel is very well kept, clean, people daily keep the grounds at all levels manually.
Service unlike what others have mentioned in the review we found was very good. People were attentive to us and extremely friendly, although yes English is not easily spoken but with a new location and relatively new vacation spot for china its to be expected and you can still manage very well. Management has done great strides in a few months when I compare the reviews.
The bedrooms are mini suites with ample space, equiped with plasma tv and large baths, all the great comforts with many Hilton details. My only draw back to the rooms is the bed, its much too hard.
Food was excellent at all the restaurants and a choice of local and northamerican and fusion styles with added touches. A good wine list at the main restaurant. The breakfast plentiful.
We had good service and friendly staff and management. It was my birthday and the staff were extremely nice and thoughtful with the added touches that really pleased us.

All and all a great place to recommend to relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2006